Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/26 (Read 258 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Paul- maybe the heart rate being up is just adjusting to being back here and getting back to it.

I remember that you are running Richmond in honor of your brother.  Are friends doing it with you?

No one's running with me @ Richmond (other than the other few thousand).  I thought the HR may have been an indication of the trip, but Monday's run was normal, so I don't know.  I'm pleased than I felt good, regardless of the HR data.

I may be running a 5k Saturday with a friend who is doing his first one.  It's in Charlotte on a runway at the airport.  Crazy!!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Good morning!

8.1 miles, 1:13:55, 9:10/mi, AHR 140 (72% MHR) in a light rain

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

A little over 5 miles.  Worst run in a while - just never could get a good feel.

Paul

evanflein

I think I read this right... Happy Birthday to VixiDu! Congratulations on the new AG.

And yes, those long repeats are excellent marathon training. I don't really do speedwork in the sense of regular intervals, but I do lots of tempo runs and "Cruise Intervals" which is basically what you did. (I think that's a Daniels' term, right Lou?)

Kimmie, good luck with taking time off. It never works real well for me. I cheat. And I thought Disney was a good marathon, although you do have to get up and out so freakin' early. But the course is easy and would be good for a PR. Don't forget your timing chip though.

Sorry about the sucky run, Paul. Just remember: bad runs happen to good people! Your next one will be better.

No race for me until Boston either, at least at this point. I'm an opportunistic runner though, and if some future travel lands me near a race I can enter, I just might do that.

Ringmaster

Thanks, Erika. I'm taking one of your lines with me and am adding it to my running rules. "Bad runs happen to good people." I love it!

Kimmie, you don't sound like you're whining to me. After my marathon, I didn't take a total break from running, but I did take a break from training, from running with any purpose but to have fun. If I didn't feel like going out, I just didn't. If I felt like running fast, I did, and if I felt like being slow, I did it. If I felt like going kind of far, I did, and if I felt like going short, I did. So I think what you're doing is kind of the same thing--and coming off a hard training season is the time to listen to what your body is asking of you. And I would hope you'd still come hang out with us.

I'm doing the A1A Marathon in Fort Lauderdale. It's mostly run along the beach road. Nice scenery, though usually kind of windy. But, of course, flat as a pancake! And pretty small, too--nothing like the Rock and Roll races, which is great for me. I think it'll be a jump from my first marathon, though, which had around 1500 finishers. Tiny.

Boy, I sure hope we get to see pictures of the race on the runway--and I hope all pilots are staying off their laptops that day . . . I hope you have a great time if you decide to run with your friend, Paul. I'll be thinking about you as our races get closer--Richmond is the day before my half marathon in Fort Lauderdale.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
            Mile by Mile

Happy birthday, Vix!

Little recovery run.  It wasn't raining -- I think my chair is still wet from two days ago.

3.1 miles, 28:06, 8:56/mi, AHR 137 (70% MHR)

theyapper

On the road again...

Vix had a birthday??  How'd I miss that?  Hope it was a great day.

I am def running the Runway 5k Saturday.  I don't expect to be pushing it too hard - my friend is prob running around 9 min miles so it'll be a nice little run.  Of course, if he wants to push it, I'd be fine with that.  I'll try to grab some shots on the runway.

Rest day for me and I ahve got to catch up on work deadlines.  Am I the only one that hates work sometimes?  

Paul

Kimmie

Happy belated Birthday Vix!

I used to run on A1A all the time!  Cool that you're doing that marathon... I'm tempted. Smile

Day 4 of no running... almost ran yesterday.  We'll see how long I can hold out.  I just think that come Feb. or Mar. I will be glad that I took a break.  I do want to start building up the miles in November and December to start a training plan for Boston in January.   I registered for Boston the other day- finally!  That is so cool.

I hope you all have great days!

HAPPY BDAY Vix!!

Paul, I think I've heard about that 5k. VERY COOL that you're running it with a friend. I was telling my RP that the 5k we ran together was probably my most favorite. We didn't do any real talking but helping someone achieve their goal just does something for me.

Kids had no school yesterday due to bus strike so I didn't get out for my run until after Ken got home. Had a really enjoyable 5.5 mile run. I had moderate long hilly run planned for yesterday that got moved to today and now it's moved until tomorrow morning. However instead of 13-14 it will be more like 10. Soooooooo I'm taking today off instead of tomorrow from running. Will be hitting the weights tonight with dh.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ringmaster

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone. It was a very nice day; dh cooked and did kitchen cleanup; can't get better than that.

9 today, off tomorrow. So hot here . . . I know I keep saying it but I just can't believe it! We had ds's preschool parade today and we were all sweating through our clothes. Little man lasted in his firefighter costume maybe 45 minutes.

Have 18 planned for Saturday but we're also celebrating ds, dd's, and my birthday (all in a 2-wk span) so we're grilling burgers the night before. Do I sneak in some pasta or just not worry about it and go on gels and whatever fuel the burger will give me?

TIA

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                        Mile by Mile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So... Pam, you're doing long and hilly on Friday, and then racing on Saturday?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

Vix, you should be fine. There's carbs in other things besides pasta. Nibble crackers before dinner, you'll have a bun with your burger, no problem. Glad you had a good birthday!

Paul, I always find that work gets in the way of all sorts of things I want to do. I can't wait to retire. Hope I'm not too old then to do all the stuff I want to do! Such a catch-22, right?

Elliptical and weights yesterday at lunch, silly little 3.4 mile run at home after work (treadill), then 5 more treadmill miles at the gym today at lunch. I sure hope it's nice enough on Saturday for an outdoor run. I'm already feeling like the hamster on the wheel... and it's only been three days!!

Yes Perry and I found out earlier today that she would LOVE to get a 1:20 for the race which means I'll be racing it too instead of it being a nice tempo run like the 5k was. Oh and  the race it'self is hilly so we shall see.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I agree with Erika Vix! Glad to hear you had a great birthday!