Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/27 (Read 336 times)

Thanks Erika and Kimmie! We'll see. We'll see how it goes. It is supposed to be cool, hopefully the rain holds off--not a big deal to me if it does rain. I ran in similar shape in Dayton last year, and if not for the heat and a bit too fast of a pace I would have put down a decent time. I'm going to run comfortably, and see what happens. I also plan to post a couple times from the course during walk breaks.

Bugs

Man am I bumbed about NOT getting my race in. I went through such a scheduling headache getting it in, and my husband is already on edge about running, I just feel like I'm going to use one of my running passes tomorrow. Call all my male fast friends, who's wifes I thought trusted me, all busy. Will head out the door for a very fast self paced run. Shouldn't be a problem, Dave does it every other day, I can do it once. Smile

Bugs

Kimmie

sorry, Bugs, I'm confused. You had TWO 5Ks today? And tonight you're not going to race it, because you can't find a pacer? just curious if I'm understanding you correctly. I say, you should go run it tonight- But I don't think I understand what your plan is.... I do understand the trickiness of balancing keeping the hubby happy- and wanting to race. Had a great turnout for my beginner group this morning... ran 2.5 miles with them and then added on... to make 8.5 total for me. I tried to catch up to my running group, but they were way up there. They caught me on the way back and I got some speed work in- mostly because I tried to stay with these guys who are much faster than me. That was so fun. 7:20- last 2 miles.
          Let me see if I've been paying enough attention. Bugs had a race scheduled today, but found out too late that this caused a problem for a karate promotion for one of her kids (he (she?) was missing a tournament which was needed as a pre-req for the belt test). Then it turned out the dang race was on a lumpy route, which I would avoid as well -- too much risk with the upcoming marathon. So she jogged it and is trying to set up another 5K this weekend, either a fast training run with a pacer or another race, to get in the workout which was originally planned. Am I getting that right?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Lou, You got it all right. Instead of ticking off my husband and being gone half a day tomorrow to run a 5K in the cities, I got a fast friend to pace/race me for a timed 5K run tonight. Ran tonight, 5K race results: 22:54. (11:00 at the half) Not quite an official PR, but comparing courses I know it is a personal best. A few smaller hills, and the last one really slowed me down, and good dose of wind. Basically a PR, although having a personal pacer helps! MTA: My shoe came untied about 1/3 into my 'race', and kept running. That's didn't help push the ground. Smile My secret goal..under 23:00.. Would have cried if over 24:00, so I'm very happy. I was 1st female also. Smile

Bugs

Way to go, Bugs. You got a really good tempo session in with that run (you're fast!)

Cashmason

But did you get a race shirt and a medal? Wink
                  Wow, is it early. Nice cool morning, no rain as of yet. I'm off.

Dave

Way to go, Bugs. You got a really good tempo session in with that run (you're fast!)
                    Since she didn't take the day away from the family tomorrow, I think DH should buy her one. Or something made of precious metal. Mother's day is coming up Big grin Good luck today, Murph!

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Cash, I got my shirt from the morning race. Lou, Thanks..the guy I ran with was fast. I was breathing so hard, and not even a workout for him. He runs about 25 mpw. Sad Dave, these marathons are on Mother's Day and Father's Day weekends. Any precious metals will be from crossing the finishing line.

Bugs

Hail to The Victors!

Lou, You got it all right. Instead of ticking off my husband and being gone half a day tomorrow to run a 5K in the cities, I got a fast friend to pace/race me for a timed 5K run tonight. Ran tonight, 5K race results: 22:54. (11:00 at the half) Not quite an official PR, but comparing courses I know it is a personal best. A few smaller hills, and the last one really slowed me down, and good dose of wind. Basically a PR, although having a personal pacer helps! MTA: My shoe came untied about 1/3 into my 'race', and kept running. That's didn't help push the ground. Smile My secret goal..under 23:00.. Would have cried if over 24:00, so I'm very happy. I was 1st female also. Smile
                        Nice work Bugs! It's pretty inspired to make a workout like that fit into your schedule. Nice to see things are starting to pay off!
                        Kimmie

Awesome Bugs! It's great when someone can pace you- push you along like that. Hope Murphy, Shan, and Pam are enjoying their races right now. I have friends who are running Frederick today. What a great run I just had... Sunday tends to be a rest day for me... went out last night, had some beer with people in my running group, they mentioned they were meeting up this morning for a run. I debated, but actually got up and went over to where we meet but they were already gone- I was late- like 2 or 3 minutes- So, it's raining and I'm sitting in my car... whining to myself about not wanting to run in the rain again... blah, blah, blah.... but I made myself get out of the car and go... actually made a deal with myself that if I still didn't want to be running when I was one mile in, I would turn around, and you know what happened.... ended up with 5 miles and it was fun, splashing in the puddles, Smile We watched Slumdog Millionare last night and loved it... I can see why it's won so many awards. Dave, I saw you write on FB that you were going to watch it.. What did you think?
                            Well the plan was to meet Candice, but I guess we got our wires crossed. I had confirmation of a 7am meeting, but then I tried to change the time to 8. I hadn't heard confirmation so I went down at 7, waited until 8:10, called her cell, then left at 8:15. There was a plan for our family to meet for breakfast so I cut my run short to 3 miles. I would have missed that if Candice had shown up. Maybe she had second thoughts on how safe it is to meet some guy you only know from the internet for a run, which is completely understandable -- or maybe we were both just confused. Anyway, I was in a bit of a hurry to get back for breakfast so I ran a little fast -- not too fast, though. 3.1 miles, 26:44, 8:36/mi, AHR 151 (77% MHR) Hope all our racers are doing well. I heard it might be raining in Frederick -- not sure about that though. wunderground.com says 55° and light rain, which doesn't sound too bad for Perry. Did Dave decide to run it?

Bugs

It is a gorgeous day today, perfect weather no wind, perfect day for racing or fishing, but I'm glad I arranged my running so DH could fish. I'm loosing my patience for these little small town races. Seems half of them either have a stupid course, or a volunteer mis-directs the runners. There are better bigger races in the cities and I think they will be my new focus post marathon.

Bugs

Dave

No. I figured I better scale it back a bit, although I did feel recovered enough to cover the distance (saying that without actually doing it is a whole lot easier). Steady rain this morning put me on the treadmill for 5 miles. Got bored and did 2x1 mile interval at 7:18 pace. Just dripping with sweat. Next week is a new week. Looking forward to hearing from our racers this weekend.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com