Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/12 (Read 221 times)

Hail to The Victors!

Thanks Dave!

Have to say that while my in-law's hospitality is utterly awesome, I maybe should have stayed in the city tonight and tomorrow night.  Would have been nice to be in town to chat with people instead of being out here.  

However, I'm still in the middle of this cold, not happy about it at all.  Downing copious amounts of airborne and other cold drugs, and sleeping lots.   I'll be going into the race tomorrow with it, so we'll see what that will do, I guess.

Getting really excited though!  Time to go lay out the clothes and set the alarm soon.

Bugs

Ah man sorry about the cold. Hopefully it is the kind that goes away a few miles into the race.

Need to clone myself so I can watch marathon and get work done tomorrow. I kind of wish this was a Sunday race, but I'd still be busy so what's the point.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Perry thought it was my Boston number.    I'm still laughing.

He's so funny.

Did you read Bug's list of all the stuff she did on Sunday, besides the 20 miler? It was so long it fatigued my brain and I started hallucinating....

Oh also, I ran an unplanned Half this morning. Crystal is just remarking about a photo a friend caught of me this morning, about how something is wrong b/c I don't own a gray, short-sleeved shirt.  (Heh, I rolled the sleeves up of a long-sleeved one) -- probably she isn't going to buy it when I try to explain that I was running so fast she is seeing a color shift due to my speed.

PS: Good, lots of liquids & rest sound like the best approach -- and food too, to keep those glycogen levels high, right, Jeremy?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Perry,

Guessing crappy camera, that or you have a split personality.. 2nd thought that is probably it. That is why you can run so damn much Perry1 runs 35 miles and Perry2 runs the other 35 miles.

Heaven Help me...

Dear Gloria Alfstad,

Congratulations! You are officially registered for the 34th annual Grandma's Marathon on June 19, 2010. We are looking forward to welcoming you to Duluth, and providing you with a world-class race.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Crystal asked me who is in the running tomorrow. I don't know, about to go look. Except I know Meb & Ryan are in. Dunno if Dire is in. Or Catherine from Kenya whose last name I can't remember. I know Kim from Virginia whose last name I don't know how to pronounce is in, and L & H from Frederick are half-out/half-in. And Pam from up north is in I think, and Jeremy from somewhere maybe in midwest is in, and Erika from way up north is in. Off to look for news on who's in the elite start.

theyapper

On the road again...

Crystal asked me who is in the running tomorrow. I don't know, about to go look. Except I know Meb & Ryan are in. Dunno if Dire is in. Or Catherine from Kenya whose last name I can't remember. I know Kim from Virginia whose last name I don't know how to pronounce is in, and L & H from Frederick are half-out/half-in. And Pam from up north is in I think, and Jeremy from somewhere maybe in midwest is in, and Erika from way up north is in. Off to look for news on who's in the elite start.

I know I'm in...front of my computer to watch.  But I thought about you all on my run this morning.  45 minutes of pure joy!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I gotta tell you the TV coverage is killing me.  Just waiting to get on the train up to Newton (mile 20) has me nervous -- I wonder how I'd feel if I was actually running today.  Leg feels ok today so it's probably good that I deferred and gave back my number else I might have done something stupid.

Tried to stay out of Harriet's way this morning - she's nervous and I know she'd like me on the bus and in athlete's village with her, but I'm sure she'll make friends along the way and maybe meet up with some of the folks we already know.

Great events so far this weekend -- Friday out to dinner in Cambridge with some of the masters, Saturday a party celebrating PhD achievement for my step daughter and my son in law (both!), Sunday afternoon a masters party.  Today will be the race and a meet up afterwards.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Ah Lou, this sucks. If I were you I'd go to the expo and buy myself something to cheer yourself up. And all day I'd be eating and drinking stuff I love but would never dare take-in around a race.

Perry,

I think I drank too much coffee yesterday after run.. I turned into a woman on a mission. Today I have a three inch bruise on my elbow and I have no idea why. Next weekend I just drink lemonaide on the porch.

Bugs

Cashmason

Lou,

You and Harriet have run Boston before right ?

Erika and Pam are kicking ass so far.

Cashmason

Bugs,

Congrats on getting in.

Bugs

Thanks Cash!

They are all doing great.

Bugs

Dave

Heaven Help me...

Dear Gloria Alfstad,

Congratulations! You are officially registered for the 34th annual Grandma's Marathon on June 19, 2010. We are looking forward to welcoming you to Duluth, and providing you with a world-class race.

Cool .

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Trent linked this which has Jeremy and Pam on it, but not the others: http://krbss.com/cgi-bin/boston2010.pl

Bugs

They are all doing so great. I'm so proud of Team Blister today.

Thanks Dave, it was a big deal for me to take that leap again.

Bugs

Bugs

I think Erika is getting her revenge for last year. Go girl. I cheering for you every step of the way!!

Bugs