Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/31 (Read 238 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Totally! You rest up!!!! I think I'm the same way - I don't get sick but I don't necessarily feel 100%. It's like the body can keep it from going full fledged but can't get rid of it. I've been trying to be better about it all and really take care of myself - but I assume that is one of those luxuries I have that you may not...

awesomely awesome 5 miler! I'm enjoying the low humidity!

Hi everyone...

We are going to the hospital at 5 am in the morning for inducement. I will post again here or on facebook when I can. Think of us on your runs--I will always take some good karma and prayers.

Lost 3 pounds last week for the work contest. On my way to the cash prize!

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH MURPHY!!!!!
          This is so exciting, Murphy!  Best of luck for an easy delivery -- can't wait for the pictures!

5.1 miles, 45:27, 9:00/mi, AHR 138 (71% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Awesome, Murph!  We'll be looking for the updates.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Hey Murphy you lost three pounds and about to get a cute 7-9 more. Smile So excited for you.

Oh I need a kick in the butt. I stopped running. Woke up Saturday with calves in pain. I did Step Aerobics on Friday when I should have rested, and last few days I have felt yucky. But honestly we are remodeling our kitchen & family room and that was more fun.  Today I run though, where I stress over maple, knotty alder, or cherry wood.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

*kick*

Happy Camper

Congratulations Murph! 

Bugs: Awesome on the kitchen.  Hope the calves feel better.  Was it a pull or are they just tight?

Easy 6 this morning.  Went to the Chiro last night.  Two more runs and two more swims and I'll be ready for Monday!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

YAY  Murphy!!!!     I know you have to be so excited!!   It's making me remember when both my daughters were born.  I can't wait to see pictures!!   It's such an amazing time... enjoy every minute of it.  And good job on losing weight!

Erika and Shan-  I also don't usually get full blown sick.  It's almost annoying because you want to just get it over with instead of letting it linger.

Hey Pace-  What's Monday again?  Sorry that I don't remember... a big tri coming up?  Speaking of tris, something that I've thought about from time to time.  I may have mentioned this, but I saw a running friend on Saturday that I hadn't seen in almost a year. He had lost a ton of weight and he said it was because of starting to train for tris.  He also thinks the biking and swimming has made him a faster runner and has posted some huge running PRs.    But then I know this other guy who has always done triathlons and is now training for the Marine Corps and he thinks that the biking and swimming is making his running slower because he's too tired from all the extra training.   I guess everyone's different.

And Bugs,  I'll give you a kick in the pants if you give me one.  Smile    little slump here for me.... three days- no running.  Sad  Today, I will run.

YAYYYYYYYYYY MURPH!!!! Can't wait to see some pictures of the newest addition!!!!!Sending lots of "easy" labor vibes to your wife!!   WTG on the weight loss front as well!

I "rarely" get sick. Not saying I don't have other issue's I deal with, just that when the virus, colds, and flu is going around I'm the one nursing everyone back to health.

Sounds like you listened to your body Bugs however enough of that *KICK*  You gonna post pics when your kitchen is finished?

Kimmie *KICK*  (not that you asked for one) 

Hope to hear about some GREAT runs tomorrow!

I got in a little over 11 miles last night. I really was looking to do 12-14 however dh *decided* to get home late from work *sigh*.  It felt great and I was a bit pissed that I had to cut it short however I rolled my ankle around 8.5 miles cause the sun was down and I couldn't see the path in front of me too well.  I ended up turning around at mile 9 (which was only a couple miles away from car) in stead of continuing the loop. Just wasn't safe to be running out there in the dark with no headlamp or flashlight. So much for my speedwork I had planned for mile 10-14 lol. But if I had my headlamp I would of had some good running! Poor dh might have had to send a search party out for me cause it was a PERFECT night for running!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN at Heart of America on Monday!!  KICK SOME ASS BRYAN!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace I've heard HOA is one of the hardest courses out there... YOU WILL KICK BUTT!!! it should be a big party as it's the 50th anniversary. I know the RDs are very excited about it. Sorry i'll be missing it.

Kimmie - *kick*

Pam - it really was a great day/night for running... I didn't want to stop!!!!

it's a shame that we don't get much fall Shan! Hopefully the temps will be like this for awhile though I won't be surprised if we get some heat later in the month going into October like last year. It would really be nice to run Steamtown in the 50's & 60's instead of the 70's & 80''s!

theyapper

On the road again...

I got to run my 4 miles in 57F weather this morning.  Nice!!!

Sorry to hear about the calves, Bugs.  Hope they loosen up for you.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

I'm back at work today, but don't feel a whole lot better. I sure sound worse! Not sure how this day will progress. I brought my running stuff to work with me but not sure when/if I'll go. I wanted to run 8-9 today, and running home from work would be about perfect and DH has my car today so... we'll see.

Hope Bugs and Kimmie made it out for a run. Taking a break is always nice and a good thing to do, but know when to get back out there.

Bugs, I'd pick cherry. (we did cherry cabinets with a natural finish and it's absolutely gorgeous, slowly darkening over time)

Eagerly awaiting baby news from Murphy!!