Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/11 (Read 411 times)

Dave

That's serious business, Pace. Awesome.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm envious of the Ozark trail run -- I've been down there, but never for running, only for canoeing and whatnot. But I'm not envious enough to go sign up for some exorbitantly ridiculously long run Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Pace, Holy ship that's a long flippin way to run. Sell your car, just run everywhere to train.

Bugs

Cashmason

Pace, You are even more nuts than the rest of us. For Erika Regrow Cartilage? Scientists at MIT have created a new technology that stimulates growth of bone and cartilage that could transform the way surgeons treat conditions like degenerative joint disease or osteoarthritis. The method is currently in clinical trials in Europe. Read the full article here. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/149667.php
          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Had that drink to wish you well, so now you gotta go have a good time at grandma's Bugs. Gee don't we sound like cousins now....

evanflein

Cash, you're so sweet. I liked that other web site you sent me, too. I went to Anchorage to do a presentation on our health and wellness plan at their staff development day. That sort of stuff just ties my stomach in knots. Glad it's done. Now, I'm packing for my trip to Denver for the weekend. Yep, strapped for cash and I'm flying to Denver to be with DH for his company's annual award dinner. He's still a relative newcomer to the firm and it's important to him that I be there. So... off I go. Not taking my Mac, and his pc is dead (he left the power cord at the hotel in Detroit... didn't want to buy a new one on the road Confused ) so I'll be offline for a few days. Have a good weekend, team. Pam, go kick some butt.
              Kimmie

Have fun Erika! Good luck Pam! I don't think we have another one racing this weekend, do we? Pace- I have a friend running in a 100 mile race this weekend- totally awesome. I just had the best run ever.... on trails, shady, lots of wildlife- saw a huge snake... decided to explore and ended up with 8 miles, I think? Just a really good run... but I should have brought water. It's 80 outside right now. Have a good one all.
                AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... on trails, shady, lots of wildlife- saw a huge snake... ...
                  Aha, you needed to be wearing a webcam on that run Smile

Bugs

GOOD LUCK PAM!!!

Bugs

Good luck, Pam! Today is my runniversary (4th) but I didn't get to run this morning. Instead we went to dawndaughter2's graduation -- she now has a masters of social work. And a job! Woohoo! After 4 years, I still feel quite like a noobie. Too much of a noob to even think about considering Ozark. Wow! I'm definitely impressed.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Hope all goes well, Pam. Happy running anniversary, Lou. An exciting 3 miles in a thunderstorm. Shocked

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

That race just puts my 100 miler to shame Sad Glad to see I'm not the only one who will spend all summer long trainging for something that hopefully won't break me. THANKS EVERYONE!!!!! I am so ready for this race! As much as I've enjoyed running my previous marathons I really hope I can get past enjoying and actually race it. I worry in a way that I've spent too much time enjoying my running that I won't have it in me to get outside my comfort zone. I think that's why I'm drawn to ultras. I'm built for endurance not sure about speed. Guess I'll find out! Have a great weekend everyone!! BTW bugs GREAT Photo's! LOVE the one with you and Shan crossing the finish line. You look like you were having so much fun!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good luck, Pam! Today is my runniversary (4th) but I didn't get to run this morning. Instead we went to dawndaughter2's graduation -- she now has a masters of social work. And a job! Woohoo! After 4 years, I still feel quite like a noobie. Too much of a noob to even think about considering Ozark. Wow! I'm definitely impressed.
                            Happy Runningiversary!! My 4th is coming up soon too! CONGRATS to dawndaughter2!!! I've thought about going into social work myself.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hope all goes well, Pam. Happy running anniversary, Lou. An exciting 3 miles in a thunderstorm. Shocked
                              I'm hoping I don't have an "exciting" 26.2 mile run in a thunderstorm on SUnday! Way to get your run in Paul!

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Shirts!? That would be awesome. Does mine need to be a different color since I'm sorta part timer here these days? You know how the half marathon and marathon shirts are usually different? Tongue Taper is taking hold. I'm running strong and relaxed. My easy pace has been 20-40 seconds faster than typical. Bayshore is a week from tomorrow. I've never felt this confident going into a race before.