Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/12 (Read 295 times)

I also have no idea why that was censored.

Dave

Dave - thank you for leaving my secrets to me and not answering questions I'm carefully avoiding. Big grin
      I'm not keeping any secrets. I was having a senior moment.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm not keeping any secrets. I was having a senior moment.
        I meant in the swamp. oh my the censor was because i wanted to take down a picture of me in that sweatshirt - i need to be a little careful.
          Oh, yeah. Wasnt smart posting a picture of your social security # and debit card PINs sweatshirt.

Oh Mighty Wing

Oh, yeah. Wasnt smart posting a picture of your social security # and debit card PINs sweatshirt.
            exactly... i mean that's just asking for your identity to be stolen... and penny had on that shirt with my parent's names on it... bad just bad!

Oh Mighty Wing

DARN YOU DAVE!!!!!! Why didn't I run just a little further!!! Big grin

Bugs

So what kind of drugs are we taking today? Brian, baby news yet? I would really like to send you a baby gift. If you could email your address that would be helpful. Murphy, Absolutely great news. I hope she has an easy pregnancy, no vomiting or bed rest. Just keep passing those saltine crackers to her. Please keep us updated. So I guess you want to stay close to home. Thought of your work this week, as we got new project leaders and it will not be easy for me to smile and politely put up with this guy. I told my boss I thought the decesion was a great plan. I needed to kiss, my Internet personality shows up at work now and then, not good. Shan, you're holding out on me I can tell. Dave, Nice run, so shortly after a tough race, especially for a senior. Is that why you don't have hair? Wink Hoping to run tonight, legs were worthless at noon.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

what am I holding out on???

Bugs

what am I holding out on???
                    Dave - thank you for leaving my secrets to me and not answering questions I'm carefully avoiding. Big grin
                    You see this is why people take a leave of absense from this place is because they get lost when they decide to get some work done one day.

Bugs

Thanks bugs. I cant as easily dream about blowing off work now. So I gotta suck it up. Thankfully my old boss feels the same way about my new boss as I do, and my new boss reports to my old boss now. So, Im thinking he just lets me do my thing, and nothing materially changes. Yeah, we're just cutting out the trips and stuff to spend our money on house/baby stuff. After she takes her girls trip to Key West in a few weeks. Need to get my butt up and do a few miles.
                      evanflein

Hi everyone! I'm back! Just got back this morning. I had only limited posting access for the week (my hard drive died so I could only use DH's PC... eck...) and just limited it to a few posts and the RR. So glad Lou posted it here. So, boys and girls. The big lesson this week is.... don't get side tracked when you're getting ready for your race! DH reminded me I got busy posting pictures to photobucket and was having problems with the camera. He thinks that's what got me all sidetracked. I dunno, it was late, I was tired, should've done it way earlier, yadda, yadda, yadda. Bottom line is I will never ever EVER forget my chip again!! I'm so very glad they gave me an official finish time, even though it's way off the real time I crossed the line. The race official I talked to said they could compare my time to the finish pictures and make adjustments. The time showing is when he went back to the finish line and swiped my chip... long after I'd gone over it without my chip (DH brought it to the family reunion area for me). My Garmin said 4:02:57, even with all the stops I made, and I have to laugh to see that's a BQ time for 2010 for me if I were to need it (age 50 is 4:05), but I don't. Heheh... Florida was nice, not as hot as I was expecting, but Sunday was hotter than originally forecast. It all worked out fine. Took us what seemed to be a long time to get home, but that's just cuz we had to sit in the Dallas airport for three hours waiting for a replacement plane. We had a long layover in Anchorage anyway, so it doesn't really matter where we sat around, we got home right on time. Very cool news for Murphy! but don't write off all your plans just yet. Sometimes it all works out fine and if she has a happy healthy pregnancy there's no reason to let that stop you (within reason, of course... no big trips in month #9, ok?). But I sure understand the cost concerns. Believe me... I know entering the race is only one (small) part of the whole affair! Any news from Brian yet? How'd Jeremy do? Guess I need to go back to last week and see... I'm gonna try to just run 4 easy on the treadmill tonight. I've got so much to do at work and at home it's ridiculous!! How can I fall 2 weeks behind being gone for one week? I don't get it...

Oh Mighty Wing

HI ERIKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ waving wildly }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} we missed you soo much!!!! glad things went well - although sorry to hear that the work didn't go on without you.

Bugs

Erika, We were all worried we officially annoyed the hell out you and you did a Peach. So we each banged our heads to figure out how we could improve ourselves. Murphy promised to run at least twice between marathons. Shan promised to never run one mile runs. Dave swore he'd not annoy you with log summaries. I promised to never make a typo. But we're all kids, which means we'd be naughty the next day anyway. That's crazy about your chip. I'm glad it all worked out good enough. Pretty dam funny story..well eventually it'll be funny if it's not now. Kids a calling...

Bugs

Great to hear from you Erika. I didnt really think you left us. Now had you continued posting in the Masters forum, and not here, I would have stalked you over there Smile Im not completely writing off National. If I can get uber-cheap flight to dart there and back, and Dave's place is still available it can happen. 3 miles tonight on the indoor track. After mile one, the last 2 miles breezed by. 29:18

Dave

Im not completely writing off National. If I can get uber-cheap flight to dart there and back, and Dave's place is still available it can happen.
                                My place is still available. I'm thinking about hosting a pasta dinner at my house on Saturday night for Blister and company if folks are interested. Jeremy did amazing down there. 3:17 and change.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com