Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-2 (Read 324 times)

Dave

The missus and I will be in the DC area on the weekend of Mar 27-28th (I think we're in the Ashburn/Herndon/Reston part), hanging out with some of her friends, and going down to the Mall to see the Museum of American History. I can't guarantee anything at this point(its kind of a trip for my wife to see her friends, and I'm sort of tagging along), but if any of you DC folk are in that area, maybe there will be some time for a run?
    I'll be up for it. It may be a slow recovery pace but I'll be more than willing to link up.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

I like to run, am cute and modest too, what more could you ask for?... wink.
      Really you had me at modest!! Big grin
      Kimmie

How could you possibly resist someone like Cash? He DOES sound like the perfect running husband. Jeremy- Ashburn is where I live! So, you may be very close. I will be out of town that weekend though! Sad Let me know if an early morning run on the 27th or something on the 29th later in the day might possibly be in the works. I'll be gone Friday night and Saturday night. Sounds like a fun trip.

Bugs

Really you had me at modest!! Big grin
          Really I was smitten at rich. Wink I was suppose to do the hill bounding workout today. I went out and decided I felt OK, but not great. (I have a little cough). I bounded two hills and then decided i am sick of being sick and ran easy back to the car. 3.25 miles for the day...and a lovely 40F day.

Bugs

if any of you DC folk are in that area, maybe there will be some time for a run?
            I'd be up for it if it works out timing-wise (and training-wise) -- let us know when it will work out for you and I'll see if I can make it.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

First time on the roads today in months (except for short recovery run and a race it was the first outdoor run this year) Harder than I was expecting. Windy and a few hills. Still, just under 13 miles in gorgeous weather was nice.

Oh Mighty Wing

First time on the roads today in months (except for short recovery run and a race it was the first outdoor run this year) Harder than I was expecting. Windy and a few hills. Still, just under 13 miles in gorgeous weather was nice.
                well Mr. I that sounds nice!!
                evanflein

How could you possibly resist someone like Cash? He DOES sound like the perfect running husband.
                  Oh, besides the small little problem of him already being taken. Me too. So, for now, we poke, tease and spar online. Would be fun to meet up again though. Wink

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - so I thought alot about what you asked me. And I think the thing is that I don't really have a "goal" race until the triple in September and even then it isn't a time goal. It is a finish 3 marathons in 3 days smiling. So I guess all the races I'll be doing through the spring are just "training" races. My hope for these races is to watch my times come down over the spring. My plan is to get my weekly mileage to go up and to stay consistent - hopefully my life events will calm down and I will find my secret to not allowing life to get in the way. I think since I'm not really following any plan it's hard for me at this point to think of racing/training in a traditional way. So, yeah, those are my thoughts - sorry I didn't give you a serious answer before - it took me a while to get my thoughts on it together.
                    Kimmie

Sounds good Shan. I am so tempted to come run it with you- only 2 hours from me and i've heard so many good things about that race. Two of my friends from my running group will be there- and it's such a small race, you may even meet them. Today is supposed to be a rest day. Weird thing is, I don't want to rest.Smile
                      Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Today's interview went really well. I think I could have the job if I wanted it. However, it's not that great of a job. However, it pays more than unemployment. However prospects in this area aren't good. I think I might need to take it and continue to look.
                        evanflein

I think I might need to take it and continue to look.
                          I think that's a very smart idea.
                          Cashmason

I think that's a very smart idea.
                            What she said !
                            Cashmason

Oh, besides the small little problem of him already being taken. Me too. So, for now, we poke, tease and spar online. Would be fun to meet up again though. Wink
                              Silly rabbit, (yes you are rabbit fast, plus you probably eat Trix for breakfast), thats why I said running husband. I know if a woman is in love with another man, I could look like Brad Pitt and have Bill Gates money and not be able to get her to fall in love with me. She might be attracted, but she isnt going to leave her man. Besides, I like your husband, and it goes against the man code to hit on another man's woman. But on a lot of levels, you and I get along well, thats why the running is in there to differentiate it from what you have with your husband. 4 miles last night after teaching spin. Was supposed to ride 40 this am, but my friend had her kid get sick 6 am, so that got cancelled.
                              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Legs are still a bit beat up from the other day. Tomorrow shouold be interesting.