Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-2 (Read 324 times)

Kimmie

And as we get closer to the relay, I'll need all the advice I can get. They say you have to be better trained than a 10K runner, but not quite as trained as a marathoner.

Happy Camper

Kimmie: I'm really looking forward to this. Interesting place and it's not very often that one can be take part in an initial running. I booked the flight because it jumped $70.00 from last week to last weekend. I hope to get word soon that the spot is still open and that I'm in. They have 11 now and want 2 more. I will be the old goat in the group for sure. Bugs: It was bulging disks and a ruptured disk last time. This is not as bad. I just need to keep those muscles stretched and not do anything that would cause them to contract to much. Hopefully it will be gone in a few days. Erika: Maybe we could exchange stretches and start a treatment thread? You post to youtube first. Tongue MTA: 3 hours waiting so that DS2 could see the Doc in the Box at the "Convenient Clinic". Z pack sould be easier to get.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Erika- I still think 14 on a treadmill, especially at that pace, is amazing. Ok, if you live in Alaska- doesn't everyone have snow blowers? I'm sorry if that's a stupid question. Remember, I'm from Florida originally.
        Actually, the whole run was 15 miles and yes the pace was too fast. I'm still sniveling about it, but I'll get over it. Eventually. And yes, we have a snow blower, but the damn thing is always broken down and DH figures it's easier to bark at the kids to get them to go out than to fix it. My oldest son helped for awhile, but bagged it when he felt he'd done the minimum I'd asked. And here I thought I was just telling him where to get started! Angry We have a big driveway, too...
          well I got close to 2 hours of shoveling in. I sure hope dh appreciates it! One of these days i'm going to do a relay. They sound like so much fun!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

4 miles. didn't have the garmin or a watch. so i ran till i couldn't feel my hands. did more exploring of the neighborhoods behind my house. looks like there is gonna be lots of good mileage to be had. Smile
            evanflein

well I got close to 2 hours of shoveling in. I sure hope dh appreciates it!
              Hmmm, Pam if he's anything like mine, he'll wonder why you left "that little spot over there?" I hope he's not. It's infuriating.

Bugs

For those of you that have done the relay, how hard would the sweaty bodies be on my van. My van is used so it's nothing fancy, but if I throw some towels or blankets over the seats will that be good enough? I don't do snow removal. I hardly even cook dinner.

Bugs

Hmmm, Pam if he's anything like mine, he'll wonder why you left "that little spot over there?" I hope he's not. It's infuriating.
                  Oh he probably will knowing him *sigh* if he does I'll get him back some how Evil grin

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

Oh he probably will knowing him *sigh* if he does I'll get him back some how Evil grin
                    i think snow down the pants is a perfectly acceptable response to that! Evil grin
                    Cashmason

Pace - hope your back gets better quickly!! The relay sounds fun! Cash - ohh you were away I wondered where you'd been! Hope you had fun!! Bugs - I could never be disappointed in you! I'm a big weenie... still... I thought I was over that... but while i ran on the treadmill I got a cramp and started seeing spots and my vision was blurry... about 1 mile in... so i stopped... i donno why I stopped - I felt fine... i'm just the world's biggest weenie... if you could all reach through the monitor and slap me that would be AWESOME... THANKS IN ADVANCE!
                      Shan, stopping on a treadmill, after cramping and seeing spots is not being a weenie. Its being smart. Have you ever seen the Jetsons cartoon, where he goes flying off the back of the treadmill at full speed? New house with good running nearby sounds great !

Oh Mighty Wing

cash - very insightful! Wink
                        Cashmason

cash - very insightful! Wink
                          Gumhead ! ( favorite quote by 4 year old nephew, when he thinks what you are saying is dumb).

Oh Mighty Wing

Gumhead ! ( favorite quote by 4 year old nephew, when he thinks what you are saying is dumb).
                            teehee! I like it!!! I think I will adopt that into my vocabulary!!! and you know calling me smart was not quite the kick in the behind I was looking for!
                            Cashmason

Mammoth is in Central California. Current snow depth on the mountain = 180 inches or 15 FEET of snow. Average snowfall for Mammoth 353 inches per year. 150 ski runs 27 lifts. Town 8,000 feet elevation. Top of Mountain over 11 thousand feet. Deana Kastor lives and trains here. 3 hours north of Mammoth is Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics. Yeah all that stuff like skiing and bobsledding in California. And Squaw even has an outdoor ice skating rink mid mountain. You can get there via gondola from the parking lot. And after you ski and ice skate, you can drive 2 hours and lay on a beach with the Pacific Ocean, in your swim suit, in the same day. Hope your back feels better Pace, Nice abs in the avatar Pam. Bugs, towels should work fine for the van. But keep the windows rolled down if you can. If you keep the windows rolled up, the sweat stink can stay in your van for a couple of weeks. And if you run the air condtioner, the stink can get in the air filters and stay quite a while.

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs, towels should work fine for the van. But keep the windows rolled down if you can. If you keep the windows rolled up, the sweat stink can stay in your van for a couple of weeks. And if you run the air condtioner, the stink can get in the air filters and stay quite a while.
                                true this!! My poor car smells funky!