Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/28 (Read 256 times)

Bugs

Erika,

Bugs thinks it is a bug. Did same thing for me.

5 miles, 9:37 pace today. Yuck. The sidewalks suck, they are ice with some snow on them. Just no traction.

Bugs

Bugs

Here's one for you to laugh at--it was FREEZING today in South Florida--42 as I was running!  

My swimming and biking are BOTH lousy, so I think it's single-discipline events for me. I like the sound of your tri, though, Bugs! 

Vix, that is awesome conditions. Right now I'd trade our 9F for -15F if the sidewalks were clear. This snow/ice is a PITA.

I confess, I want a shirt that says Triathlon. And if someone asks me if I ever did a TRI I'm going to say "Yes" and then run away.

Bugs

Dave

So why doesn't my post above have paragraph breaks? It does in the "Design" window as I type... Sometimes I'm still not sure about these formatting changes Eric has done here...

I have the same problem but it is hit or miss.

The paragraph breaks work but I can't leave an empty line in between paragraphs.

MTA:  I tried to add them back in a couple of times on this post, even hitting the little paragraph button on the editing bar.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I end up going into html mode and putting in <br> where I want the spacing.  This seems to happen mostly after I quote someone.

Eric did agree that there's a bug with the package he's using for editing.  I thought it was only happening with Chrome (which I use), but I'm guessing it's happening with other browsers as well...

MTA: just bumped the technical support posting I made a while back http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/7b29fb23f82847efaa47b25143d56c15#focus

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

It doesn't seem to be processing the <p> tag properly.  Don't think I want to resort to HMTL mode  but I guess I may have to.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

It doesn't seem to be processing the <p> tag properly.  Don't think I want to resort to HMTL mode  but I guess I may have to.

On the technical thread which I just bumped, mikeymike indicated that bob hearn taught him to put a space on the empty paragraph, like I'm doing just below this.

And above this.  Now I don't have to go into html to get the vertical space!

Kimmie

Weird...

I don't even notice paragraph breaks.    Doesn't everyone enjoy my stream of consciousness writing???  Smile

I just saw that Bugs is organizing the virtual 5K for tomorrow again.   RSVP on FB.   I love this idea.  I ran so fast last year... a time that I've never even come close to in a "real"  5K.  I think it was 21:30 or something, which makes me think I was off on my watch or just lucky with the wind at my back.  It won't be fast at all this year, but I'm still doing it.

Great idea!

Hmm, can I use the 3 mile tempo from today's run, plus 10% of the following mile?  It was supposed to be 5 miles of tempo but I got lazy -- not sure why.  I finished up at a decent pace for the 5 mile cool down too, so I'm a little disappointed with myself.

10.1 miles, 1:21:15, 8:02/mi, AHR 162 (79% MHR)

2@8:33(150), 3@7:26(169), 5.11@8:11(160)

Ringmaster

LOL I knew you guys would think of 40s as warm. And definitely no snow!

Virtual 5k? Sounds like fun!

Lou, I've been lazy for weeks, so don't beat yourself up for shortening a tempo run. Just keep running!

I'm on firefox and paragraph breaks work perfectly. FYI.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                    Mile by Mile

Dave

Weird...

I don't even notice paragraph breaks.    Doesn't everyone enjoy my stream of consciousness writing???  Smile

I just saw that Bugs is organizing the virtual 5K for tomorrow again.   RSVP on FB.   I love this idea.  I ran so fast last year... a time that I've never even come close to in a "real"  5K.  I think it was 21:30 or something, which makes me think I was off on my watch or just lucky with the wind at my back.  It won't be fast at all this year, but I'm still doing it.

Great idea!

I believe I'm the reigning champion.  Not sure I have it in me this year.

What did I win again?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

I believe I'm the reigning champion.  Not sure I have it in me this year.

What did I win again?

You wouldn't let me send you anything. You like running Army hard, time to huff and puff.

Bugs

Cashmason

Bugs,

Your tri sounds awesome.  Its a great way to get introduced to the sport.    I am not the worlds best swimmer,  but have done it enough, so that if you have questions,  I might be able to answer some.

Like running, most people try to swim too fast, to get to the other side of the pool.  And just like running, they get out of breath and get tired fast.  

Look straight down at the bottom of the pool.  Do not look forward to see the end of the pool.   If you look forward just a little bit,  your head goes up and your hips go down.     Hips down = more of your body for the water to push against =  MUCH Harder to swim.

Most pools have lines on the bottom of the pool.  When you get near the end of the lane on each end, there is a tile line that goes across the long line.   We call that the  T.  It means you are within one or two strokes of end of the pool.

If your pool has little triangular flags hanging  in the air above the pool,  it means the same thing.  You are close to the end of the lane.

Most lanes have dividing lines with floating circles to hold up the rope lines.   If the circles change color, it means the lane is about to end.

Kimmie

My husband just reminded me that in addition to the wind being at my back, I also picked a point to point course on the WOD trail that was all downhill-  had him pick me up at the end.

What a goofball I am....

Dave, you won something last year?

oh, and for tomorrow's 5K- I recruited others to come along, but later realized that the weather is supposed to be bad... sleet and snow in the wee hours of the morning...  I'm still running, no matter what.

I'd considered doing 10 again at GA pace, but when I woke up I realized how tired my legs were, so opted for a recovery run.  Good thing as there's 2" of snow on the roads.

5.1 miles, 47:12, 9:20/mi, AHR 144 (70% MHR)

Dave

Dave, you won something last year?

I am the proud champion of the Innaugural Bugs Virtual 5K event.  Not sure what my time was by I ran like a crazy dude last year and had a good tail wind for most of it.

Couple of inches of fresh snow today.  Couple of things to do for work before the whole government takes the 1/2 day holiday.

Happy New Years everyone!

Bugs, does treadmill count for the race? 

dgb2n@yahoo.com