Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/18 (Read 333 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yea, it's a 50ish min PR.

I need to check my Garmin, but I think I had four PRs today

HM

HM again (negative split)

10k (pretty sure - need to check - haven't raced one in a while)

Marathon

Wow.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Didn't hit my goal time or PR at my race today, but actually had a great time -- ran with Bob Cawood of Annapolis Striders both early on and then at the end of the race (without having any idea who he was), and then in the chute I introduced myself and found out who he was -- I immediately recognized his name as he is the guy on top of my age group in the Annapolis series -- I like my age group as the top three of us in that series seem very close in speed -- we finished 19,20,21(me) at the opening series 5K race (that was my 2nd 5K of a double that morning, so I can do faster), and then 15,16(me),24 at Cherry Pit 10M. So Bob was just ahead of me at Cherry Pit 10M, and then I just beat him today at Chestertown 10M -- that's a great competitive age group - I think it will be great (& fun) for me if I can get to know those guys who are in my age group and very close to me in speed.

Am up for an early morning snack & drink before some more sleep, to wake and do a 5M race in the morning. Oddly, my 5M goal pace is the same as my not-succeeded 10M goal pace, so I expect I'll at least accomplish it at 5M.

Oh, and they had free italian water ice after the race -- I'm a *huge* fan of that. I got one of each flavor and offered Crystal her choice, and to my happiness she took the lemon, leaving me the mango, which is what I'd hoped she'd do. I had another mango one after that, and then after the mango supply ran out, another lemon one after that. And a popsicle too. And a free beer too.

So I was very happy with the post-race ice/liquid refreshments at Chestertown 10M.

Am up for an early morning snack & drink before some more sleep,...

Do you always do this before a race?  (Nice result, by the way!  I guess you didn't want to brag so I had to check your log)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Won my age group again and ran like a friggin banshee for over an hour

Fixed that for you.  Perry is a machine.

Congrats again on your run MrI.  I am SO jealous of the negative split HM PR thing.  

Next time, I think you should really go for it early and crash hard as a living monument to my stupidity. 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Hail to The Victors!

Yea, it's a 50ish min PR.

I need to check my Garmin, but I think I had four PRs today

HM

HM again (negative split)

10k (pretty sure - need to check - haven't raced one in a while)

Marathon

Very, very nice!  Great work!  Wish I could have gotten to meet you at the finish line!  

Hail to The Victors!

Yep, yesterday was a great day!  3:13:16, and I got to share it with a bunch of great people afterwards!  There was quite a Michigan contingent of RAers at Bayshore this weekend, and the party was awesome!  I wasn't the only RAer that I know who BQd, Joe Leto (marathon man leto) and Phil Mishka did as well with a 3:04 and 2:54 respectively..  Race report might be forthcoming today, might be Tuesday.  I have a vacation to enjoy!

(MTA: marathonmanleto also BQd)

Kimmie

congrats again to Jeremy and Mr. I!!!  So, you two didn't meet up?  You have to be so pleased with your races.  Sounds like you both felt strong the whole time.  And negative splits are a huge bonus.  I want detailed race reports.  Glad you got to meet a lot of RA peeps.   

And congrats to you , Perry.  That sounds like a fun race.

My 10K yesterday was sponsored by Outback.. so at 9:30 in the morning I was eating a filet mignon and eggs.  Smile

Race results for me:  47th overall woman out of 307 total women  and 11th in the Age Group out of 77 total.

Looked like the times of even the fast people were slower than normal.

Have a good one y'all.  good luck to Shan who is racing today!

Looks like some good racing this weekend from Team Blister!! CONGRATS on the BQ Jeremy and CONGRATS on the PR"S MR I!!! Awesome racing.

HEAT sucks Kimmie and racing in it is hardcore!

Glad to hear you had a good time at your race Perry despite not hitting your goal!

Camping ended ubruptly last night due to major storm we had.  Between that and all the ticks we were finding on kids, dog even 1 on Ken it was a tough evening. However Katie caught her first fish (she actually caught 3) and other than the ticks Frankie had a great time.  I suprised myself in being  able to carry a close to 60lbs of kid through pouring rain down a steep trail for about a quarter of a mile at 10 pm. Almost fell once and tweaked a knee but thankfully that was it. I have to say the twins were troopers last night!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT and SAFE  Memorial Day Weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Too bad the rain messed up your camping trip, Pam.  I remember one of those and it wasn't fun -- luckily we didn't have any kids to carry.

Did someone say heat?

I'm still acclimating to the heat.  I bonked after 11 of 13.  Finished it very slowly, even taking a walking break (untimed).  I prolly shoulda took some water, like PDR told me, but I was stubborn ("I don't take water unless it's longer than 14!").  I decided to walk up the hill after 13 when my HR was 175 and I was running only 9:30 pace, but then ran the last 0.2 miles.

13.2 miles, 1:58:47, 8:59/mi, AHR 157 (81% MHR)

5@9:09(145), 3@8:55(157), 3@8:30(166), 2.22@9:22(168)

We need to pack today -- leaving bright and early tomorrow for a week in Charleston, SC.  Other than the drive there and back it should be a lot of fun.  We'll have PDR's girls and a son in law with us.

I hear ya about the heat Lou and the water! I think that's the main reason I do alot of my running at the parkway during the summer months since they have a few water fountains. Have fun on your vacation!

Ok I'm starting to tweak for my upcoming 100k this Saturday. I guess the reality has set in that dh has gave me the ok and I'm pretty much recovered from my marathon , that i'll actually be doing this thing. Bad news is inlaws will be in Vermont so the kids will have to come help dh crew me, which means I may end up doing quite a bit on my own before they show up. Luckily there will be alot more runners doing this thing then there were for my 50 miler last year. One way to celebrate turning the BIG 40 lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Am up for an early morning snack & drink before some more sleep...

Do you always do this before a race?  (Nice result, by the way!  I guess you didn't want to brag so I had to check your log)

If I wake up in the middle of the night, I try to go for food and drink -- on the principle of avoiding any starvation/catabolism -- I dunno, I read in some books that it is good to avoid that. Anyway, it's a fancy way to justify midnight/midmorning snacking Smile If I'm racing, I'm likely to wake up midmorning -- maybe race anxiety, I dunno.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Pam, congrats on the weightlifting/trailracing operation Smile And my condolences on the ticks; I'm as afraid of ticks as jellyfish -- the former cause me to not go into the woods, and the latter drive me out of the water.

I saw this on some marathon results site.  Who does it sound like?

From Halfway to Finish 

You passed
                            runners
                                And 23
                            passed you

Dave

That could've been almost any of our racers.  With the huge negative split of MrI, my money's on him.

6.4 for me today in about 52 minutes.  Lots of hills.  About half on trails.  Good times.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

That was from Vermont City Marathon - Shan, picking them off!

Mr I -- I read your race report.  Nice job holding on after it started hurting.  You trained well for this, and executed perfectly.  Nicely done!