Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/18 (Read 333 times)

oooops he did it again lol Anyway feeling good. Looking to get out this afternoon for a recovery run we shall see. Parents are coming this weekend so lots to do. HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

And the only person who can read a calendar is..... someone who just ran a marathon Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

So last week was nutso - even more so than normal. Work, family and church stuff were just plain crazy last week and came to a head last night finishing around 9:00. Then I totally had everything caught up on all fronts so when I was driving home it hit me. I'm racing on Saturday! As of 9:23 last night, I officially have pre race jitters. I usually get them even earlier but I've been too busy. Plus I'm actually trained farily well for this one and that sets my mind at ease too. But still! Jittery!
          MrI, you will do just fine. I will say you are a bit of an over-achiever on the pre-race jitters -- I usually wait until 2 days before.
          oooops he did it again lol
          Blush 3.2 miles, 28:13, 8:57/mi, AHR 131 (67% MHR) Yesterday's run was about 9 miles on fields with the local running club. We were supposed to run for 2 hours around a 1.3 mile circuit but there were walkers as well and I guess the walkers got bored so it was stopped after 1.5 hours. I'm not used to cross-country (if that's what you call it), so this was more effort than I expected. I'd planned 14 so I was a little disappointed it was called early, but since it was harder than expected not too disappointed Smile . This was for the Kidney Foundation, so it's all good.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

HI all. First of all. A BIG CONGRATS TO SHAN!!! Looks like a lot of good running. Keep it up! I've been busy getting the house ready for the baby. Got two rooms cleared out, and painted this weekend. Ordered baby furniture. Tonight I start to tackle the basement Sad Having foot issues. My right foot. Sometimes no pain at all, other times I can barely walk. Most noticealbly on steps--where my heel strikes first. Cant even pinpint the pain. Starts at the heal, and goed up the foot. At first I thought it was right down the middle, now it seems like it goes more alont the inner foot. Havent gone to the doc (1) because I hate docs, and (2) I was initially woriied it was a hairline fracture (doesnt seem sprained or twisted) and had too much to do to be told to keep off it. Didnt hurt after the marathon--but felt it more after the week in Vegas afterwards--a week of standing working a trade show and lots of walking. I am thinking about doing some swimming at the Y or something to try to get back in shape. I dont think I should run until I do see the doc or it miraculously gets all better.
              Looking forward to another great weekend for racing!!! Almost there MR.I ! Sorry to hear about your foot Paul hope you it's better ASAP! Sorry your run was cut short yesterday Lou! 4 mile recovery run DONE. Thought about going for a couple more miles but told myself this is supposed to be recovery. Anyway felt good to get the blood flowing. May go out for another run after dh gets home just depends on if I'm itching to get out or not.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Good Day everyone..... Pam, I thought of you during my run today- Shan too- I love that feeling of a great accomplishment in a marathon- and I think it fueled me on my run.... I decided to do pickups and it was just awesome.... I was running into a major headwind on the way back and I didn't even care... just gorgeous outside. crappy mood before I went- many reasons that you're probably not interested in- much better mood now. Hey Murphy- get better soon, OK? Sounds like the swimming will do you some good. Why do you hate doctors? Mr.I- and Jeremy- how you feeling? I see Jeremy is giving constant weather updates for Bayshore... I think the perfect marathon weather is high 40s,, low 50s, partly cloudy, no wind. I forgot what the last update said, but it looked pretty good. The unpredictable weather is one reason I don't want to run a marathon in my home state of Florida. I feel like I need to pick a Fall marathon soon so I can get some focus. I know we talked about Columbus... not sure if it's in the cards right now- I am considering Steamtown... and wondering if I could also do Richmond. I need it to be a race that I can drive to without too much trouble... so 6 hours away is kind of the max-
                AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ran beach today, for the first time in at least half a year if not more -- I enjoyed it. Nice strong headwind on the way back, so in case the plodding in the sand wasn't enough exercise, I had that working for me too Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked GREAT JOB PAM AND JELLYFISH!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

ugh I would just like to take this opportunity to call PAM out!!! SHE HAD A 10 MINUTE PR YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!! just wanted to point that out since she didn't... hope that's ok, but THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!
                      theyapper

On the road again...

PAM and SHAN...amazing! You guys had an incredible week-end. Took the week-end off so no long run Saturday. No reason other than the kids were gone and I got to spend the whole week-end with my wife. Fun! 4.5 today. Weather is really nice here in NC.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

I'm back and so out of it. Where are those pictures of Shan and Bugs crossing the finish line? I loved Shan's report. Truly amazing. Your before (the Monkey) and after (this weekend) pictures are amazing. You could be a poster girl for something... besides lunacy, I mean. Got back from Denver last night (this morning? 1:40 am) and I feel like road kill. But I went to work this morning like a good girl, and have been swamped ever since. We had an employee die on the job (I think she had a heart attack, but don't know) on Thursday. She was just 36. Dealt with her parents this morning... I used to work with her mom years ago. Very sad. So... my day hasn't been great so far. Went to PT this morning and she's happy with my progress. Says I can probably start running this week. I didn't tell her I'd already decided that... Woohoo to Murphy on the baby preparations!! When's the due date? Also, watch that foot, dude. From someone who has been dealing with foot issues for many months... Sounds like you might have Plantar Fasciitis? (can't spell it...) Oh yeah! Perry! ^5 on your race last week, what was that, Saturday? That's just awesome. What was your time?

Dave

Congrats again to our new BQ's. Happy tapers to Jeremy and MrI. I'm out of town this week and was a total running slug this weekend. Hopefully heading for a few this evening on the treadmill at the hotel. MTA: So sorry to hear about your co-worker, Erika. 36 is SO young. I hadn't read through everything when I posted earlier.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Mr.I- and Jeremy- how you feeling? -
                              Fast, fluid and relaxed. I did some cruise intervals this evening and my run felt like mercury flowing downhill.
                                OMG, 36 years old? Gee, way too young! Sorry Erika -- did you know her at all?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com