Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/28 (Read 256 times)

Kimmie

I think treadmill does count.

ok, so I recruited some people to run the 5K with me this morning, but EVERYBODY bailed because of the snow, except one person. who is a runner who sometimes walks.  So, I was thrilled that she came, we ran on the 2-3 inches of new snow- it was no big deal, easier than ice.  She needed to walk some, so of course, we did that.  I did NOT care.  I was so happy to be outside.    So, my 5K time was slow- 34 minutes or something.... again, happy to be out in the fresh air.   there is a local 5K this afternoon that I am considering if DH gets home in time and they don't cancel because of the weather.   I only made it to 1341 this year!!! Sad  I was holding out hope for the 1500, but this is further than I've ever run in a year.

I sill don't know how to wirelessly sync my Garmin.... I'm technologically challenged.  And I forgot to strap on the HR monitor.  I know Lou and all the data heads on here are dying.   I really hope that I don't just take a really expensive watch and not use all the bells and whistles.

Cash, great to see you posting more.  You're always so helpful.  I will try that the next time I swim.  Look down, not forward.

Thanks for the idea, Bugs.   Happy New Year everyone!!!

Vixi- I would say that the kids are to blame for fatigue and lack of motivation, but we all know that Pam has 5 kids.  Smile

And I KNOW that that is cold for Florida.  Smile  My sister was wearing a scarf and winter coat in the 40 degree temps.  It's funny what we get used to... I was FREEZING my first year up here.

Speaking of Pam, you feeling better?

OK, who else is running today?   I hope you don't hold my slow time against me.  

Be safe everyone!!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

There's a 4mi race somewhere in NoVA this evening, but couldn't talk DW into it. But to my shock she agreed to go to a 50K (completely informal) run in the morning. Also in NoVA, so early wakeup for us. Maybe I'll time the last 5K of it and post it to Bugs virtual 5K site Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

There's a 4mi race somewhere in NoVA this evening, but couldn't talk DW into it. But to my shock she agreed to go to a 50K (completely informal) run in the morning. Also in NoVA, so early wakeup for us. Maybe I'll time the last 5K of it and post it to Bugs virtual 5K site Smile

Nice to see you and the Missus are starting the year off on a good note.  Trying to lead the swamp for at least one day I'm guessing.

Idiot 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Uh, Perry.  Does she have any idea how far 50K is???

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The 50K is in 9mi loops, so she wouldn't have done all the loops. But they've got more registrants than they expected. They asked me to park at a different lot, as they've already closed their RSVP list and got more people than they told the rangers. So we're going to just go run at a local park instead, and do repeats of a tough (hilly) fireroad. So I'll have to run alone after a while, which means I'll probably fail to complete 50K, but it's a new year; there's always hope.

Of course, we'll miss the chance to wake up horribly early and drive two hours to Virginia, but somehow we'll survive without that experience in the morning Smile

And even if I fail at the distance, I can still remember to measure and ran a 5K at the end.

Dave

25:22 for my 5K.  OK, I suppose I could've warmed up and actually ran hard the first mile but with the snow and ice I'm just glad I got out there.

Thanks, Bugs!

I'd like to wish the whole Blister crew a very happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year.  I've been privileged to share in your virtual (and sometimes real) lives in 2009.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

One other thought on swimming.  

Remember to breathe out.... underwater.   I have to blow out air both through the nose and mouth underwater to get all the air out.

There is not enough time to breathe out and air in when you turn your head to the side.

If you dont blow air out underwater,  you can't breathe out and also get enough air in when you turn your head to breathe.

No one ever forgets to breathe in.  Most people forget to breathe out.... they hold their breath underwater, and try and do both when their head is in air.   Doesnt work and they get breathless within a few laps.

2 miles yesterday on the treadmill after teaching spin.

Happy New Year , everyone!! Didnt get out for the Bugs 5k. But got a call at about 8pm tonight to do a 5 mile trail run tomorrow. Will be a good way to start the New Year.
                    PDR's dad passed away peacefully last night.  He was 92, so this was not unexpected.  He was surrounded by his family.

So my heart just wasn't in today's run, 8.1 miles, 1:07:46, 8:22/mi, AHR 154 (75% MHR)

As PDR said, "It has been an honor, brave sailor"

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Condolences Lou & PDH.

Off to run - we really slept in - the big group 50K was kind of oversubscribed (and they were a bit worried to have so many more ppl than they told the rangers), so we'll just run nearby.

Kimmie

Our sympathy to you and PDR, Lou.

Dave

So sorry to hear that, Lou.  My condolences to you and PDR.

More snow here today (seems to be a theme).  Just under 5 miles to start off the year.  

Since it is New Year's after all, here are last years totals.  I was a few hundred miles less than last year and finished up the year in a whole lot worse shape than I started it.  

The slate starts fresh today.  

AmoresPerros 3338.1 Mi 19d 13hr
                          rockenmamof5 3047.4 Mi 20d 3hr
                          dcv2002 2810.9 Mi 15d 9hr
                          pace2race  2675.2 Mi 18d 22hr
                          jhallum 2644 Mi 15d 1hr
                          willamona 2310.5 Mi 19d 19hr
                          WillRunForBeer 2202.5 Mi 13d 7hr
                          evanflein  1873.1 Mi 11d 7hr
                          CaraH 1705.3 Mi 12d 1hr
                          Mr Inertia  1627.4 Mi 10d 13hr
                          VixiDu 1589.6 Mi 10d 16hr
                          Bugs 1554.5 Mi 10d 4hr
                          Kimmie 1342.4 Mi 8d 8hr
                          theyapper66 1260.4 Mi 9d 23hr
                          HuskerB 1131.9 Mi 9d 18hr
                          dgb2n  1047 Mi 6d 9hr
                          Dutchie42 981.2 Mi 7d 14hr
                          Cashmason  744 Mi 4d 22hr
                          lilcat19 526.9 Mi 3d 6hr
                          Murphy996  228.3 Mi 1d 18hr

dgb2n@yahoo.com

My goodness, Perry and Pam!  You guys are animals!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

But the 50K was oversubscribed, so we lazed about and slept in this morning, which was nice, and then ran a bit at a local park. I had some silly aspiration of doing 50K there, but didn't come anywhere remotely close.

evanflein

Happy New Year, everyone.

So sorry about PDR's dad, Lou.

No run for me today. I ran three days in a row, and that's about it for me. Nice 5k time for Dave, who won this year?