Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/3/10 (Read 177 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Set up finish line for a 5K this morning. Was going to run it if we had enough people to cover the finish line, so I wound up being the last person to register -- and carried my own registration over to my friend who was recording them into the computer. Ran into heavy headwind -- all time goals out the window.  Couldn't tell where the turnaround was, so went to the furthest people out there to be safe. A guy at the water table told me that everyone else followed me, so I contributed to everyone getting the worse time possible out there - long turnaround and tough wind. Did win the race -- but actually I miss having someone in front of me or next to me to give me visual help to keep moving.

Looks like Jeremy did better in the wind than I did -- nice job J.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Jeremy,

Everybody here thinks the course is hard. Maybe worst is there will be about 10 miles in the country where you will be alone. I plan to stay glued to a pacer. One of these days I will run the hard parts and decide for myself, to lazy to head out of town to run.

Bugs

Hawt and sexy

I swear to God i saw Mary Poppins on my run today. The wind was crazy nasty. I lived. Sunburn, windburn, what type of burn to I have left to deal with this season? I am up for it, don't get me wrong, it's just crazy weather.

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Borrow her umbrella; should come in useful in this wind.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs, you are so right about running becoming a habit. In the past once I get a week or two of consistant running in, its impossible to keep me off the road. I just need to fight the temptation to go too far or too fast too soon. Its when something goes wrong that I have a hard time getting back in the habit. Thanks for the tip on the tradmill. I'll be going more low-end, I think.

Ran 6 miles this evening. Felt really good, ran a faster pace than the other day--was much looser than I was Thursday. It was cool and windy.

3 miles planned for tomorrow. Taking dw and Ava to the zoo tomorrow. 1st Mothers day. Her present from Ava is a baby oak tree to plant in the yard, so when she gets older they can enjoy it together. Hope it goes over well. A little tight on cash with a vacation planned at the end of the month.

Someone come to Dayton for the USAFM or Columbus. Columbus would be a good BQ course for anyone looking todo that.

Bugs

31F at the start of the run today. Tights, long sleeved shirt, jacket, hat, and mittens in MAY. WTH? 20.5 miles ~ 9:38 pace. Legs were in no hurry today, would not have been smart to run it faster.  Trying to go back to the slow long runs and faster weekday runs. With 10 miles fast on Friday it was not hard to run slow. Crazy cold ice bath. Erika would have been proud of me. 50+ miles for the week DONE!

Bugs

Congrats on the win, Perry -- trying to hide that fact in a bunch of words, huh?

Bugs - 31° is cold -- nice 20!  (+0.5)

Keep plugging, Murph

Amanda - I loved the wind today -- it is so much better running in cooler weather than in the heat (47° here this morning).  12.2 miles -- 5@8:55(144), 2@8:36(150), 5.2@7:57(165) -- I beat my pace from last weekend's half (I could have kept it up another mile for sure), 30° sure makes a difference.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cashmason

Congrats on the 50 for the week Bugs.

Bugs

Congrats on the 50 for the week Bugs.

Thanks!! I'm so happy!

Happy Mother's Day. 

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

Jeremy,

Everybody here thinks the course is hard. Maybe worst is there will be about 10 miles in the country where you will be alone. I plan to stay glued to a pacer. One of these days I will run the hard parts and decide for myself, to lazy to head out of town to run.

It just doesn't look that scary (other than that downhill at 17 or so.   Don't get me wrong, I see that uphill at 19ish and the one in the mid 20's, but they don't look much worse than the hills at Boston or Bayshore, 50 foot rises at best. 

I think the long downhill is going to be hard on the quads, and I can see that really causing problems for the last 8 or so miles...it's long and it looks relatively steep, I can see being worried about that...but it least its not a long uphill....