Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/12 (Read 295 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

3 today. I am concerned about tomorrow.

Bugs

Wow Cash, that sounds dirty. 25mph wind blowing snow and almost got stuck today. But I did get outside. I'm turning my log off for awhile, because I need to switch to another log format while this coach is assisting me. Don't know that I'll be able to keep this log up in time for the weekly log summary.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - I hope things go well!!!!

Bugs

Bugs - I hope things go well!!!!
          If I can keep up with the log, I'll open it up for awhile, but right now it is a full time job. We'll see. Hard to tell where you are in the winter. Running on snow really slows you down.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

15 on the tm this morning

Oh Mighty Wing

15 on the tm this morning
              you are an animal!

Bugs

you are an animal!
                I agree with that. Whatever I got is going to be on TM too. Feel yucky tonight.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

oh and hello THEYAPPER!!!
                  evanflein

Lou, no need to get defensive... You wear more technical gear than I do I think. I tend to scrounge around for what I already have. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Usually ok though. Today was about 40 here... loving the temps but not the ice. I wore my Spikies today and glad to have them. I wore my fleece gloves and headband still because of my cold hand problem and tendency to get earaches. Overheated a bit, but it was sure a nice run. 8.1 miles, 8:34 avg pace and the last two miles were back up the hill (9:09 and 9:05 pace) but I kept a good pace and didn't walk at all (I frequently do on this long hill to home). This warm spell has been nice, but we'll be cooling off here soon. Could see -20F again by Tuesday. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Dave

Erika, we just got a taste, a little taste, of your temps and I have a new appreciation for the weather that you run in. Way to get those miles in on the treadmill, MrI. That's some dedication there. Long run today after some coffee and light breakfast. Its warmer (if you're watching any inauguration coverage you have an idea of the temps) so I'm looking forward to this one. At work on Friday, I came within 10 people in line of getting tickets for my daughter to tomorrow night's "We Are the Future Concert" for the Inaugural. They gave a bunch of tickets to military families in the area. Priority went (as it should) to younger soldiers recently returned from Iraq/Afghanistan. When they ran out of those people they opened it up and I got in line. Just 10 people too late No My daughter would've loved it. Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, .... It will be on the Disney Channel so she'll get to see it there.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

oh and hello THEYAPPER!!!
                        Hello. Thanks for having me. Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hail to The Victors!

Hi guys, Back for real now! We had a nice and restful week in Florida. I heartily recommend taking the coldest week of the year in Florida rather than up north, it was so relaxing, even if I only ran a few times. Erika, you didn't miss much if you left on Sunday, it was 70's Sunday and Monday, and then 60's and 50's the rest of the week. We were laughing beacuse when we were in Alaska last summer, it was upper 50's most of the time, and it seemed NICE, now, in Florida, upper 50's seemed COLD! Funny how the mind works. Today is 10-12 indoors for me (either treadmill or indoor track). Just not going to fight with the snow today. We got 5 inches last night, and people are still clearing. Outdoors again tomorrow for sure! Bugs, hope the coach works out for you! I did multiple logs when I was testing out different sites, and I got sick of it after about 3 months or so. MrI: You are indeed an animal. Way to go! Have a great Championship Game Sunday everyone!
                            Hey, theyapper! Stick with us -- we'll totally confuse you. Smile Yes, definitely warmer than yesterday -- 31°F felt downright balmy. 17.2 miles, 2:30:33, 8:46/mi, AHR 147 A bit of a progression run, miles@pace(HR) 5@9:21(142), 7@8:50(146), 5@8:09(155)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

11 miles, 30 for the week!!!!! This is officially my highest week ever!! (not including monkey week) I would have liked to run a little longer but the hills were brutal! Here is the elevation (fixed in motion based)
                                11 miles, 30 for the week!!!!! This is officially my highest week ever!!
                                Very nice, Shan!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com