Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/27 (Read 336 times)

Dave

dave - where is our summary???
    Absolutely no rest for the wicked. Good thing I'm off work. Last week was another banner week for Team Blister with lots of miles run all around and some serious season skipping weather. Spring decided to take the year off and we skipped right to summer. Except in Boston, where it was still the tail end of winter. Boston brought mixed results with Lou scoring a great PR and running perhaps the happiest damn marathon I've ever seen. Had I seen him at the 20 mile mark, I might have tripped him intentionally just to wipe that smile off his face. But I'm only bitter because my own marathon conditions were so tough. Kimmie and P2R had a great time on a relay race, met for the first time in person (would be interesting to do a who's met who graphic), and ran very strongly. Shan is almost single handedly trying to keep the american automobile industry in business logging more miles in her car than I've logged in the last year on RA. Back to Nashville for the CMM and running in the face of a lingering injury. In oppressive heat. Team Blister had a banner day in Toledo despite the oppressive northern Ohio April heat (never thought I'd have to type that). Jeremy came within 2 minutes of a HM PR and finished 3rd in his age group. The biggest surprise came later when I found out that my fast start and slightly less shuffling finish was good for 2nd place in my age group in the marathon. And to be fair, a truly pathetic age group it must have been. This was only made a little worst by the fact that the winner of the marathon set a worlds record for fastest marathon wearing a costume (in his case dressed as Rocky Balboa, complete with boxing gloves and a black wig). For real. http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/photocard.aspx?pc=7F7C5065687134E824CEEBFE7579D59E Today's summary just talks about the racers. We've got MrI starting to taper for his next marathon soon and hopefully some cooler weather for some PR and BQ races at Bayshore coming up. Here's the weekly damage with our usual high mileage knuckleheads at the top. AmoresPerros 73.3 Mi 10:36:07 rockenmamof5 64.3 Mi 10:13:02 jhallum 64 Mi 8:24:46 DanMoriarity 52.2 Mi 6:43:18 WillRunForBeer 47.7 Mi 6:47:33 dgb2n 41.4 Mi 5:58:47 pace2race 40.3 Mi 6:16:50 Bugs 40.3 Mi 1d 22hr Mr Inertia 38.1 Mi 5:48:53 dcv2002 35.4 Mi 4:17:53 Cashmason 33.5 Mi 5:13:43 VixiDu 33 Mi 5:23:50 Dutchie42 28.1 Mi 5:08:02 Joe Nation 27.1 Mi 5:01:24 HuskerB 26.6 Mi 4:19:25 JellyFish* 26.2 Mi 5:34:52 Kimmie 23.6 Mi 3:52:33 old-runner 23.5 Mi 3:13:49 theyapper66 20.9 Mi 4:39:50 evanflein 13.3 Mi 1:58:30

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Had I seen him at the 20 mile mark, I might have tripped him intentionally just to wipe that smile off his face.
      Now THAT's funny! Thanks, Dave. I'll be bringing up the rear on the mileage tallies for awhile I think.

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - it's about time - ugh I meant thanks!!! Big grin Pam - I forgot to thank you for providing the group the updates on me!! Smile and nice racing people!!!!
          Dave - it's about time - ugh I meant thanks!!! Big grin Pam - I forgot to thank you for providing the group the updates on me!! Smile and nice racing people!!!!
          YWSmile though if there ever is a next time YOU need to be the one to do it Smile I wasn't sure I should but since you've been with them for so long they deserved to know. If I overstepped SORRY Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hey I got me a half this Sunday and am starting my taper for Run for the Red (May 17) soon Cool Looks like I started tapering a bit earlier than planed Confused

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Can't wait to hear more details from Pace... I think I will write a report later when I have more than 2 minutes at a time. Felt great Saturday night and Sunday- just a little tired.... today: totally tired... almost like it took some time for the adrenaline to wear off and fatigue to set in. Smile thanks for the update, Dave. I no longer feel bad about having such low weekly mileage... I just don't.... everyone's different and it seems to work for me. I need a new goal , though...

Oh Mighty Wing

Pam - you did not overstep at all! You gave them enough to let them know i was alive and well and saved the details for me. Thank you for that. And life does seem to provide cut-backs even if we aren't ready for them to happen, but the hay is in the barn already - you will do great!
                I no longer feel bad about having such low weekly mileage... I just don't.... everyone's different and it seems to work for me.
                now that is music to my ears!

Bugs

Take care of that achilles, Bugs. Those can be buggars to heal up.
                  I think most of us have an area that likes to scream at us know and then and half the battle is knowing what fixes it. This one graston has fixed 5-6 times with one treatment. I'm not worried. I biked at noon, but I'm keeping it moving. Most of those injuries doing nothing isn't the best treatment.

Bugs

Note to self: avoid any marathons where Dave is anywhere near. Tongue

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Note to self: avoid any marathons where Dave is anywhere near. Tongue
                      No need for that. Just show a little fatigue Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Bugs 40.3 Mi 1d 22hr
                        Now that's some easy running. I'm not that slow. Big grin

Bugs

HEY ALL. havent run at all. My back feels 100%. Marathon Sunday. At least I can say I know what Im getting into. Been in this situation before. Gonna go into it like I did Columbus last year. Will Run/Walk at least through the early hills. Just gonna have fun. Not gonna sweat over my time.

Bugs

Murphy, Great to hear from you. Glad your back is better.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

It's nice to see our wayward folk return from their injuries, wb Murph and Shan! Nice to see you again! Warm here again today, 80 at run time. Did what we used to call a Roger Run in high school, named after the kid who started it. Just pick a direction and start running. Come home when you feel like it. Run easy, and don't kill yourself. Did that and then some. Though I did manage 9 miles somehow. Now sure how that happened, but it felt good. Almost too good. Maybe I should have run harder yesterday. Shocked

Oh Mighty Wing

HEY ALL. havent run at all. My back feels 100%. Marathon Sunday. At least I can say I know what Im getting into. Been in this situation before. Gonna go into it like I did Columbus last year. Will Run/Walk at least through the early hills. Just gonna have fun. Not gonna sweat over my time.
                                sounds like a smart plan Murphy! it's how I went into CMM. Sometimes it's just the way it needs to go!