Marathon Trainers

National Marathon post race meetup (Read 195 times)

Kimmie

Only potential issue with Ray's is that it doesn't open until 12.

We could just METRO over to Mr. Henry's (where we met last year)   or Perry had the idea of going to Union Station.

Oops.

I think Perry was kidding about Union Station.  I say let's do Mr. Henry's.

http://www.mrhenrysrestaurant.com/

601 Pennsylvania Avenue Southeast
      Washington, DC 20003-4303

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

ok, I'll call them and see if we can reserve some tables.

Feel free to invite anyone....

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

ok, so you want to meet there before hand?  Say 6:30?  I never know how to time a warmup at races like these... if you wait too long, it's way crowded at the start.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sure. I think I'll just drag my phone in my running belt, so I can ring you.

PS: Just remembered to print out confirmations and waivers.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Ok, So far, I've counted 9 people.  Do we want to see if more want to come?  Lou, Perry?  Any more, you think?

Last year, I called and they didn't take reservations... I'll call them again and see what they say.  It's two stops away on the blue line, Eastern Market exit.

My guess is that people will be showing up from 11:00 on....   

Who do you have on your list of 9?  Did you count Tramps (David) and his wife (Cecelia)?

I think:

Kim

Kim's DH (sorry, forget his name -- I'm terrible like that, sorry)

Paul

Perry

Crystal

Lou

Harriet

David

Cecelia

And last year there was no problem seating us.

Kimmie

I just called them and said we would have a party of 10... asked for outside seating, is that ok?   And they open at 11:15, so we'll plan to get there on the earlier side.

My Dh is not coming.. . he'll be home with the kids and Paul has a friend coming too.

Went to the EXPO and it was crowded!!!   Just hope whatever stomach issue I have goes away completely!!!

theyapper

On the road again...

We made great time - got in around 3:30.  Rode in to the Expo and had a guy try way too hard to sell us on some "4 bags of vegetables in a 2 ounce cup" drink.  Had time to stop off at Arlington Cemetery and see it (well, kind of since it was closed).

Excited to see you all tomorrow, and will be hungry enough to eat wherever.  Sleep well tonight everyone.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

My parents are in arlington cemetery.  My dad was in the army during WWII but didn't go overseas.  Nonetheless, there were rumors of him shipping out so they got married after dating for 6 weeks.  Married for 50+ years before they passed away.  That's something, huh?

Stopped by the expo about 6:30 after leaving work early.  I got a parking spot right out in front before they started putting barrels out to stop people from parking there.  We'll probably take the metro tomorrow -- seems easier.

See you (early) in the morning.  Look at the armory, from the race side, and we'll be all the way to the left.  On the top of the thing on the side of the stairs.  At least that's where we met last year.