Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/18-2/24 (Read 213 times)

Cashmason

Joke of the day Afraid of the dark at bedtime? Listen - when the lights go out there's only gonna be you and the Boogeyman and you can bet yer a$$ he's training right now!! -
    Cashmason

Great Pics Shannon! Looks like a lovely wedding.

Dave

Very cool pics, Shannon. You guys look great and I'm sure you'll look back on that day fondly as the years pass together.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Inertia, Always exciting signing up for a marathon. You will do great. Are you running just 4 days a week? Cash, Ah, I don't get it. Confused Erika, Great run. Shannon, Lovely wedding. You and your DH are so cute, you look alike, a perfect match. Make sure DH keeps helping you with all that XTing. Wink

Bugs

Happy Camper

Unexpected snow last night. Got up this morning, ground was coverd and the trees were loaded down. It made the trail running perfect! The new shoes and the tech-socks were dry when in snow. The shoes shed water quickly after the one creek crossing I did and the socks kept my feet warm after the ankle deep soaking. It was a 32F without wind so it was just perfect. The trails are mostly 2-3 miles long so when I did lose track of where I was or jumped trails, I was able to keep running and figure it out in relation to the parking area. I did 10.28 miles and managed a 10:31 average pace. HRM said it was an easy workout but my legs really felt it. It was tough with the snow to pick it back up after having to slow down for slick areas, rocks and roots. The snow was nice pack over the soft ground but hid most of the rougher footing. I need to get more in because the 50-miler is on similar trail. Shannon: Awesome pictures!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace - that sounds lovely! Bugs - he is always very encouraging in all things "extra-curricular" hehe Gym today. Did legs and some of them made my knee shake - weird... No pain though so i'm thinking there is some imbalances and weaknesses in my upper legs. Didn't get on the treadmill though... i finished my routine 5 minutes after DH so i bagged the TM. Plus my legs are were pretty tired and i figured better not push it.

Bugs

P2R, Wow, what a great attitude. I am afraid of slipping on snow, and you say it made a great run. What kind of new shoes did you get? Shannon, Hope you get your MRI results soon. 12 miles in 1:49, AP 9:09. Dropped my DS2 off at a birthday party and friend was there doing the same, and turns out were both going to go run. So we ran together with one other girl for 5+ milesl. Boy was that fun. Ran down some new streets, I'm scared to run on the streets but it was great. Great weather. Oh I hope they invite me to run with them again. They have been running their runs faster than me, but I've been doing more hills, and biking. We hit the hills and I just keep cruising. This is not normal for me, too bad my HM is all flat.

Bugs