evanflein  9.1 mi 1:15:34
    lilcat19 6.7 mi 1:10:29
    dgb2n  5.8 mi 55:00
    Kimmie  4.5 mi 44:35
    rockenmamaof5    
    Dutchie42 0 mi 0:00
    Murphy996  0 mi 0:00
    willamona 0 mi 0:00

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

10.1 hot, slow miles this morning and weight lifting for chest and shoulders tonight.  I will be in bed early.  ugh.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

First workout of mile training (I'm just joining in with a friend who laid out a plan of key workouts) tonight. 2x(8x300).Very tired afterward.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Thanks for starting, Paul.

Nice runs.  Perry can't wait to see your mile result.  Have you read Once a Runner?  Great book!

I took advantage of the cooler weather (61° is cooler?), and ran a bit faster this morning.  9.2 miles @ 8:20/mi.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Ran/walked for an hour last night. Need to get used to the heat. Not worried about pace or distance..it will come..but is largely irrelevant for my 24 hour training.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Heck, I feel cold in the morning if I'm in running clothes and it is below 70, now.

Bugs

It is 100F and 56mph wind here... but no flooding.

So glad I ran this morning

Hey see I actually kept up with my log this week. Trying to work on instrumentation in my life.

Bugs

Happy Camper

From the sweat fest last weekend.

10-miles this morning followed by core and legs at the gym this evening.

No that's not a livestrong band on the right wrist, it's for the free beer at the finish!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Pace you look really strong!

Team Blister is hawt.

6 miles at 5 this morning. Open water swim at 4:45 and a bike time trial at 6:30. The bike trials are every two weeks. I think you're suppose to bike in-between though. Sad

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Heh. If anyone asks, tell them you normally bike regularly, once every two weeks, but the time trials interfere with your normal biking time slot Smile

Bugs

How about, "I'm waiting to train till I can buy a three thousand dollar bike like you"

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That makes me want to watch the "You need to train" video again... dunno where it is...

Bugs

Oh I feel bad... My old RP has been hurt most of the year. Her last run was March 19th. It is something in her inside hip. It hurt for months just to put weight on the one leg. She went to our good old chiropractor and he thought stress fracture. She didn't want to spend the money on medical bills so she has not ran, only biked and walked some. She's tried a little running it still hurts. My advice was to go to the doctor. I'm afraid she should have been on crutches. But she apparently still doesn't want to spend the money. The real problem is she is our Team Captain for Ragnar. When it came time to sign up she was leary but I said even if you can run six miles, will run the rest. We just had another runner back off the team and now shes feeling like she should drop off too. I don't know what advice to offer her. She's really feeling bad.

Bugs

Bugs - Harriet had a hip SF and it was pretty serious.  She was on crutches for 6 weeks or so.  Actually she was lucky it was a compression SF (on top).  The bad ones are on the bottom of the hip as it can cause complications.  Now having said that it is a pretty rare event to get a hip SF but they only way they can figure it out for sure, I think, is MRI.

Anyway, ran 9.2 in 72°, with dew point 68° -- warm and humid conditions made my legs feel pretty heavy at times.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Hey Guys-

I haven't checked in  for awhile.

Ran a half marathon on Sunday in 2:07- slowest ever, but I haven't been running much lately, probably a bit too much weight lifting.  I still can't find a balance.  My legs are getting too muscular, too.  I never thought I would say that, but I prefer smaller legs- more running, less squats.  Smile

My RP ran her fastest time ever on Sunday and she was thrilled.  I just need to get back to regular running.   I will have to make summer plan.  Can't go early since DH goes to work and I have the kiddos.  I've been running once they get on the bus, if I'm not working that day.  Today at 8:30 it was 90 degrees.   Smile  Yay!   But I still got out there and it's better than the treadmill.

Looks like lots of people had good mileage weeks, in spite of the heat.    Love to hear about your tri training, Bugs.  Sorry to hear about your RP- wish I was closer and I'd run Ragner with you guys.

I peeked in the Masters group and saw how Erika did on her race... but I'll let her check in here and share.  Smile