Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-9 (Read 331 times)

Bugs

Bugs, were you still debating running National? Why the.sad face?
    My 10 mile race for this weekend doesn't look good. Nobby was going to pace me. But we had freezing rain, then snow today. I think conditions will be crap and I will not go, or maybe just go and run with Nobby and not race. Nobby said I should try and find a half marathon. So I thought I'd fly and join you guys if I still could, cut of course it was a crap shot. I did 70 minute fartlek tonight, I feel like I barely got a workout. Guess that is fine, I was just suppose to "stretch out". I took kickboxing class two weeks ago, I was dead sick and should have been at home. Went to class last night and the girl I shared kicking paddle with had been sick all week long. I am a terrible terrible person. Sad MTA: I guess that is why Cash calls me a "fasthole", which sounds like a very ugly name I would never use. I'm not sure if Cash was calling me that or not...I got confussed.

Bugs

Bugs

I suppose I could register for the marathon and quit half way. Kim, what's the airport abreviation again? IAD = 50, 000 miles. $100 registration. Now that would be nuts..

Bugs

Bugs

I suppose I could register for the marathon and quit half way. Kim, what's the airport abreviation again? IAD = 50, 000 miles. $100 registration. Now that would be nuts..
        Bringing this idea up spouse, bad idea. Shan stay single. Asking for permission when you're 37 sucks.

Bugs

Bugs

Complete blizzard here now. Hope this weather is not headed to D.C. I found a 25K in the cities on April 4th. Entry Fee $4. I hope Nobby can run with me.

Bugs

Cashmason

Bugs, fasthole, just means you are fast, and slower people are jealous so you must be an a$$hole if you are faster than they are. It is a joke. They dont really mean you are an a$$hole. Kind of like when your friend can fit into her skinny jeans before you can, she becomes a b*tch for 5 minutes.
            Cashmason

Oh, and a 50 something guy, getting a chance to run with a cute 37 year old woman. Ya he will be there if he can fit it into his schedule.
                Dave - business trip the week before a marathon really stinks. I hope you can make the race. Speaking of National Half/Marathon, are there any plans to meet? We'll be at the expo Friday night around 6pm and will eat dinner somewhere. Even though we're local we plan to stay the weekend and do some sightseeing, so we'll be around after the race as well. Got up early this morning: 11.1 miles, 1:34:22, 8:30/mi, AHR 149 (75% mhr) miles@pace(AHR) = 4@8:57(138), 2@8:42(147), 5.10@8:04(159)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Dave - business trip the week before a marathon really stinks. I hope you can make the race. Speaking of National Half/Marathon, are there any plans to meet? We'll be at the expo Friday night around 6pm and will eat dinner somewhere. Even though we're local we plan to stay the weekend and do some sightseeing, so we'll be around after the race as well.
                  Lou, my post was pretty confusing. The business trip is before the relay and that is the one DW isn't happy about. Marathon is still no problem assuming I can shake this cold/chest congestion stuff. Plans for meeting up at National are still up in the air. I may not be able to link up at the expo but would certainly like to get together morning of/after.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Oh, and a 50 something guy, getting a chance to run with a cute 37 year old woman. Ya he will be there if he can fit it into his schedule.
                    Oh, I don't know about this one Cash. I mean, from a personal standpoint, being seen with someone attractive, 10 years + younger than myself in public would just crush my self image and shatter my self esteem.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

theyapper

On the road again...

3rd day of LHR training runs - nice, relaxed 5 miles. The slow pace does seem to aggravate my knee, though. That's the only downside to these runs so far. Looks like you had a great run, Lou. Nice way to start the day.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

I think he likes Asian chicks. Am I a idiot-hole for meeting up with Internet guy I have never met because I don't want to try and figure out how to drive to the race start in Minneapolis? If you can't trust Nobby who can you trust on these forums?

Bugs

Dave

If you can't trust Nobby who can you trust on these forums?
                          Certainly no one in here Evil grin I just can't help but think that internet predators have better things to do than hang around running websites. Sure, they have a good chance of a reasonably fit victim but the people you link up with in real life on here generally have been posting for years before you meet them. Its just not a very efficient use of the predators time. Not with all the other options available. You are not an idiot. Nobby's credentials are pretty easy to check. Cash on the other hand isn't even his real name and I have no idea who P2R is.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Am I a idiot-hole for meeting up with Internet guy I have never met because I don't want to try and figure out how to drive to the race start in Minneapolis? If you can't trust Nobby who can you trust on these forums?
                            umm I drove 800 miles to stay with a people i only knew on the internet, I drove an hour to meet up with someone I only know on the internet, so really these RAers have been safe so far!

Bugs

umm I drove 800 miles to stay with a people i only knew on the internet, I drove an hour to meet up with someone I only know on the internet, so really these RAers have been safe so far!
                              Shan, we all know you live life on the edge and I am the forever planner. I was told the snow will melt. 10 mile Race on for Saturday.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - i'm a planner - just of crazy events! LOL