Marathon Trainers

5/12-5/18 (Read 204 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Cash - enjoy the bike - I'm jealous. Bugs - loking forward to an awesome RR Peach Happy Birthday! I got in my 18 this morning. It was very tough, even ala Galloway. It's a go for Bayshore. It's gonna hurt and it's gonna be slow but I don't think it's going to be as slow as my first! This coming week is very light, just a few 3 milers and some walking. Wish me luck!

Bugs

Race Report My head was saying 13.1 is nothing, my legs were saying you ran us too fast.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - I think it was a good race all things considering. The dizzy is a little concerning though, but hydration definitely could have been the issue. Anyway I think you did GREAT!!! and you will definitely kick ass in the next one! Mr. I - glad you got your run in! tough is ok, could have been worse. Exciting that the marathon is on - I hope it goes well. Another 1 and done. Took the dog that was fun. Hoping to do 4 or 5 tomorrow we shall see. Feel bad about the 1 milers because I feel like i could have definitely done more but at the same time this week is the highest my mileage has been in a long time so I must be doing something right!
        Cashmason

Gee Bugs, from what I see, take away the wind, and you are right at your goal time. Looks like the wind added about 20 seconds per mile the last few miles. I am a dork. I run road races with my trail hand held bottles. Then I can drink when ever I want too, and don't have to slow down, and don't litter the ground with paper cups. Plus one hand is sport drink, one is water. Yeah, It looks silly, yes it means I carry an extra couple of pounds. But it means I can drink when I want too, not when they have a water table, and I don't have to slow down to drink. Plus I pass a lot of people at the water stations, as I run down the middle of the street, and they get in a crowd trying to get a cup of water.

Oh Mighty Wing

Signed up for the half... phew I was a little nervous typing in my information! But I feel really good and this past week was good so I feel if nothing else I will get some good runs and that will be helpful! I can do this... it may not be what I want it to be but it can be done!

Happy Camper

Berryman Trail 50-miler: 11:36:20. Black eye I'll do a report later. I'm fine except for the bottom of my feet. PF on both are beatup. Toes can not stand to have any pressure on them this morning. Interesting Day.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

Bugs: Nice 1/2. I think you ran great! ShanHas: WTG on the 1/2 signup! MRI: Have a great taper week!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

Shan, great to see you signed up for your HM. P2R, looking forward to your RR. Under 12 is a huge accomplishment. Bugs, great job in tough conditions. Just got back from the USMC HM this AM. Tough course and some inconsistent mileage leading up to it. 1:50:52 garmin time. Probably about a minute or so slower chip time. RR a bit later today.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace - I think you did great!!! Can't wait to read the RR Mr. I - yeah taper!!! Dave - Great job!!!!!! Went out for a run and was feeling pretty good nice pace and all... when all of a sudden I was really thirsty and dry mouthed. I was just getting over that when the bathroom called. So back to the house I went. Thankfully though I threw in a really hard hill for me on my way to another neighborhood. By the top of the hill I wanted to just laydown and rest! I think i'm gonna make 1 run a week no matter how small include a really good hill (beyond the normal hilliness of my area). So 1.4 arg... not happy with my weekend runs. Mentally they are tough for me to get out the door and want to stay there. I will just have to make the weekday runs count!
                    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Wow! Considering how rough the run got yesterday, my legs freel quite good. I'm really looking forward to next weekend (sort of) You know how it is the second time around. You're excited but know what a chore it is. TP ran Cleveland today and turned in a 4:00:39. Not as good as her first outing (this is her second) but the weather was rough. It pured for the first 45 minutes and was windy almost the whole way. A very respectable showing. This coming week I'm just gonna do a few (3) 3-4 milers and the cards will fall where they will next week.

Bugs

Cash, You are right, no wind would have made a big difference. But what was glaringly obvious at mile 10 was how much better shape I was last year. Funny thing was I didn't know it then. I hate carrying water, and yes you need to race out of those water stations to make up for lost time. I ran through the water stops this time, and don't think my time was better for it. Shan, Good for you for signing up. Just pace yourself easy on race day. P2R, 50 miles. Shocked That's flipping amazing. Can't wait for the report. There is a marathon in Rochester on Sunday. They have a HM for $55, or you can run 20 miles for $15. No perks for the 20 mile run, you just run til mile 20 in the marathon and take a shuttle to the finish. THinking of doing the 20, but will wait to see how I feel. Not excited to spend $55 on running a HM.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

bugs - that seems to be an odd thing that 20 is soo much cheaper than 13... but I guess the difference is in the shirt and medal?? I will definitely go easy! This is a fun run for me.

Bugs

bugs - that seems to be an odd thing that 20 is soo much cheaper than 13... but I guess the difference is in the shirt and medal?? I will definitely go easy! This is a fun run for me.
                            Yes, also no results, no chip time, don't even get to cross the finish line. It's literally just a run. Think I'm going to do the 20 mile. Would be a nice way to see if I'd ever like to do this marathon.

Bugs

Beer Drinker

pace - thats awesome! i know exactly what you mean by 'interesting'... good job on finishing, bro! i still havent run since my 50. i have an ems device and have been doing some active recovery sessions and one or two jogging sessions, but have stayed off the feet to give my joints a rest. tonight ill go 4. was gonna sign up for the holcomb valley 33 on june 8th, but they closed registration today... Angry bugs good job on yer half mri - good luck!
                              Start off easy, then slow down.
                              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

An excerpt from my final confirmation letter!!!! Oh sweet nectar of life!!!! Cold Stone Creamery: Once again Cold Stone Creamery will be serving ice cream to runners in the Finish Line food area while supplies last. They will also be offering a $1.00 discount on Signature Creations, Shakes and Smoothies to runners who show their Bayshore bibs at their downtown store. They are located at 240 E Front St. about ½ block west of the Downtown Running Fit store. Go ahead - put free ice cream in front of me after a race - see what happens.