Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/27 (Read 336 times)

TY - you weren't even close. I'd almost finished my run by 5:45 Tongue
    Perry- I think that you've run Frederick before, so you may know this already, but just make sure you get there SUPER early- there is no easy way to get into the stadium once traffic starts backing up.
    I agree with everything, except don't go to the stadium. They moved the course in the last couple of years, so the start/finish is at the fairgrounds (on Patrick Street). I'm sure Perry knows this already, though Smile Still I'm guessing the traffic is bound to back up, and people will have a hard time making the start on time due to the confusion.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

fairgrounds... knew that, but said stadium instead... good job on the run... think of me when I'm running in 90 degrees tonight. Smile

Bugs

Bugs: My only goal mara this year so far was LPRM, which went well (7min PR). I did National 2 weeks later on lark and had a lot of fun, and intend on doing 3 more, but none for goal times. This coming week Frederick (goal = distance), in the fall Baltimore (accompany wife on her first mara), and then around Thanksgiving Rehoboth (accompany both wife & sister who are relaying it).
        Another crazy runner in the group. God help us. Big grin

Bugs

Ok I must be sick lol I'm thinking of not running today. Wonder how a low milage week will effect my marathon in 3 weeks. Not sure why, but I'm feeling lazy today and not wanting to do a whole lot. Of course once the kids get home we're pretty busy until bedtime. Hmmmmmmm should I run before they get home, should I run after they go to bed or should I just go with my feeling lazy and take the day off?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Cashmason

If Perry is running beyond marathon distance, I sense an ultra coming up. Love that Lou's recovery runs are 30 seconds slower than marathon pace.

Dave

Wonder how a low milage week will effect my marathon in 3 weeks. Hmmmmmmm should I run before they get home, should I run after they go to bed or should I just go with my feeling lazy and take the day off?
              Probably no effect. Possibly even might improve it as an early start to your taper. Listen to your body, Pam. Smile

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Has anyone heard of the Johnstown, PA marathon? Harriet and I are thinking of doing that, as it's two weeks before the Rhode Island marathon we've already planned, and we are trying to get maniac status. That's the only one we can find which is within driving distance (~ 3 hours).

Probably no effect. Possibly even might improve it as an early start to your taper. Listen to your body, Pam. Smile
                  my body is ready for a nap so I think I'm going to listen to it. I don't do well in the heat *sigh* Thanks Dave!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

never heard of it but hmmmmmmmm I think I'll check into it since it's PA and see if it's local enough for me Smile

evanflein

Pam, if you're thinking of not running today, you might just need the rest. With the marathon coming up so soon, your training is pretty much done. If you need a rest, take it now. 30 minutes of pool running last night. Got up this morning and felt great. Really. Better than I've felt in many weeks. Now that I'm sitting at my desk for awhile though, that tight sore feeling is coming back in my right hip. I wonder if I need a new chair, or a lumbar support on this one. I would bet that 85% of my problem comes from my work chair and airplane seats. Hard to focus on good posture all the time, but I think it's helping. Haven't heard from Murphy in ages... is everything ok? Pig is this weekend? It's a Saturday race, right? Balancing work, family, spouse, home and running. Sometimes it's just too much. I am taking advantage of this "break" to catch up on some stuff around the house. I'd sure like to get the lawn raked soon. Now that the snow is off it's just brown dead looking grass with birch twigs and dead leaves. And dog $hit. Good lord. And my kids are totally worthless when it comes to helping out around the house/yard. It's really frustrating. Anyone know any tips besides tasers?

Dave

Anyone know any tips besides tasers?
                        Nope. I was going to say tasers and you took my line.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Wonder how a low milage week will effect my marathon in 3 weeks.
                          Define "low mileage week" for you. 60 miles? Tongue Regardless, I am sure you have whatever hay you need already in the barn.
                          Love that Lou's recovery runs are 30 seconds slower than marathon pace.
                          Now wait a minute -- today's run was a) 36 seconds slower than MP, and b) I put it at "general aerobic" on the log, so that's all that matters. Hey, Bugs - Harriet and I are going to be in Minneapolis this weekend. I set up something with Candice and Ben for Sunday morning (7ish). I realized after I started the back and forth with Candice that you're in the area, sort of -- looks like you're 1.5 hours away though. But are you interested in meeting us and running 6 miles or so? (Full disclosure -- Harriet probably won't run with us as she wants to get as much family time as she can)

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - more details on the Johnstown marathon please - or at least the date for that weekend! Pam - if you are feeling lazy you probably need the rest. it's not normal for you to not feel like running!! haha
                              Define "low mileage week" for you. 60 miles? Tongue Regardless, I am sure you have whatever hay you need already in the barn.
                              yep probably somewhere around 60. NOT that that's exactly "low" however it's lower than I would have liked. With the added activities the twins have after school I'm "enjoying" this heat way too much. Like you said hays in the barn!

Lou - more details on the Johnstown marathon please - or at least the date for that weekend! Pam - if you are feeling lazy you probably need the rest. it's not normal for you to not feel like running!! haha
                                sometime in October though they haven't announced it. oh I know I need the rest lol. My day is going to be hectic from the time the twins get home until we get home to get them in bed and that will probably be around 9. I need 2 of me. Just thinking about all that has me tired and lazy. That and the fact that until I'm acclimated to heat my body will not be happy. You would think I wouldn't be so stubborn and let dh turn the AC on full blast but nooooooo.