Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/10 (Read 277 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I did get a chance to read Shan's report - sounds like a beautiful place.  Nice portrait, too!  I haven't had a chance to read Pam's yet, though.

All in all, we've really had good weather so far this summer.  So I shouldn't complain about a couple of warmer days.  Today was 73°, 86% humidity.  Not sure why it felt warmer than that, but it did. 

8.1 miles, 1:07:25, 8:17/mi, AHR 160 (82% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

It's warm here, too, Lou.  72F and 100% humidity @ 5:30 am.  Still got in 7.1 miles, though.  Sweated every last step, too.

Any news on the baby front?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

Glad I make Jelly feel guilty. She should write more details!!  and pictures!

Ok I did well with pictures from Grizzly! The issue with Drake Well is that i have no pictures. And I can't give you more details because I don't remember any... otherwise you would have had them!!

Kimmie

oh my goodness.  I just read Pam's report.... unbelievable.  I guess I won't complain on my next long run.

Pam-  hope you're resting.

I agree with Lou that our summer has been nice and it's just now getting hot-  So,  I figured if I'm going to be hot anyway, might as well run with my group tonight.  Hopefully, a little bit of a tempo run.

Dave- haven't heard from you... adjusting to your job and getting the running in?  I'm here to give you a friendly nudge.  Smile

Hope to hear baby news soon Lou!!

Sorry about your race Erika but CONGRATS on the hardware! Races like that really make the better one's that much sweeter!

Great pictures Bryan! Where are/were you? Looked like fun was being had!

How's the fishing trip bugs? Glad to see you getting some runs in!

Ready for summer to end Kimmie? I know I am!

Thanks Perry for linking my race and just THANKS!

Shann, that you don't remember any more is NOT working for me lol 

Cold is KICKING MY BUTT! It's moved into my chest *sigh*  Body isn't doing too bad. Dh made a comment to me last night. He said it takes us mere mortals a marathon to shuffle like that and it took 100 miles for you lol. Good thing he isn't home cause I'm not shuffling all that much now. Weird how the one thing that will stop me from running today is my cold.  Probably a good thing I'm sick though. I'm sure my body needs more recovery time than I would give it if I was feeling up to par.

Hope everyone's week is going well and that you all are getting some good running in!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Yes hope your getting some running done and doing well Dave!! Check in if you can find the time!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

oh my goodness.  I just read Pam's report.... unbelievable.  I guess I won't complain on my next long run.

Pam-  hope you're resting.

I agree with Lou that our summer has been nice and it's just now getting hot-  So,  I figured if I'm going to be hot anyway, might as well run with my group tonight.  Hopefully, a little bit of a tempo run.

Dave- haven't heard from you... adjusting to your job and getting the running in?  I'm here to give you a friendly nudge.  Smile

I'm resting. Twins slept in so I kept them home from camp. Today's going to be a lazy day!

Yep been a pretty nice summer I have to agree and thankfully it hasn't been TOO hot like it normally is.

OMG Kimmie you can't imagine what goes on after a certain point. I won't say I'll never do one again however I don't have the inclination to do one anytime soon. I think I'll stick to marathons

It's warm here, too, Lou.  72F and 100% humidity @ 5:30 am.  Still got in 7.1 miles, though.  Sweated every last step, too.

Any news on the baby front?

Way to get your run in despite the humidity!

Bugs

Ok I did well with pictures from Grizzly! The issue with Drake Well is that i have no pictures. And I can't give you more details because I don't remember any... otherwise you would have had them!!

Jelly, do you ever run with a small digital camera? I've seen some manics do that, would love one of those.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Jelly, do you ever run with a small digital camera? I've seen some manics do that, would love one of those.

I did for the trail races in California because I knew I'd be very slow. So normally I don't because I don't want to add to my time. But you are right it is realyl fun when you are just out there to finish the race and party.

Hey where is everyone?????????

I'm finding that even though I feel like crap first thing in the morning that after a couple hours of hacking and coughing up stuff i'm feeling much better. BTW the stuff isn't green anymore lol (I know TMI). I posted that tomorrow might be the day on my FB status and right after doing that I started thinking maybe tonight. Um what's wrong with me?????? My brain tells me that's not smart but the runner that I am has a hard time listening. Anyway maybe one of you guys can go out and run some miles fo me k! I had told dh I wanted to get out for a walk tonight and I KNOW I'm better off keeping it that way just need some PATIENCE VIBES sent my way PLEASE!

evanflein

Hang in there, Pam. Hope you're feeling better soon. I'll probably have to read your RR when I get home but at least now I know where it is.

Lou... is it baby yet??

Jelly, when I was running Seattle, maniac #3 took my picture with his iPhone and posted it right there from the course! Amazing how that can be done now...

I'm in Kenai, and spotty internet access at best. Now I'm in the parking lot of the Kenai visitor's center with free access. DS2 won first game, second game starts in an hour. He got the first goal of yesterday's game for his team, tying the score 1-1. Then he passed the ball to a teammate who scored the second (winning) goal with just 5 minutes remaining. those games are hard on the parents as well as the players! Today's game should be a little less stressful, as the team is not as good as yesterday's opponent. But... never assume anything, right?

I'm reshuffling my weekly schedule to try to get all my miles in. It's hard because this is another peak week, and not sure when I'll fit in my 20 miler. Maybe Thursday when the team has a day off. Yesterday I ran 4.5 supposed-to-be-recovery miles, that ended up as 8:17 avg pace (oops). Today was Wednesday's run, and was a good mix of easy, tempo and hills. Ended up with 11 miles at 8:13 avg pace. Tomorrow will be 5 or so easy, then maybe 20 on Thursday, We'll see.

Have a great week, all. I may not be able to check in again for a few days. (weather is unbelievably gorgeous in Kenai!!)

Oh Mighty Wing

Pam - BE PATIENT!!!! go for a long walk... but BE PATIENT!!!!

Erika - isn't that fun!!!!!!! And enjoy Kenai!!!

Ran some easy easy easy miles today! 6 and change.

Lou... is it baby yet??

No, not yet.  Doctor says any time now.  I just hope it's soon as I can't miss a four day meeting with the customer next week at work.

Glad there's no smoke in Kenai!  Way to go, DS2 on the goal!

Pam - get better soon.  I usually run through upper respiratory problems, but I don't know if I would through a chestcold.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com