Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/10 (Read 277 times)

Kimmie

yes, Pam, be patient!!!  Smile   100 miles earns you quite a few days off.

tonight was one of the good ones.   Felt good enough to pick it up the last mile even in the heat.

9.1 miles, 1:24:39, 9:17/mi, AHR 146 (75% MHR)

Planned 11, but was totally tapped out.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Our A/C went out last night, so my 4 mile run outside in 70F was cooler than if I'd been inside, even with the 100% humidity.

I can't wait for fall...

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

wtg Erika's DS2 on the win & the goal! Enjoy Kenai Erika! Hope you get some good enjoyable running in.

Glad to hear you had a good run last night Kimmie!

Maybe today's the day Lou? What an exciting time for you and PDR!

Sorry to hear your ac went out Paul UGhhjhhhhhh.

Well patience has never been a strong suit of mine. I made sure NOT to wear running clothes for my walk however I ended up running by the end of the first mile all the way to the third mile. Had to call it at 3 due to sun going down. I was fine with that. I just didn't expect to be able to get back to running so quickly. Not sure how far I'll go to day but this time I'll have running clothes on!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Pam- feel better?

Debating about my long run this week... maybe you guys can help me.  We're going out of town this afternoon to Louisville, KY for a wedding.  It will be jam packed with family activities.  I could try to get my long run in this morning before we leave... or I could attempt to do the long run this weekend... hoping there's someplace to run where we're staying and that I have the discipline and ability to get up that early and go.

I'm also a little worried that a long run and then a long drive might not be good for this cold that I'm getting over.

So, not sure what to do-   The schedule says 16... last week was very little mileage due to being sick.   

I kind of know from experience that attempting to run long while on vacation doesn't always work.  And even though I'm 39, when my Mom is around and I go running, she paces until I get back and then wants to know why I can't just take a few days off.  sigh   Smile

I say go out and get in what you can before you leave. I know for me it's hard to get out for alot of running when I'm around family (so much going on). Listen to your body!  BTW for the most part I've never had issue's running with a cold. Good luck in whatever you choose. Just try not to worry too much about how many miles you get in! Enjoy this weekend!

As for me I'm slowly getting better. Everything is nice and loose in my chest which is good. I spend most of the day hacking stuff up and by the time Ken get's home I'm feeling great! I was feeling a bit tired this morning and had decided to do my run later this evening however I think I  may just go out after this post. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I kind of know from experience that attempting to run long while on vacation doesn't always work.  And even though I'm 39, when my Mom is around and I go running, she paces until I get back and then wants to know why I can't just take a few days off.  sigh   Smile

If you could find some way to express "Why can't you just take a day off of sticking your nose into my business" without it being rude -- well, then you'd be a genius more than most of us Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

thanks Pam and Perry.... I do love my Mom, sorry if that came out super negative.

Just got back from a quick 8 miler.  We'll see how much I can fit in this weekend.

Have a good one all!

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - that makes me think of the struggle I had with my parents when I started racing all over...

so all I want is ice cream... more specifically fudgesicles... maybe it's because I still don't have the ac on...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Awwww, fudgesicles, now I have a fudgesicle-craving.

Awwww, fudgesicles, now I have a fudgesicle-craving.

I'm craving good chinese take out mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Got in 2 miles of running this morning however about 1.5 miles in I started getting lightheaded and shakey. Stopped at 2 miles and walked the last mile. I ate before my run however when I wake up I feel like crap so I don't think I'm eating enough. That and I didn't eat that much since I ran last night. I've soooooooooo gotta work on getting my calories up enough without going crazy.

Oh Mighty Wing

oh lady!!! I know it's hard because it's warm and muggy but you have to eat!!!! replenish those stores and feed your healing muscles!!!

5 and change today! Felt very good!!

oh lady!!! I know it's hard because it's warm and muggy but you have to eat!!!! replenish those stores and feed your healing muscles!!!

5 and change today! Felt very good!!

I'm actually eating A LOT however it's clean so the calories don't end up adding up to much. Ken is on his way to pick up chinese food so I'm about to remedy that!

Did ya run in your new shoes and if so how'd they feel?

Oh Mighty Wing

i haven't. I'm gonna run in them tomorrow... didn't want to get them wet yet LOL
                              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Didn't get any fudgesicles. But did have chocolate cake, cheesecake, and ice cream. Oh, and a slow run with brother-in-law in the morning, and an interval workout with wife in the afternoon. So a good day.