Marathon Trainers

October 2012 (Read 211 times)

Cashmason

Those are some pretty consistent splits for your marathon Lou.

Those are some pretty consistent splits for your marathon Lou.

Thanks, Cash.  Yes I was very happy, and surprised.  I'd planned on 3:35, but I kept gaining time on it.  The early miles were significantly downhill, which I'd tried to hold back on.  The organizers suggested banking energy rather than banking time, which I tried to follow.  Guess it worked out ok.

And thanks, Erika, re: the grandchild.  He's such a cutie, and so tiny!  Harriet is still out there helping out, but I came back to get out of the way.  Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Congrats on the PR and BQ for both of you WRFB and PDR!!!!

Hi everyone else!!!

So, I ran a 5k on saturday and did 26:30 which was good enough for 3rd in AG. Then I ran marine corp marathon yesterday - I went a little too fast at the beginning. I went through the half in 2:05. Finished in 4:39... I left it all out on the course. I'm pretty excited to be sitting at that point. Leaving it all out there was a new and fun experience for me. I'd like to see where that leaves me if I were to actually have some base and solid training behind it. 

evanflein

Woohoo! Yay for you, Shannon! How was the weather for that marathon? I heard some people were concerned to the point of canceling, but I think their fears were a little premature. 

We had the nicest stretch of good conditions here... Temps in the mid-teens to low 20's (which is fine once you get used to it, and dress for it), and no new snow! So the main bikepaths got plowed early and stayed clear for a long time. I should have run yesterday (Sunday) but got busy with housework that really needed to be done (I mean... really), so skipped the run yesterday. Then this morning, we get up to almost 3" of snow and it's still coming down, albeit lightly now. So... I squandered a perfectly good run day, but that's ok, I still had over 20 miles for the week (still building back), and got a LOT of things done around the house that I've been putting off. So.... now it's on to re-learn the art of snow-running. Or getting the treadmill cleaned up and ready to go (make that an "and").

Cashmason

Hope all of you on the east coast are doing okay after Sandy.

evanflein

Yeah really, the pictures are frightening! I know WRFB and PDR are ok, they just got some wind and rain but nothing disastrous.

What a crummy running month for me! Pretty much toasted my 2,000 mile goal so now I find I have very little motivation to get out there in the cold and snow. And yes, we finally got snow, and I haven't done much for running in it. My treadmill is in the garage covered with dust, and I want to clean it up well before using it. So.... I haven't. Bleh.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats Lou - and I saw a cute baby on FB, so congrats on that as well as the marathon.

Congrats to Shannon on running a hard MCM. I thought the MCM weather was really good, from my point-of-view. I did it as a long training run, and it made me tired and sore, but I had a great time.

I don't think DC area got much hurricane damage -- anyway, pretty sure less than many feared.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Thanks, Shan and Perry.  

Yes, all is well here.  Some of our local friends are still without power though.  Sad

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com