Marathon Trainers

National Marathon post race meetup (Read 195 times)

Kimmie

Hi there,

Let's get a discussion going on where we want to go... would it be better to try to find a place near a METRO stop, since there aren't a lot of options near the race ending?

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm leaving this up to the locals.    I just can't wait to meet.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I spent a little time this morning poking around looking at the metro map and then google maps for restaurants near each stop starting from the closest stop towards town then each stop further, but I didn't see anything jump out at me as "that's the place to go".  Seems like people would want burgers after the races, right?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

burgers sounds good.  Paul,  Are you staying over Saturday night?

Also, let's get a rough # of those of us coming...

We could put it out to the general forum to see who else in RA land will be coming to the race.   

theyapper

On the road again...

We're not staying Saturday night.  We're coming up Friday but have to be back for Sunday.

Paul

I know of myself, Harriet, Tramps (from masters) and his wife.

Kimmie

ok, we've got time.... I'll keep looking around for easy access, etc...

Perry- are you and Cristal coming?

Dave

I hope you guys have a great time.  Keep posting the where stuff.  I should be back in the states by then and might just drive in  (but I doubt it).

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

What time is everyone planning on dropping by the Expo for packet pick-up?  I guess we'll drive into the hotel first and then Metro over.  That'll allow us to get familiar with the Metro before race day.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We could jog over to the food court at Union Station. Or the one at the old USPO - that's a longer jog. Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

What time is everyone planning on dropping by the Expo for packet pick-up?  I guess we'll drive into the hotel first and then Metro over.  That'll allow us to get familiar with the Metro before race day.

I'll be going to the EXPO during the school day unless I have to work that day and then I'll be going that night.

Kimmie

I guess the reason why I wanted to put it out to the group is...

The places right around the race start won't have more than just street parking.   Are we willing to take the METRO somewhere?  I think Perry's suggestion of Union station might be good because there is parking there.

One thing we could do, is meet up after the race in front of the Armory and then travel over to a restaurant together.

I'll keep thinking...

Yikes, it's getting close.  I wish I knew the area better.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Is "at Bugs' place for ziti" an option? Smile

PS: We may volunteer and do a 2hour shift at packet pickup.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

We'll be Metro-ing everywhere and leaving our car at the hotel.  Is everyone running the half, or would the post-race meet up need to be after the marathon?

Paul