Marathon Trainers

Week of 2-16 (Read 333 times)

Happy Camper

Erika: I don't do them all at once. Mostly sets of 15 and 10 with a short rest inbetween. Started doing sets last July, added pullups and chinups and now burpees. Its helped the core strength. Hopefully improves the running. I'm getting caught up in the whole crossfit workout thing. I doubt I'll ever end up hitting a tire with a wood maul but alot of the old school workout moves really develope strength without adding bulk. Fast paced intervals and a high volume of reps. Instead of isolating muscles with weights you use normal things. Lifting sand in a tube off of the floor to the shoulders to an overhead press, then drop it to the floor and repeat. I stop the burpees around 15 reps now. It feels like the heart is going to come out of the chest. More interesting to me than running intervals. I'm hoping it will boost the anerobic conditioning.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Happy Camper

2nd run didn't happen. Had dinner plans and will go to a bball game soon so I needed to come home and let the dogs play. Oh well - this weekend run's should be good so that'll make up for it.
      Will this be a record week?

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

Erika: I don't do them all at once. Mostly sets of 15 and 10 with a short rest inbetween. Started doing sets last July, added pullups and chinups and now burpees. Its helped the core strength. Hopefully improves the running. I'm getting caught up in the whole crossfit workout thing. I doubt I'll ever end up hitting a tire with a wood maul but alot of the old school workout moves really develope strength without adding bulk. Fast paced intervals and a high volume of reps. Instead of isolating muscles with weights you use normal things. Lifting sand in a tube off of the floor to the shoulders to an overhead press, then drop it to the floor and repeat. I stop the burpees around 15 reps now. It feels like the heart is going to come out of the chest. More interesting to me than running intervals. I'm hoping it will boost the anerobic conditioning.
        515 is just nuts. Burpees are EEEEVVVVILLLL. One of our crossfit workouts was 150 burpees (with the pushup). You can make them even worse by adding a jumping chinup (from the burpee jump, you grasp a pullup bar at about 8 feet and do a chinup). There is a video on the web of a guy doing 100 burpee pullups. I got a little queazy just watching him.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

515 is just nuts. Burpees are EEEEVVVVILLLL. One of our crossfit workouts was 150 burpees (with the pushup). You can make them even worse by adding a jumping chinup (from the burpee jump, you grasp a pullup bar at about 8 feet and do a chinup). There is a video on the web of a guy doing 100 burpee pullups. I got a little queazy just watching him.
          A "chirpee" ! I would love to try it but at my current weight I'm afraid of pulling the door frame down. Cry

Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCPUS5hYGc4 This wasn't the one I was thinking of but you get the idea.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Isn't he cheating on the pullup? Not that you would ever catch me doing those... Big grin

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Wow P2R your amazing. I get bored with that stuff so easy. I use to take a class where the instructor would have us do lots of circuts of pushups, situps, kicks, etc.. There was a station for each and you moved fast from station to station. Way more then all by myself. My son has black belt test tomorrow. His cough is better. Roads are really bad tonight, it snowed. I was driving up a big hill in town and the cars ahead went so slow that when I could finally go I couldn't get up the hill. It was a narrow road, and cars were behind me. The worst place to turn around, I got turned around then couldn't stop for the red night. I was headed right for a cop car that was moving about 5 mph. I stopped about 8 feet past where I would have liked to, but no accident. At that point, I said, "Kids we're going home."

Bugs

Cashmason

Note to self: dont piss off Bugs kid with the black belt ( Yes I am sure he will get it) Hmm Shan has dinner plans and a ball game. Sounds like date night to me. Then am sure she will run home on her hands with the sneakers on the hands. Not sure if that will be at night or after breakfast. Kimmie, life isnt fair. My g/f does not make wise food choices. But she gets sick more often than I do. Runners are not supposed to get sick unless its taper time. 6.3 miles tonight on the treadmill, while my friend rode the indoor bike. Last 4 and half marathon pace.

Oh Mighty Wing

Hmm Shan has dinner plans and a ball game. Sounds like date night to me.
                    haha it involved 2 different girlfriends. It was a fun night... but sorry to disappoint - no date. MTA: awesome 10 miler today!
                      Of course it is fun going out with the girls, too. Hope you feel better soon, kimmie Recovery run for me this morning, then the RW core workout 5.1 miles, 46:30, 9:07/mi, AHR 134 (67% mhr) I need to get something to eat!

Cashmason

You ever get the feeling that our running Mom gives all the running advice and discipline, and the running girls, have the running dad wrapped around their little finger?

Oh Mighty Wing

You ever get the feeling that our running Mom gives all the running advice and discipline, and the running girls, have the running dad wrapped around their little finger?
                          I have always been a daddies girl...Smile
                          evanflein

Roll eyes
                            theyapper

On the road again...

Just back from a 10 miler. I could NOT believe the size of some of the hills I encountered. But, it's done. Next week is a cutback week for me. How much do you typically cutback? Is it a percentage or something? Thanks.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Just who is the running dad? Smile Nice run, TY. I guess cutback is maybe 10-15%. At least that is what I did my last cutback.