Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/12 (Read 221 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice 45 minutes or recovery running.  Same pace as the last 2 miles of my half, but almost 50 bpm lower for my AHR.  Felt good.

Boston runners take off a week from today!  I know you're all getting excited.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hail to The Victors!

Nice 45 minutes or recovery running.  Same pace as the last 2 miles of my half, but almost 50 bpm lower for my AHR.  Felt good.

Boston runners take off a week from today!  I know you're all getting excited.

One week and 5 minutes, to be exact.  Had a fruitful weekend of 4x1600 intervals @5K, followed by 14 miles the next day.  I feel like I'm ready.  We'll see when we crest Heartbreak just how ready I really am.

Hail to The Victors!

Oh, and if people are still interested, how about the North End for dinner on Saturday night? 
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This -- 4x1600 intervals @5K -- sounds tough. Had a lot of good running this weekend, and have a "5k marathon" next weekend. Boston-bound sounds exciting.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hey all Smile

I'll have to check out the North End on line. Sounds like a good idea though I'll have to check with my partner in crime who'll be doing Boston with me (well not the running part)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

I ran a hilly 5k on Saturday and came away with a 6 second PR. That was kinda fun. 22:24... I used to want to break 22 minutes on a 5k, but it's just seemed so unattainable. I just don't do enough speedwork to get my short distances down. But, I'm happy with the 6 seconds off there. Then ran 10.6 miles on Sunday, both days I wore my new shoes and I think I'll take them to Boston.

So sorry to hear about Cash's calf. What did you do to it? I know it's been bothering you for quite some time now... {{Cash's owie}}

Lou!! I sure hope an easy/light/rest week will fix you up. Certainly not the time to be coming down with hamstring-itis. Nice race for PDR, sure wouldn't like to see stairs at the end of a 5k!

Nice to see Bugs posting upbeat running reports. That was a good 18 miler you had yesterday!

Paul, I agree. You'll nail that sub-2. This weekend just wasn't your race. And it's funny how you can sort of figure that out early on, like for you when you were faced with an empty tank and 5k to go. BTDT, it's no fun. But, you can just salvage the run and look ahead.

Jeremy is going to so rock Boston! There are lots of good spots to eat in the North End. I think there's an Asaggio's (sp?) there, and another really good spot where DH and I had lunch in 2008, but can't recall the name now. Still not sure what we're doing, I'll be sharing a hotel with a friend and she's thinking the free pasta dinner sounds good. I'd probably prefer to branch out a bit, but economics might win this one.

Time to start training for my 1/2 marathon on May 2..

Did walk 7 miles yesterday. Hoping to run 6-8 tonight. Although the little one decided she wanted to get up and play at 4 am, so Im a bit tired. But I'll get out there.

Hawt and sexy

Ack. I ran less than 3 miles yesterday.  I should log that sometime.  I'm moving and running just was not my thing yesterday, no grove.Today felt good though.

Perry, do the 1/2 sauer 1/2 kraut thingy. I think I might wear one of those German beer winch thingys.heh

Besides, I need to meet you.  Then you will have no choice but to come up to VTU. Mahahahahaha!

I think I should train.

I'm touching your pants.

Good morning.  I might try a little run today.  I'll stop if it hurts too much tho.

MTA: oh well, we'll try another rest day tomorrow and see how I do on Friday

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Got a nice 4 mile progression in this morning.  Felt good (and had some hills, too).

Boston is getting close!  Wasn't there some site last year that someone here at RA set up that made it easy to track everyone's progress?  Seems I remember something like that.  Anyway, that'd make it a lot easier for me to live vicariously through you all as you run. 

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Good Luck to Everybody running Boston. I am so VERY excited for you guys. When is everyone flying out? I should just take Monday off because I won't get anything done at work. I hope Lou's hamstring is holding up.

Bugs

evanflein

I leave Thursday night. Get into Boston Friday afternoon. I'm trying this early departure thing to give my back time to recover from the flight. Seems airplane seats and my back do not get along.

Just an elliptical workout and some core stuff last night. Planning a short RAW, but the weather is a little dicey. Oh well, might as well get muddy.

Kimmie

Thanks for thinking of us.  I'm pretty excited too.   Hope your hamstring gets better quick, Lou.  

I just got back from the massage guy.  Of course, I thought my calf was relatively minor, just getting it checked out.  He says,  why did you wait until the last minute to see me?   So, I'm in a little bit of pain, from the massage.   I plan to rest more tomorrow and then test it out on Thursday to see what happens.  I really don't think it's a big deal, just quite a bit more of a taper then I was thinking.  Smile

Paul and others who may care, my # is 19482.    We leave Saturday and stay until Tuesday.   Taking the kids and if I ever qualify and go to Boston again, I will most likely make it a girls weekend and leave the kids with the DH.  Seems like the thing to do.

Now, to decide what to wear....

evanflein

For anyone tracking who missed it earlier, I'm #16394.

Kimmie, hope that calf is nothing to worry about, and the massage sets it right real soon.

What to wear? Hmmm, I take a couple of contingency outfits. Always the maniac singlet, and the running skirt, but probably also capris if the weather turns to total crap. I also have a t-shirt to layer under my singlet, but at RVM that almost got to be too much in the full sun. In the shadier breezier spots though, I was glad to have the extra layer. I hope the threat of rain doesn't come true as I have absolutely no rain appropriate running gear, other than a garbage bag! (doesn't rain much here and when it does, I rarely run in it!)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I recommend having something like body glide on hand in case of rain, cause it makes chafing more likely/worse, in my experience.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.