Marathon Trainers

1/14-4/20 (Read 225 times)

Dave

Great job, Pace. 95 minutes at LT is a pretty brutal work out Black eye Best wishes to Erika in Boston. You're going to do great!! Bugs, great to see you running healthy again. Welcome, Higa. Still healing. Feeling better but don't want to risk a run and reinjury. May try sometime this week. Hoping to get going again for my HM in mid May. Otherwise, I'm going to DNS and let a buddy run on my number.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

96 minutes of TI swim drills with the tri club. I am sure there is relevance to marathon training in there somewhere.
      Cashmason

Congrats on the Du Pace! Ya we think of a sprint race, like you think of a 5k. Its all out go go go from the start. The second run usually hurts, like the last half mile of a 5k.

Bugs

P2R, sounds like fun though! Good work. Todays' Race Goal under 25:00. Weather was 44F with fog, cool brease. A pants or running short delimma, I went with nike shorts, the obvious choice now. Ran with a solid effort, but not wanting to die either. My mantras: "You going to let a bunch of college kids that were out drinking pass you? Hell no." "You're Deena Kastors in the olympic trails and in fourth, get your butt moving". "You did 80% of the work, are you going to quit during the last 20%". Nice kick the last .3 miles for a finish time of 24:48, avp 7:59 (under 8 thank you). Was a very small race, no a.g. awards or any of that stuff. Am happy with time, even it's still kind of slow for me. My running legs are coming back, my feet want to move as before legs felt dead all the time. Just need more training.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

BUGS - YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! You truly are a testament to perseverance!!! You did a great job with a great finish! Any thoughts on the dead legs - maybe not enough recovery lately? not enough protein? just chalking it up to getting back into the mileage? Pace - GREAT JOB!!!!!!!

Bugs

Shan, I had so many bad symptoms before the E.R. trip, no one deserves to feel like that. I'm just doing what my doc says to do. I have added extra potassium, salt, and low dosage of lexapro. I suspect my blood pressure has been dipping low for months, all would have an affect on it. I sometimes have GI problems with running and who knows what kind of essential vitamins I lost on those runs. All though my blood tests everything looked pretty good. On top of everything else think I have had TMJ the last six weeks. If I'm right that's it's TMJ, that's probably causing the headaches. I'm loosing my patience with that deal. I should try just eating soft food for a couple of days, but yuck.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - you really have been through a great deal! I am really glad you have a doctor who is helping you in realistic ways and not just telling you to become a sedentary bum! I bet issues with vitamins and dipping BP does not help your head ache's either. And TMJ - oy how painful! Hey my chiro does this thing with that... I've never experienced it because it looked painful... it involves a glove... i don't really know what it is, but wonder if your chiro does it too. And you could always turn to a juicer! Roll eyes but probably wouldn't be that great after oh say 1 meal!!! I bet you are soo tired of dealing with all of this, I wish I had some help to offer (other than the juicer hehe). Ok re-reading it's really random, but i'm pretty spent so hopefully it's not too bad! I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that in a week or two your levels (vitamins and anyother levels you are working on fixing) will be at a good level and have been there long enough that your body can start to feel better!!

Bugs

Shan, Honestly I ponder how I could be so broken. I had pressure in my ears, turned to a headache in my temples and moved to my jaw. For now I'm trying to wear my retainer. I was thinking of asking chiropractor too. I suppose I could eat celery juice, yuck. How about strawberry malts, now that sounds better. I wonder how nervous Erika is. The buzz at Boston sounds amazing. I am a HUGE Deena fan..she rocked today. She's going to kick Paula's butt.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - my chiro SWEARS that sinus pressure is due to an alignment issue and that is where "the glove" comes in... In between cringes it seems like he literally pops the jaw from the inside of your mouth (I could be totally wrong because he didn't do it to me I was just watching in horror!) and I know that when my sinus pressure is high my neck/jaw starts to hurt so maybe that's what yours is too. My aunt makes all this juice and she practically throws in the kitchen sink... you could puree chicken with mashed potatoes and vegetables...mmmmm dinner shake! eeewww I tried to make it appetizing, but it just doesn't sound so good! OHHH I am excited for Erica! I hope she's been able to sleep!!!