Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/18 (Read 333 times)

Hail to The Victors!

Coming down to the wire here. Still some nagging ITBS, more than I'd like with 48 hours before race time. Have a massage tonight, I suspect that will help. Have 5 miles planned for today, last workout pre race! We drive up tomorrow, and then nervously wait for the race to start! There are about 10 RA peeps running the race, looking forward to meeting everyone! MrI, we're planning on meeting at the north end of the Cherry lot between 6-6:30 if you want to meet up before the race.

Bugs

jhallum, Tell that dang IT-band to shut-up. Smart to get it worked on now. Have a great race! Inertia, GOOD LUCK! WRFB, I had to wait an hour to see graston doc. SUCKS! I setup my next four appointments for 8:00 a.m. Big grin Heat wave is over, back to 60-70 temps for awhile. Anxious for my nooner.

Bugs

jhallum, Tell that dang IT-band to shut-up. Smart to get it worked on now. Have a great race! Inertia, GOOD LUCK!
        DITTO THIS!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Glad to hear it's cooler for ya Bugs! Enjoy your nooner! I'll be heading out for my run after lunch. Not sure how far I'll go. Guess I'll let the legs do the running Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Kim, I wanted to add: PDR and I looked at the Freedom's Run and it looks like fun. However, our concerns are a) this is the first year, b) the organizers haven't mentioned any experience in setting up races, and c) it doesn't say anything about being certified. If I can contact them to get any of our concerns resolved we'll consider it, but right now we're still planning on the Wineglass Marathon in Corning, NY.
            I have all those concerns as well... especially it being a first time race for them.... that's why I was thinking of it as a training run... of course, if I run Steamtown... the timing of this isn't right, as it's only two weeks before... maybe just the half or something... I'm feeling a little undecided about things lately.
            evanflein

I don't mind running an inaugural race.... Bellingham Bay in 2007 was their first one and other than the weather (which totally sucked) it was a good race.
                well I taped the hotspot that has formed around the blister I got during the marathon. It worked great! Kept run nice and short so not to take chances aggrivating the spot. May get another run tonight after dinner may not depends on if I want too. Looking to run somewhere around 13 tomorrow.

Dave

I'm excited for Jeremy and MrI this weekend. Hope that ITBS straightens itself out. Race day magic is a beautiful thing. Hope some comes your way, Jeremy. Does nooner mean what I think it means. Back home. Dropped off the car for an estimate/repair. Grateful I could drive it home and for insurance. Glad my wife won't see it Tongue

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ok this is weird. I thought I had been running with deb around before the halfway mark and I didn't think she had passed me but in the results they have her going through the halfway mark before me (not big deal) anyway I was right. It looks like they've screwed up the half way times and that I did indeed have a even split race. Anyway here's my halfway picture Photobucket The girl in the green behind me is Deb. MTA they have her halfway split as 1:53:15 Confused

evanflein

But it was chip timed, right? So it depends on where you were in relationship to each other at the start. If she started way behind you, she could indeed have a faster half time, even still being behind you. But if you started together, ignore all that and yeah, it's messed up. Dave, good plan with the car. If she doesn't need to see it, best not to. Jhallum and MrI, go, go, go! Hope you guys have good weather and get some good pre-race reset. I'm all for the race-day magic thoughts. Back from PT session and she said "Go run, have fun!" We both agree that I may just always have a "catch" or whatever on my inner right hip joint. It's not painful, just annoying sometimes. If it gets worse, just back off and do the PT work I've been doing. Do better at stretching, especially adductors and hammies. She wants to see me in a week after a few days of every-other-day running, and we'll see how things are then. Woohoo!
                        But it was chip timed, right? So it depends on where you were in relationship to each other at the start. If she started way behind you, she could indeed have a faster half time, even still being behind you. But if you started together, ignore all that and yeah, it's messed up. !
                        OMG ROFLMAO. Talk about being an idiot. DUH! Not sure why I wasn't making the connection to the half time with chip time. MTA: Not that it really matters but that makes my half splits 1:53:22 & 1:53:55. Damn I really wasted the downhills. However I can't believe I got so close to even splits on that course without the help of a watch (only looked at it a few times) And I'm sure you guys are bored and tired of hearing about this but DAMN this has totally psyched me out!

Kimmie

Pam, that is too funny... Smile I knew i liked you. I'm telling everyone that I'm running Steamtown this Fall- I just haven't registered yet. Gimme the scoop on that race. Tempo run in 90 degree heat tonight... so toasty- but a good one. Running a 10K on Saturday... not sure the goal yet. Also excited for Jeremy and Mr. I- I bet that ITBS won't bother you, Jeremy. Have fun meeting RA peeps and let us know as soon as you can how it went. I guess we could track you online, though yes? Dave, sorry to hear about your car! What a pain... glad you're Ok, though. This 10K I'm running kind of drives me nuts.... I never get the time I want there, so I've got a score to settle with it. We'll see what happens on Sat.
                            Good luck, Jeremy! The ITB won't bother you during the race -- your body is just complaining because that is what happens before the race. You, too, Kim -- best of luck with your 10K Great splits, Pam, wow! Beautiful morning to run -- 54° and only a little humid. 3.2 miles, 28:51, 9:03/mi, AHR 128 (66% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Ok folks, I'm hitting the road. Next post will be a RR. I am so going to rock this!
                                Yikes, forgot about Mr I! Best of luck to you, too!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com