Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/11 (Read 411 times)

Bugs

this guy needs a chiropractor. I past him, i thought you rock dude. seriously. no cheating, guess his marathon finish time?

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We have gone to washing running clothes every day, so they don't smell. But we both sweat plenty... PS: Bugs, re photo: Looks like he's walking -- 6hrs?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Yeah, 6 hours sounds about right to me. What I don't understand is how you passed him. Did he start too far up front? Pam - sorry about your dog. Well sorry about all the other things, too, but I know it must be really hard to see your dog really sick like that. I haven't done push-ups or sit-ups for a while, but I still think I'd have no problems with those, or the run. At 52, 14:42 would be a piece of cake. IRC this morning -- 41° so long sleeves, but still a beautiful morning 5.1 miles, 46:02, 9:02/mi, AHR 134 (69% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

I'm not sure I understand the wholing wearing clothes twice stuff. My gymn has plastic bags to put your sweaty clothes in after a workout. My wife has almost refused to open them they're so bad. Beautiful morning here today. Getting ready to go out on a "farewell" run with one of my best buddies from work. He's going to Kuwait for a year in a couple of weeks. He's done a 10 mile race and training runs with me up to 9. Will do 13.1 today together as a send off (I've already passed off a lot of my work to my replacement). Will be sorry to see him go but not as sorry as his wife and 4 kids. Easy runs, everyone!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dave - I know it was asked, but I'm not sure I remember when you are leaving the DC area -- was it early July? Anyhow, I was thinking... before you leave it'd be fun to have a team blister group run some weekend before you leave, for anyone who can get to the DC metropolitan area. I'm thinking at least you, me, Kim, maybe Perry and Shan (not sure how far they are from DC), although all would be welcome of course. Who is in? We can negotiate dates here or in private email -- private email is probably better not sure everyone wants to watch that.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Hey- I'm totally in for that.... What a great idea. And we could run the Mall or the Mount Vernon trail... I'm sure Dave knows more options. Maybe email would be good for date coordination... If you watch Biggest loser, you saw that the 64 year old guy won the at home prize of highest % of weight loss and then 48 year old woman won the grand prize.... unbelievable. Sorry to hear about your friend being deployed, Dave- I have great respect for you and all of the men and women who serve our country. Sounds like you're going to have a great farewell run. I couldn't get up early to run this morning.... am I big baby? I don't know... all I know is that I just can't seem to get enough sleep and I'm going to run later today. Whenever I get a real job, this running in the middle of the day's not going to work. I plan to run TO the gym for 40 minutes, then take a 60 minute Body Pump class, and then run home. Hope that works.
              evanflein

What an awesome picture of Shan and Bugs! Wow, those smiles just light up the room, don't they? You ladies are gorgeous! Pam, I sure hope your dog gets better. I hate it when the pets are sick, they can't tell you what's wrong and just lie there looking pathetic. Good luck with your runs, too. I'm thinking a 5k right before a marathon (as in... days) is a little much, but if you don't go all out it should be ok. I totally emphathize with the hectic schedule though... been there, still doing that! Dave is speedy. Two miles is a good distance for a test, IMO. A group run in DC sounds fun! Hope you guys can pull a good group together. One of the downsides of living soooo far away from everything, I have to watch those things from afar. Can't reply to everyone, but I did read up on all your going's on. Hope Murphy is ok, haven't heard from him for awhile? You guys are doing great and looking forward to some upcoming race reports!! I had PT yesterday, and she gave me some good core/hip stabilizer exercises to do. She's impressed with my recovery so far and asked if I'd been running. I said, no, I was told not to for awhile. She looked surprised. Like runners are never going to do what you tell them to do! Heh, well we'll keep it up for another week and then start easy running next week. Knock on wood I can get back in marathon shape by June 27. Goal revised from possible PR attempt to just finishing in good form.

Dave

Erika, hope you manage to meet the 27 June date and your body cooperates. The mind is clearly willing. I'm up for the group run. Hopefully we can find a weekend date that works with everyone's schedule. The route we took this morning would be almost perfect for a group get together. 13.3 this morning in 1:56. Very steady. Beautiful weather and got to see pretty much all the monuments which is nice. Got yelled at by a Capitol policeman over near the Supreme Court building. He was directing foot traffic and waited until we were right on him before getting pretty ramped up. Guess it wouldn't be a DC run without something like that.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Pam so sorry to hear about your dog. Hope she gets better. My dog is 18 and isnt eating very much the last couple of days. Other than that she seems fine, but I am worried. Lou, you have ruined me. One of the stocks on my watch list is ticker symbol WRB ( W.R. Berkley Co.) Everytime I see it, I think Will Run for Beer. I talk about stocks by how I pronounce their ticker symbol, not the real name of the company. All my trading friends understand, my other friends think I am nuts. But they think I am nuts for running anything over a mile too.

Bugs

I'm not sure I understand the wholing wearing clothes twice stuff. My gymn has plastic bags to put your sweaty clothes in after a workout. My wife has almost refused to open them they're so bad.
                      No time to wash clothes. Guess I need to a wife to wash my clothes.

Bugs

Kimmie

Cash- that's funny..... I saw a team at my relay that was called Will Run For Beer.... I forgot to tell Lou about that. Re: clothes- I rewear clothes.... depends how bad they are.... non- running related topic: What's a good marinade for fish? I am determined to have an enthusiastic response from my loverly DH about dinner.

Happy Camper

Kimmie: What species of fish? Crappie, Bass, Walleye, Northern Pike, etc I like to bread and deep fry in peanut oil. When grilling,(trout, walleye, northern pike) I like to use foil packs. Take butter, green onions, lemon pepper, salt, herbal seasonings and wrap with fish in aluminum foil packs. Cook on low heat. Fish will be done when the side dishes are ready. Hard to over or undercook in the packs. Anything cajun starts with 4 sticks of butter per fish. Tongue

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Anything cajun starts with 4 sticks of butter per fish. Tongue
                            Dead
                            Kimmie

wow pace...I should have posted this earlier, so I could have tried some of those... next time. I grilled salmon and marinated it in lime juice, and lots of spices. Very yummy.
                              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I had a big hamburger at Five Guys and should be stuffed, but after coming home and mowing, and then reading your discussion of fish and marinade, mmmmmmmm

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.