Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/21 (Read 219 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wow, that sounds really quite frustrating E - good thing you've got the patience to work through that, cause I'm not sure I would (I might be a bitter ex-runner already).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Ok, Bugs, since you're not asking for advice, I'll bite my tongue Smile

I forgot to post yesterday's run: 8.2 miles, 1:09:55, 8:31/mi, AHR 155 (75% MHR)

Still slippery in many places by some dry pavement.  I used yaktrax which weigh me down.  Today I'll try without as there was more melting yesterday.  However it is 20° this morning so there will be some ice out there.

And today's run: 5.1 miles, 46:55, 9:10/mi, AHR 140 (68% MHR)

Some ice, but overall not too bad.  No yaktrax today.

So we almost hit a deer on the way home from work yesterday.  Luckily she was going almost parallel with us; luckily there was no oncoming traffic; luckily I saw her coming from the right.  We missed by maybe 6".

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cashmason

Lou,  glad that was an almost on the deer.   Bad for your vehicle, worse for the deer.

9 miles in 86 minutes last night on the treadmill, while g/f  taught water aerobics down in the pool.

Cashmason

Btw Lou,   love the pic  of PreDawn in the snow...   she is so cute.

Bugs,  its simple,  train in the summer, and race in the snow.....  wink.

Bugs

Last night Christmas Lights Fun Run was FUN. Had 20 people show up. Most hardcore runners, many I didn't know. Very cool.

I'm even more sore today.  All those squats seem to have really ticked off my hip flexors and running at all is making it worse. Folding and going for rest today and tomorrow, but going to foam roll like crazy. I know I'm getting an extra long for x-mas. (package is so very obvious)

Signing up for a half marathon in January. I lost the courage to do this race last year, was suppose to meet up with Nobby but got nervous driving to St. Paul. Found some people willing to drive so I'm game this year. I'm not afraid of running in bad conditions but can't handle driving in St. Paul. (Minneapolis is not as bad for me, closer and more residential.) So my new plan is just to get to that race and go from there.

Bugs

Btw Lou,   love the pic  of PreDawn in the snow...   she is so cute.

Well, I think so Smile

Ok, where is everyone?

10.1 miles, 1:23:09, 8:15/mi, AHR 161 (78% MHR)

I don't know why I'm struggling with these.  They should be my bread and butter runs.  I don't know if it's the cold (average was 17°) or something else.  I hope that goes away soon.

I wore a long sleeve, short sleeve and half-zip pullover, shorts, track pants, balaclava, neck gaiter, ear warmer, hat, two pair gloves.  Yes, I was overdressed and happy the track pants has pockets.  First off was the ear warmer.  Then balaclava came off my head.  Unzipped the half-zip.  Then later took off the gaiter and outer gloves.  By the end I wanted the outer gloves on, though.

Ok, now I'm shivering here in my sweaty shirt.  Need a hot shower...

Dave

I've been hiding.

And not running much although I did get a solid hour in on the treadmill on Monday.

Merry Christmas!  Happy Holidays everyone!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Holidays, everyone!  Merry Christmas to those of you so inclined Smile

Bugs

Ok, where is everyone?

10.1 miles, 1:23:09, 8:15/mi, AHR 161 (78% MHR)

I don't know why I'm struggling with these.  

That's a pretty good pace, was the MHR higher than you wanted? Are you running on snow? Running on snow is much harder than running on dry pavement.

Made it through the storm to Rugby ND and it is cold, open blowing snow here. (With wind about -15F) My legs feel less sore but I'm stll resting them as tomorrow I want them to feel even better. Between the P90X, TM runs, and running on snow it was just too much 'different exercise than normal' stressing out my legs. I'm determined to keep my attitude of not forcing training, not being afraid of rest attitude I used all summer and fall.

Dave,

How far are you from Chicago? I know a bunch of Mankato girls were running Chicago this year.  I just felt a little obligated to run the Mankato Marathon instead since best friend is an organizer. But honestly I'm not that obligated. Smile

Bugs

Dave

That's a pretty good pace, was the MHR higher than you wanted? Are you running on snow? Running on snow is much harder than running on dry pavement.

Made it through the storm to Rugby ND and it is cold, open blowing snow here. (With wind about -15F) My legs feel less sore but I'm stll resting them as tomorrow I want them to feel even better. Between the P90X, TM runs, and running on snow it was just too much 'different exercise than normal' stressing out my legs. I'm determined to keep my attitude of not forcing training, not being afraid of rest attitude I used all summer and fall.

Dave,

How far are you from Chicago? I know a bunch of Mankato girls were running Chicago this year.  I just felt a little obligated to run the Mankato Marathon instead since best friend is an organizer. But honestly I'm not that obligated. Smile

5 hours.  Would be a much better marathon for me than Fargo (for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that I'm going to have to take another trip overseas in March).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Yeah, Bugs - it felt harder than it should have felt, and I would have expected the HR to be more like 150-155 (which matches the feeling).  There wasn't much snow, mostly dry pavement (a little ice, though -- I did fall once)  -- maybe I'm just going through a lull.

Kimmie

Hey there

Merry Christmas you all!!!   I  have NOT run since last Friday which is WAY too long... the crazy snow storm and then ice... has kept me off the roads.  And I don't have a treadmill... and didn't go to the gym to use theirs.... some legitimate reasons, some excuses.... so tomorrow, even thought it's Christmas I WILL get out and run... after the kiddos have opened presents.

And, re: Fall marathon 2010-  If you guys pick Chicago, I'm in... not that you were wanting me to come run a marathon with you, but just sayin....

Have a great holiday everybody!!

We were thinking about doing Twin Cities in the fall.  There is a movement among the masters trying to get a bunch of folks there.

Chicago is a wonderful marathon, though.  I really enjoyed it -- fun running through all the neighborhoods of the city, and the crowds are 5 deep the whole way (at least that's how I remember it Smile )...  and flat!  Definitely a PR marathon potential.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sounds exciting with lots of spectators -- and hopefully you'll get some pretty riverfront and lakefront scenery. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.