Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/30 - 1/5 (Read 332 times)

Dave

Hey, Murph, how about sharing your log with the rest of us. Noticed your location in your profile. My wife grew up not far from you there in Ohio. Met when I was just up the road at Wright Patterson AFB. You're right about not catching P2R. With him in the group, you're right about it not being a competition. I joined the 1500 mile club and I'm already starting to hate that damn pace bunny. He's taunting me already Wink Rest day for me today. Legs were getting a bit sore after 5 straight and the afternoon was dedicated to watching my alma mater choke in the Gator Bowl, blech No

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oops, thought I made the log public previously. It is now. I ran the Air Force Marathon on Wright Pat last year. It was an awesome marathon. Unfortunately it doesnt fit in with my goals this year. But I may run the half while prepping for Vegas '08.
      Travis Groom

Vegas was a great run this year. It really makes you appreciate how big Mandalay Bay is because you get to the corner of it and think, "ALMOST THERE!" ...and then it goes on forever!!! Ran 9k today, freezing in -18ºC/0ºF. Good run though. And I am pretty sure most of the sweat was actually vodka...
        Cashmason

Ran 6 miles yesterday. Rode 35 miles today. Half marathon this week end and it is supposed to rain hard all week end. Never ran in the rain before, as we only got 2 inches of rain all last year and most of that was at night.

Bugs

Cash, What kind of temps? If it's not too cold a run in the rain is fun, but what to wear is always a delima. Shan, What's the story on the ShanGen to ShanHen? Log question? Is anyone not using this log exclusively? I was using Excel, then switch to SportsTrack. Now I am doing SportsTrack and this log... Not sure if this one imports into SportsTrack? I am coughing up a lung. Considered going to the doctor, but I really want to keep my medical bills down this year and it's probably just a virus that needs to run it's course. After being on vacation for 1 1/2 weeks, I am feeling guility for calling in sick. Sad Said the kids could stay home with me if they take care of me. So far they have made me breakfast (frozen waffles), did the dishes, and tucked me in. They are really sweet kids. Smile I have an impressive 8"x4" bruise on the side my lower leg from the graston. The stiff ache when I would squat down to tie my shoes is gone. BTW, the other time I had graston done was in my calf, and that has not acted up since. Hopeful this will go as well. Where's Erika?

Bugs

Im gonna use this log exclusively since it allows to enter as splits. I used sporttracks when I have my GPS. But never logged my other runs with that. I may still pull everything over to XL.. Looks like Eric is working on a feature to import from GPS. I havent been using mine much since I mostly run on marked trails (and since I need to replace the pin). Will probably do the eliptical for 1/2 hour tonight instead of running. Very cold, and unlikely my trail will be cleared off--or the neighborhood roads. I guess thats why I had the Y membership..for days like this.

Dave

6.2 chilly miles today at around 30F and 30 MPH wind gusts. Felt good though and pushed the pace a bit. As I was getting back, saw people going out in shorts, ugghh. On the log question, I use both Sporttracks and the log on RA. The online log is sort of my "master" and I use sporttracks just for the stuff that is on the Garmin (no treadmill, cross training when/if I do it, etc.). I like the ability to log in my workouts from work (I run at lunch mostly during the week from my office) and can't install any software on my work computer. Plus I love the ability see everyone's log on here. Don't know if you're using the beta of Sporttracks 2.0 but it adds the ability for plugins. Someone has written an elevation correction plug in that fixes the erroneous data that comes off the Garmin. Very nice. Turns out my regular routes from home have about 200-300 feet elevation change from the highest elevation to the lowest. At work, it is more like 60 feet. Neat stuff.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

heh. Im 2nd in the group for weekly mileage.. no one will ever touch the kind of mileage p2r puts up. .
                  Let's revisit your prediction in 09 Although I sure didn't get the running in over the holidays that I would have liked.

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH MR. I!!!!!!! Big grin groov - 0F man that's cold! and vodka sweat - man you must have smelled pretty! Cash - you will kick ass in the rain! wear something with a brim. Bugs - I'm getting married in 49 days!!!!!!!!!! I got a little too excited and used part of my soon to be new last name! Blush Remember to push your fluids! Oh and I'm using here mostly. Murph - should i be learning something from my splits? shoudl i be logging them? dgb - i saw someone in shorts today too!!! it's 28 and windy here! those people must be nuts! So instead of my planned 5.5 I did 7.1!!!! I know you thought i was going to say i ran less or not at all but that's right I went 7.1!! even rediscovered a trail i burned out on because now it's like the whole world is open to my running so i took some little offshoots. Was going to run more but had to make that call with 2 miles to get back to the car so I decided to save that path for another day!!! And i'm really hyper in case you couldn't tell by the plethera o' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (man i love running!)
                      Shan... I like to log my splits..particularly for longer runs so I can see if I started to struggle, or if I was able to keep a consistant pace. I also like to look over time and see how fast I was able to run say the 10th mile of a long run..to see if I improved. I dont sweat as much over the splits as when I first started. But its good to have, imo. Did my 1/2 hour eliptical. Supposed to warm up by the weekend and be unseasonable nice the beginning of next week. So, I may move my rest day from Friday to tomorrow and run Friday/Sat when it will be nicer.
                      Cashmason

Ran 5 miles today. Last dry day before 4 days of rain. Yes we are fixing to send you all our rain in the next 10 days. High for race day supposed to be 54. More like mid 40s at race time with wind. Bugs dear, my mentor at Beginner Triathlon is from Minneapolis. Am sure you would be welcome to join our online forums.

Cause I CAN

froze my tail off for 3 miles.... Shocked
                          Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                          http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

Bugs

Shan, Do we get to throw you a party? Dgb, Think I will use SportTracks as my master, unless I figure out how to do multi-sport. I have gotten a little crazy with SportsTrack. I've added all my clothing and log which pants, etc.. I ran in. See if I can keep up double logging. Cash, What's the link? Think I got lost?

Bugs

Cause I CAN

Dave I lost your email..please send it to me... terri7291@hotmail.com
                              Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
                              http://terri7291.blogspot.com/

Dave

Another chilly (relatively) day here on the east coast. Got in about 4.5 easy miles. 26.2 for the week. Sort of poetic (and under 4 hours coincidentally Cool ). Maybe I should take the next two days off just to wrap up the week that way.

dgb2n@yahoo.com