Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/02 (Read 262 times)

Happy Camper

I quess it could be both trial and trail.  I running the Ozark Trail 100 tommorow.  Off work today and Monday.  I will be leaving around noon. 

6-miles this morning.  I'm feeling good!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

The twins were lucky enough to get the H1N1 and the seasonal flu shot last weekend. They were such troopers considering they were scared about just 1 shot let alone 2.  Sorry to hear they aren't doing the youngers ones Vix!

Hope to hear your ankle is feeling better Kimmie!!

Healing vibes to PDR"S knee! Knee stuff SUCKS!

COME ON MISSING PEEPS CHECK IN!!!!

I'll be cheering Amanda on this Sunday. Who knows if I can I just might run the last 10k with her.

Today is mid long run day. I'll be doing 12 hilly miles with my RP. I have a love/hate relationship with hills. 

I'm not really training for anything at the moment Kimmie. My plan is to do 2 quality (one of which WAS to be intervalls however my garmin is dead so that rules that out)  workouts a week and a bunch of easy miles (though hills are NOT every really easy lol) I figure I SHOULD have 6 weeks to get some type of speedworkouts in weather gets too bad. DH WAS talking about racing a 5k together however he screwed up his calf a few weeks ago (running his long run too fast) so I have a feeling my next race will be in December (1st of a 4 race series) and my next GOAL race will be in April Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I quess it could be both trial and trail.  I running the Ozark Trail 100 tommorow.  Off work today and Monday.  I will be leaving around noon. 

6-miles this morning.  I'm feeling good!

HOW did I miss this!!!! VERY COOL Pace!!!!! GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good luck, pace!

Pam - what do you mean about the garmin being dead?  Sometimes a soft or hard reset will fix.  soft reset is pressing power+lap at the same time -- I forget hard reset, but the soft usually works.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

somethings wrong with the battery. May just be dead could be something to do with the contacts. When it's on the cradle plugged in the wall and computer it will charge and turn off. Once you take it off the cradle it turns off and won't do a damn thing, even a soft reset *sigh*

Dh was using one time and when he came home it was flashing through all the different date fields I had on it and it wouldn't turn off. It just went psycho

garmin customer service is usually pretty good -- if you don't have time to mess with it on the phone try their web site.  they usually get back to you in a couple of days.  You'll either get a free new one or pay $65 -- at least that has been my experience.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Hope that race goes well, pace!

Sorry to hear about the Garmin, Pam.  I've had no trouble with mine and have had it for about a year now.  Hopefully the people @ garmin will take care of it for you.

An easy 3 miles this morning.  I've got 8 on the schedule tomorrow and then next week just 3 short runs before the race Saturday.  Did I mention that I'm getting shirts made for me and my family?  Here's mine:

FRONT:

BACK:

All 17 members of my family are getting a short-sleeve shirt (mine is on a long-sleeve cool max shirt) that has the big print on the front but with the words "We were there on Stephen's FORTIETH" since they aren't running.  They have no idea I've gotten them made and I'll give them out Friday night.  Should be pretty special and I can't wait.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

That is one awesome shirt, Paul.  Wish I could be there just to cheer.

Sorry for the not checking in thing.  Work went a little crazy.  I can message a link to a news site if people are curious.  Ugh...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ringmaster

Have a great race, Pace! I'll be thinking of ya!

Great shirts, Paul, I know your family will love them.

Easy 6 for me today. I was gonna run 10-14 tomorrow but I'm feeling really tired and I think I'll take the rest. 8 days out from my target half marathon, race will do me more good than piling on more miles.

Pam, your Garmin's doing exactly what mine was doing about four months ago. I sent it away to Garmin and they sent me back a refurbished one at no charge. (Well, first we tried rubber-banding it to the base to see if it just wasn't staying on the charger, but when that didn't work I had to deal with being Garmin-less for about ten days.) New one works like a champ. Hope you can figure it out soon!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                      Mile by Mile

Awesome shirts Paul.

Wow, good luck Pace. Look forward to hearing how that goes. Trail runs, ultras seem so awesome to me. Maybe some day.

3 miles outside today at lunch. 55 degrees. Gonna hit the 60s tomorrow. Cant beat that.

Should get some good easy running in this weekend. The in-laws are visiting, and that should free me up to get out for at least one decent run.

AWESOME Shirt Paul!

I'm TIRED!!  My RP decided to try a new route (one that she has always WONDERED what it would be like to run up instead of drive) and DAMN there were a couple LONG ASS HILLS! I had to walk a few times (probably was faster walking than running lol) This is a route that I want to do every other week for as long as I can up until Boston. It's got steep uphills and downhills. She miscalculated and instead of it being a 6 mile out and 6 mile back it was more like 4.25 each way so we ran around town to get the last few miles. Other than the time I was running up and up and up and thinking I was about to crest the hill only to find out that it was getting steeper instead it was very enjoyable. Not a run I'd do by myself cause I'd wimp out.  One thing I love about her is she is not afraid to come up with a challenging route!  I SHOULD be really sore tomorrow, we shall see.

Bugs

PACE GOOD LUCK!

Paul, very cool shirts. So excited for you.

Dave, I'm very curious.

Pam, 2nd on the garmins, I can't believe mine keeps working through all the use and abuse it has gotten.

Had an early morning and ran 10 miles at a 9:15 pace, felt super easy. Suppose to be 60F this weekend and I plan to own those trails before the snow covers them.

Bugs

Bugs

Sorry for the not checking in thing.  Work went a little crazy.  I can message a link to a news site if people are curious.  Ugh...

I'm glad my co-workers don't have guns. I'd be SOL.

Bugs

Dave

I'm glad my co-workers don't have guns. I'd be SOL.

We don't carry weapons unless we're deployed (except for the MPs).  

If the soldiers down at Fort Hood had been armed, that idiot wouldn't have gotten 100 shots off  .

My media problem wasn't quite that well publicized.  I messaged you.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com