Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/10 (Read 277 times)

Dave

Thanks for the nudge, Kim.

Congrats again on your 100, Pam.

Very strange week not involving much running.  OK, by not much I mean almost none.

Work has been keeping me very occupied with a quick trip to Indiana on Sunday night/Monday and then came in on Tuesday morning to get a whole mess of injections and blood work to prepare for an upcoming trip "overseas".

I've never been good with needles and by the 5th one, my body had enough and I passed out cold during a blood test.  Nothing like impressing your new team by fainting .  Took me out of commission pretty much the rest of the day.  Very strange feeling.  Very weak.  Didn't feel much like walking, let alone running.  

Finally did 3 miles walk/run with DW last night late.  Needless to say, I'm not exactly in "race shape" anymore.

Easy miles everyone.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Dave - hate to hear about the fainting.  I bet that did feel odd.  Things will adjust back to normal eventually, though, and you'll be running a lot more than me like usual, I'm sure.

Thursdays are rest days for me.  Well, at least from running.  I am slammed with work and therefore scarce in here.

Have a great day everyone.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Thanks Dave! Thanks for at least checking in!!! Sorry to hear your not running all that much right now and hope to hear it changes soon!

Well I decided to not run last night I'm doing my best to use my brains so that build my body up not break it down. Had chinese food last night though went for the "healthier" choices. Stayed up late with Ken (he had work to do) and when I did go to bed my sleep wasn't all that restfull since he ended up working until 3 am and I was up using the restroom every hour or so. Anyway I'm feeling sleepy this morning and can feel (I swear) the rebuilding going on in my legs so I'm taking the morning off and will look to run tonight. Whenever my legs feel this way I try not to run on them. They don't hurt just feel kind of weird. I'm still hoping to get back on track with my KICK MY HM/MARATHON PR TO THE CURB  training next week. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Enjoy your rest day Paul Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Rest day for me, too.

I only fainted once that I recall.  I was having a medical procedure called a mylogram where they inject some stuff into your back while taking pictures, and change the orientation of the table you're lying on so feet are low and head is high (rolling the stuff around I suppose).

I felt really horrible until I fainted and then I felt great when I woke up.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

quiet day today.

Got 4.5 mile run in. Knee started to talk a bit towards the end. Cut run at 4.5 and walked the last mile home. Knee didn't make a peep during the walk. Trying not to rush my recovery!

Dave

3 more miles with DW last night but more walk than run.  She really seems to be wanting to take on running now.  She's been doing doubles this week (not the smartest way to start, I know but most of it has been walking), 2 miles jogging in the morning and 3 miles of walk/run with me in the evenings.

I brought some running clothes to work today and my schedule doesn't look too bad.  Still trying to be optimistic.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Early 7 mile pace run this morning.  Actually almost 7.5 with the warm-up , and the longest pace run I've done.  Felt pretty decent.

Run well, people!

Paul

We stayed late at work last night -- didn't get out until about 7:30.  Then there was an accident on the way home -- there was one on the way to work, too -- pretty unusual.  Anyway, my schedule has 4, I'd wanted to do 10, but to get a little more sleep I compromised at 8.  Still feeling a little sluggish, but at 69°F and 95% humidity, I think it's the weather.

8.1 miles, 1:09:25, 8:31/mi, AHR 154 (79% MHR)

Hail to The Victors!

Nice to see you and your wife get out an back into running, Dave! 

Racing today, 10K up in Howell, MI.  Another evening race, which means some heat, probably, but I'm still looking forward to a good day of racing.  My legs are kind of flat, but that's never stopped me before. ;-)

theyapper

On the road again...

Hope your race went well, Jeremy.  I'm sure you ran well.

Tackled my longest run to date this morning - 14 miles - and lived to tell about it.  It was also the first time I've taken any gels during a run and had no problems with them.  The only thing that I didn't like was how tired my feet and ankles got by the end of the run.  Probably one of the last runs on the current pair of shoes, as this run put them over 450 miles.  New pair is already on the way!

Have a great week-end everyone!

Paul

Nice run, TY.  Good luck, Jeremy.  Nice to see your wife running, Dave.

There is a thing in Maryland to try to attract more women runners, Women's Distance Festival.  Today was a 5K, all women, so PDR and dawndaughter2 ran it, and I volunteered -- since I had my camera they asked me to take pictures, and take pictues I did.  I think I have about 150 I need to wade through.  Oh, PDR was 2nd in her age group, but she wasn't really happy about the time - 26:34, I think.  It was hot though.

After their race, I went for a 5 mile recovery run.  I'm not used to running so late.  I don't know how you afternoon and evening runners do it -- I just lose motivation if I don't run first thing.

5.3 miles, 49:05, 9:15/mi, AHR 151 (77% MHR)

CONGRATS on PRING" in the 10k despite the heat Jeremy!!!

Congrats on your longest run Paul!!

Ya know you should preempt your post Lou with NO THIS IS NOTGRAND BABY NEWS!  Anyway enjoy your weekend and hope to be hearing grandbaby news soon!

Got in a little over 4 miles last night. Legs are recovering MUCH faster than my cardiovascular . Legs wanna go faster however don't think my hearts ready too.

Family beach weekend was ruined thanks to the exchange servers  at dh's work . Grandparents will be picking the twins up today but Ken and I won't get out there until Friday *sigh*. This ALWAYS happens, probably the reason we haven't had a real family vacation in a few years.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Too bad I don't live in your area Jeremy -- you're running at nearly the speed I am, and this whole "go out fast and pick off runners all the way" sounds like fun -- I'd like to try to keep up for that strategy Smile

Did 16mi in fairly warm weather for DW's long run today. We stopped several times by a water fountain, but she forgot to bring any gel, and she was feeling hungry and out of energy and beat by about 12mi, so it was a fairly unhappy last 4mi for her -- but she finished it, and got practice running tired Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

OH Since I seem to be blind. CONGRATS to PDR for her AG award! Racing in  the heat is TOUGH!

Congrats to your wife (and you as well) on getting her long run don despite the heat! 

As for me I got close to 6 miles in this evening. Knee felt great. Cardiovascular system seems to be doing much better though still need to take it nice and slow for recovery. May or may not do a double tomorrow however I think doubles will start for sure come Monday. Twins are at grandparents until we bring them back next weekend and the week after all my running will be at night.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!