Marathon Trainers

Week of 9/21 (Read 227 times)

evanflein

Hey Kimmie, the fun thing about the trash can is you can take it places! In 2007 DH filled it up with ice water and brought it to the Equinox finish line. I had first dibs on it but others came by for a soak as well. He's brought it to the finish of the Gold Discovery Run also, and it's soooo nice to soak after that hard downhill run. Here's how it looks in the back of the truck (funny, the weather looks like it did this year!)

theyapper

On the road again...

^^^ That is a great pic!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

^^^ That is a great pic!

+1

And you sure don't look like you just finished a marathon -- aside from the fact that you're STANDING IN A GARBAGE CAN FULL OF ICE WATER Smile

I usually bring a keg of beer on the back of my truck, but that's just me.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Lou, note the blue cooler in the lower left corner of the photo... The beer's in there!
          Kimmie

love it, Erika.

Actually makes me legs ache looking at it.  I don't think my DH would ever be OK with bringing me a bucket of ice to soak in... he is supportive of my running , but he also thinks it's crazy.  If he saw something like that, he would say, see running damages you-  if you have to soak in ice, etc.,...

Ran with my group last night-   so awesome.  Did a couple of warmup miles and then a few in the low 8s and then cool down.   Felt like a race, effort wise.   Was great to sleep so hard last night.

Haven't decided what I'm running today-  need to go see doc and make sure the ankle/calf is nothing.  Might be good to rest.

Have a good one all.

Hope you're ankle/calf gets a clean bill of health, kimmie

Dave - you'll get it back.

Warm and humid here, but at 60°, 87% it wasn't really too bad.  Actually felt more humid than what came up on sporttracks (based on nearby wunderground stations)

8.1 miles, 1:06:55, 8:13/mi, AHR 156 (80% MHR)

Hail to The Victors!

Beautiful pic, Lou.

Congrats on your 1000 miles so far this year, Paul.  That's a huge milestone.

3 treadmill miles for me after so many weeks without much running.  I'm running a half in two weeks and have lost a lot of fitness. 

Guess I get it back one step at a time.

Howdy all, been a long time gone.  Lots of trips plus funky knee/hammy plus cold has really kept me down.  Starting to really rebound from the cold, though, so I'm slowly back at it. Don't think I've lost TOO much, but I don't know.  5 days in the last month isn't a heck of a lot of running.  Can't wait to catch up here!

So you are running Brooksie Way Dave?  I haven't signed up yet, I'm planning on it this week...

Dave

Yes.  Brooksie Way.  Goes right past my neighborhood.  Rvelich is coming up Saturday night and staying.  You're welcome too.

3.5 mile progression run on the treadmill at work.  One mile warm up, then 1/4 miles progressively faster from 6.9 on the treadmill up to 8.1.  1/2 mile cooldown.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Sounds like there are some ankle tweaks going on.  I hope everyone recovers quickly form that.

I switched my rest day and ran this morning instead of yesterday.  It was a busy day and I didn't feel that great anyway, so it was a pretty easy decision.

5 easy miles today.  Run well, everyone!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Ringmaster

I love the ice garbage can! But yes, you should have seen my husband's face at the end of the marathon--my first--as I was shaking from running for hours in a driving rain--I knew he thought I was crazy, and probably endangering my very life as I run alone in the predawn darkness--but for the first time I think he thought I was actually putting my health at stake. Nothing a little hot chocolate didn't settle right down. Next time, the big ice bucket.

Slowly working back into a rhythm. For me it's not the ankles but the knees. Here's hoping we all are wise and back in good health soon!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                      Mile by Mile

Kimmie

Good morning you all.... went to see the doc... calf and ankle just slightly strained... no biggie.  But I don't seem to be able to run hills like I used to... that seems to aggravate it-   little bit of a problem as everywhere around here has some hills.  So, we'll see.  I go back tomorrow.

Didn't run yesterday to completely rest the ankle.   Just got back from a walk/run with ladies in the neighborhood.  My friend started this group and I thought it would be a great warmup to a longer continuous run for me, but I decided to keep it at 4.5 miles and run tonight with the group at the track.   still figuring out job issues.... apparently it takes forever to determine if I'm a criminal and will potentially harm the kids.  Smile   I guess it's good to be thorough but it's been 4 weeks.

And I'm starting that boot camp in a couple of weeks.  I really hope I don't injure myself.    

evanflein

Yeah, take it easy there, Kimmie. And yes hills can aggravate ankles/calves and AT so be careful.

I went out for a run yesterday at lunchtime, and besides freezing my hands because I forgot my gloves, it went pretty well. Legs feel pretty good, foot is still a little tender but better. So... a few days after my monster ultra I'm thinking I'm no worse for wear than a regular marathon. That's cool. So today I'll go out for another 5 or so, easy stuff, as long as it's not raining. I won't go out in the rain if I have to sit at my desk the rest of the afternoon. That drowned rat look isn't my best.

Hi Jeremy! It's been awhile...

evanflein

Helloooooo! <echo, echo, echo...>

Anybody home?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

E: Congrats on recovering so quickly from quite a long race.

I forgot to run today before twilight, so went out and ran in the dark. Kinda fun. Wouldn't choose to do it all the time.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Ah, running in the dark is my lot in life, from September to April.

I hope everyone's tweaks don't turn into anything too bad.

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, I see, but it was a full rest day.  I'll be running 5 in a bit, and updating this post with the metrics.

(as promised) 5.1 miles, 46:19, 9:06/mi, AHR 136 (70% MHR)