Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/13/2010 (Read 136 times)

Happy Camper

Maybe a Kodiak Arrest at Humpy's?

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

theyapper

On the road again...

Willa - with all the places you listed, I sure hope you're staying long enough to spread the visits out a little.  If not, ODing for sure.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Sounds fun.... where is all that taking place??

Ok, I just slept 10 hours because of the school delay for snow.  I think I really needed it and I hope that I can make that a regular habit- getting to bed earlier.

Everyone except Lou answer this:   how much sleep do you guys get?

I've been busy this week subbing, teaching  Body Pump, teaching piano..... I should probably pick one job-   but they're all part time and here and there.

I've run on the treadmill some but really want to get outside.  I'm just adjusting to the beginning of winter, I suppose.

heh

I'll answer anyway. Smile  between 6 and 7 hours usually, but 8 or so on the weekends.  Today was like a weekend for me, and I'm taking a rest day, so I slept until 6:00!  Poor Harriet had to wake up at 4:00 to run.

Brewing now...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Quick answer: I'm sure not nearly enough.

Funny but true answer: Most nights I'm asleep before I'm in bed.

Answer you want: I probably get about 6 hours a night.  More in the winter cause I can run later if I need to and less in the summer when I'm running early to beat the heat.  The week before my marathon I went to bed by 10 every night and felt awesome.

Paul

Hawt and sexy

Sleep? Wow. Right now, about 8 hours a day. When my mileage is up at 70+ a week, it's closer to 10-12 hours a day. But I was the kid that needed 10 hours a night in order to not be a grumpy pants.

I'm touching your pants.

evanflein

Ha. Actually, Kimmie, I think Lou gets more sleep than I do. He just uses his waking hours better than I. If I get to bed before midnight most nights, I consider that "Yay! early bedtime!" and my alarm goes off at 5:45. On the weekends, I sleep in but also stay up later. I'm a terrible night owl, and having the weird daylight (or lack of same) issues we have here just makes it worse. In the summer, I never want to go to bed and end up seriously sleep deprived by the time the weekend rolls around.

I can't imagine Amanda being ms. grumpy pants.

Bryan, Humpy's is in Anchorage. We have Silver Gulch Brewery here but DH doesn't like the beer that much (I do) and the food is only so-so. But I love Silver Gulch because they help sponsor the Gold Discovery Run, that 16.5 mile trail/road race with the serious downhills I love... ending in their parking lot with free beer and a barbecue afterwards!

Kimmie, I hear you on the too-much-treadmill running. I was hoping to run outside both Saturday and Sunday, but it's not going to warm up till Sunday at the earliest. Monday should be getting back to not bad with temps around zero. I just don't have any drive (or need) to run in -30° this winter.

Gym workout yesterday, elliptical and weights. Hope to run tonight after work.

Happy Camper

Had to mention Humpy's since I saw it featured on Man vs Food and thought you had run their race before.  Smile 

Sleep for me is weird.  I usually get 4 hours in, wake up for 1 - 2 hours, then doze off for a couple more.  Around 6 hours total but  hardly ever straight through.  I started vacation yesterday because I decided I was taking it all this year.  Stayed up till after midnight, and slept on and off until 1:30 this afternoon.  Ran about 3:30 this afternoon without any fear of black ice.  It was awesome!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Humpy's marathon! My third marathon and first BQ race! Smile  And oddly enough, there was no free beer at the finish. I might do that race again this year.

evanflein

Wow, quiet day around here... I ran 7.3 hilly miles today. Felt SO good to get outside again, even with the temps around -14°. It's actually warmed up to -10° now and should be pretty nice for a run tomorrow. Not sure how far I'll go though. Won't even break 40 miles for the week I'm sure.

theyapper

On the road again...

That's cold, Erika.

I ran 5 easy today.  Longest and quickest paced run since last weekend's marathon.  It felt good.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It got up to high 30s here, and I ran with no head cover at all -- first time like that in a LONG time for me; usually I at least wear a hat, but all I had was my ski mask, and decided I didn't need it. We had company for first half of run, then DW threw a tempo into the middle and I hung on for that, so that was about my only speedwork for the week, I think,  but it felt pretty good.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Nice runs, all.  "warmed up to -10°", sheesh!  Smile

I had a fun MLR:

16.2 miles, 2:19:49, 8:37/mi, AHR 150 (73% MHR)

5@9:11(143), 6@8:41(149), 5.23@8:00(157)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy Camper

First 20-miler getting ready for GoSt.Louis this morning.  Ran with DD.  I should say ran 19 with DD then crashed in her  wake.  Very nice to have someone to  run them  with.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I managed 13 today, and am quite tired, and am about to go back for more soup.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.