Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/12 (Read 295 times)

Happy Camper

37 and windy here, I'll take it when I can get it! 6& change aerobic zone running. Avg HR 153. It's pretty much official I won't be doing a Spring Marathon this year. I'm am going to focus on harder effort runs and lower weekly mileage for awhile to see if that brings improvement. The past three years I've logged nearly 9,000 miles at mostly easy effort and I've hit a plateau. Shan: Nice week! theyapper: Welcome! Nice people here!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

Nice runs everyone. Wicked elevation, Shan. Good job. 17 for me today in 2:35. I found out that doing a long run the day after a medium long run (17 after 9) feels a whole lot harder than just a long run after a rest or short run day. Pretty rough going but I'm glad its behind me.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks guys! MTA: So I might be changing my 6/6 marathon to a 5/24 marathon. The website for the God's Country marathon has been down for a couple weeks and when I say down I mean it does not exist. So I emailed the email listed on marathonguide.com and will hopefully hear back in a day or two. But I found one to replace it - Buffalo marathon - flat course, lots of it by Lake Eerie. I'm pretty excited about it!
        Cashmason

Great Job Shan !

Hail to The Victors!

Thanks guys! MTA: So I might be changing my 6/6 marathon to a 5/24 marathon. The website for the God's Country marathon has been down for a couple weeks and when I say down I mean it does not exist. So I emailed the email listed on marathonguide.com and will hopefully hear back in a day or two. But I found one to replace it - Buffalo marathon - flat course, lots of it by Lake Eerie. I'm pretty excited about it!
            Bah, if you are going to run a marathon on the weekend of 5/24, make it Bayshore! it's flatter than flat, and best of all, there are a bunch of RAers running (zoomie, myself, cortland, PowerofQ, etc, etc). You know you want to. :-)

Hail to The Victors!

11 miles, 30 for the week!!!!! This is officially my highest week ever!! (not including monkey week) I would have liked to run a little longer but the hills were brutal! Here is the elevation (fixed in motion based)
              That looks pretty brutal! Well done, nice weekly PB! I attempted to go too fast too far today. My 12 got contracted to 6 by hammie issues. I'm sooo looking forward to seeing the massage therapist tomorrow. I have to get used to running very very slowly for a while until I'm recovered. I always forget that part post-marathon.

Oh Mighty Wing

try some backwards running after your runs. And yes I'd love too, but my financial leash has been tightened down to states that touch PA - basically.

Bugs

Shan, You should move to MN, we have 5 road races marathons. 30 minute morning warm-up, and then 10 comfortably hard in the afternoon. I don't know about this HM. It is suppose to warm-up, but snow. If the streets are anything like the local ones here I'll pass.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, You should move to MN, we have 5 road races marathons.
                    well I was checking out marathonguide and I found 4 between March and June - but I'm NOT going to do them - I'm going to practice patience... really I can handle that... of course that would be 4 in 4 months...
                    Cashmason

Shan move to Kentucky. It touches 7 states ! Today was hitting range balls at the local golf course.

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan move to Kentucky. It touches 7 states ! Today was hitting range balls at the local golf course.
                        haha good call with Kentucky!
                          And yes I'd love too, but my financial leash has been tightened down to states that touch PA - basically.
                          Smile (Maryland touches PA) Frederick has a nice half and marathon on May 2. We're going to be out of town that weekend, though.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Smile (Maryland touches PA) Frederick has a nice half and marathon on May 2. We're going to be out of town that weekend, though.
                            I know it does! That's where 4 in 4 came from - NY, NJ, DE, MD... haha not one of them is in PA - go figure! And hmmm we will have to see... for now the plan is to keep it simple... but in march I may see where I stand.
                            Kimmie

oh yeah! Run Frederick! I'll be there running a relay with my running group. It's so much fun to experience a marathon without actually having to run the whole 26.2 Still have this horrible cough and it's really cutting into my running... I've never had bronchitis, so I don't know if that's it. Today, i feel better, so I think i will try a treadmill run.
                                oh yeah! Run Frederick! I'll be there
                                First I miss seeing Shan there and now I miss seeing Kimmie. Sheesh -- wrong year to miss this event, huh? PDR and I volunteered at the finish line last year -- that was a lot of fun! MTA: 3.1 miles, 29:23, 9:22/mi, AHR 131

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com