Marathon Trainers

Week of 9/21 (Read 227 times)

Little recovery run...

3.2 miles, 29:30, 9:22/mi, AHR 124 (64% MHR)

Nothing like starting the week with a baby picture, huh?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

awwwwwwww the picture of contentment!! Such a cutie Lou!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Lou!   How sweet!   I love it!

I had a blast camping... ran some, but no long runs.   There just isn't enough real estate there unless you go off trail and I didn't want to do that by myself.  

So, I will hopefully be getting in some decent miles this week.

Great job Erika!  So glad to hear your race went well.

Glad you had a good time away, Paul.

There's some good running going on in here... tough to keep up with everyone.  I enjoyed being totally unplugged this weekend, though.   No cell signal- nothing.

And Bugs, I did see your post about the $5.00 a visit Boot Camp.  We're supposed to start in 2 weeks so we need to get it planned.  I like that idea.  I'll see what my friend thinks.

Decided on two races coming up-  there's a half marathon/full marathon on October 3rd in WV.  I'll be running the half.  And there's a 20 miler on October 10th, in Spotsylvania, Va.   Don't know how far that is for you, Perry.  Smile

Hopefully, that won't be too close to Marine Corps, which is the 25th.  I think it should be OK.

Happy to be able to get a run in and get caught up on housework.

Have a good one all!

theyapper

On the road again...

6 recovery miles for me this morning.  Looks like tomorrow's 8 miler should put me over 1000 miles for the year.  Wow.

That picture made me smile!  Thanks, Lou.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Glad you had fun camping Kimmie!!

Very cool Paul!

I had a nice 9 miler this morning. I really am loven this great weather. Must mean another 80+ degree race day at Steamtown again *sigh* though I really hope not.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

Hey Kimmie! Nice to do those "unplugged" weekends every now and then. I think it would kill my kids though.

I did get my time fixed! Official time is now 5:09:36.1! I really like seeing that sub-5:10 there. Heh. I knew that other time didn't make sense, and the timing director agreed.

Not sure what I'll do today... would probably be smart to do another trip to the pool, but since I'm not known for being real smart about this stuff, I might try an easy recovery run today. Feel a little achy today, partly from the race and partly from the garden work yesterday afternoon. Makes me very glad I put it off till AFTER the race!

ETA: 1.4 mile recovery run on the TM at lunch. Wanted to do 2, barely got as far as I did. My right foot and AT (?) were very twingey and I decided not to push it. Finished with a .3 mile walk and 20 minutes of core/ab/stretch stuff.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Thanks Kimmie, but, Baltimore mara that day Smile

PS: Awww, what a cutie...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Good morning!

7.1 miles, 57:06, 8:01/mi, AHR 156 (80% MHR)

including 8x20s striders

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

It's Tuesday - hope everyone has a great day.

8 easy miles for me this morning put me over 1000 miles for the year and 1600 since I started running.  Cool milestones.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

that IS cool, Paul... good job!  Smile  I love seeing it go over 1000.  I hope to hit 1500 this year.

Ran 4 easy this morning.   I am thinking about doing a double tonight b/c I miss running with my group.   My ankle/calf is bugging me though.  I've been ignoring it, but I better see if I can get in to see the doc.

If I go tonight, I want to try to warmup and then run 6 miles tempo.  I seem to only be able to do this with a group.... need that extra push.

CONGRATS on the milestone Paul!

Nice run Lou!!

Have fun and enjoy Kimmie!! I'd love to do some group runs *sigh*

Had hormone issue's last night which made me very grumpy. Went for a 5.5 mile walk before bed instead of eating dinner. Probably not that smart. Anyway woke up with not much energy however I still had a great run. Got 9 miles in. My weight is also back down to close to lowest it's been in the past 4 years and I'm in the middle of TOM . Not sure what to think cause I've been feeling too good for it to mean that I'm not eating enough. Anyway off to do some errands.

MTA: had a KICK ASS workout yesterday as well. Did legs as well since it looks like I won't get much hills in until AFTER my mary in October

evanflein

Here's the link to my race report if you guys wanna mosey on over to the Master's forum for a read.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/Post/f8605ec9059c45098370cfdc8db79fc3#focus

Ringmaster

Well, thanks for the encouragement to pursue it w/ the shoe company--you'll never believe it but the woman who lives in that apt now actually tracked me down and I picked up my new shoes last night. Went out for 6 in them this am and am hoping new shoes will get me out of my funk!

Great to hear everyone else is running well--still can't believe your great time, Erika! Glad you got it established officially, correctly!

Cute, sleeping, baby--nuttin' better.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                            Mile by Mile

Kimmie

wow Erika!!!  Thanks for the report.

How awesome that you were able to run so strong on such a tough course.   Being able to train on the course must have been such a huge help.  I think I have to get me one of those trash cans to soak in.

Dave

Beautiful pic, Lou.

Congrats on your 1000 miles so far this year, Paul.  That's a huge milestone.

3 treadmill miles for me after so many weeks without much running.  I'm running a half in two weeks and have lost a lot of fitness. 

Guess I get it back one step at a time.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com