Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/27 (Read 336 times)

Great photos, Kim and Dave. Kim - we ran in Gettysburg when dawndaughter2 graduated from the college there -- very nice runs around the battlefields. Dave - you looked pretty fresh at 20, I'd say. I can't wait to get the photos from Boston to show you how I really looked when I wasn't ready for the camera. Roll eyes

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

great photo's!!! I'm trying to resist the urge to do 2 a days this week. But it's hard... maybe by Thursday I can reevaluate and get in 2 days of 2 a days! Anyway, I'm just trying to ease into the mileage. So far so good!
        Good patience, Shan. Hope your foot is getting better. Today's run was my first semi-fast run since Boston, at about MP: 6.1 miles, 49:21, 8:04/mi, AHR 154 (79% MHR) I'm starving!

Kimmie

Very pastoral! Nice place to run... but it's sort of a bummer to have so much of it be on the roads all the time. Makes me want to do another relay!
          It was on roads... but many were dirt roads... Thanks for showing me how to post pictures, Lou. I never knew how to do it before. There were so many that my friends took, I resisted the urge to post more. It's so cool to see pictures of someone running fast. (not me, the others) Paul- good job on 1000 miles! Perry- that open water swimming sounds crazy. I didn't know you were a triathlete. I definitely don't think I'm going to be up at Frederick... after discussing with DH last night- not a good weekend to try to squeeze one more thing in. Ran with my group last night- 6 miles in 50 minutes... everyone was talking about the relay. Afterwards, we went to a bar to celebrate... very fun. Have a good one!

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - thanks! I'm trying haha it actually feels A TON better today. Really I think it's going well! If this week goes well (and the race this weekend) I should be back in full swing next week.
            theyapper

On the road again...

Today was my last run for the month - tomorrow's a rest day. Ran just a bit under 6 miles. Enjoyed seeing all the pictures. Thanks to all the posters!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Dave - you looked pretty fresh at 20, I'd say.
                I knew Rick was taking the picture and didn't want to look too beat up Smile Sort of the same deal as your pic. I may take another rest day today but I'm starting to get the itch to run again. I'm starting to have crazy notions of running Frederick HM pop into my head too. Great running Yapper.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

I'm not ready to close out my April log at just 114.3 miles. Not just yet... but the most I'd add is 2-3 so I guess it doesn't really matter. I think one of my biggest hindrances in backing off and taking it easy is seeing all that blank space in my log. Should probably just take that charting feature off so it doesn't stare at me every time I go log another elliptical session. Angry Gorgeous weather we're having this week, and I'd love to be out running in it. Best weather of the year, and I'm laid up. Can you tell I'm getting a little grouchy?
                  Kimmie

Sorry you're grouchy, Erika. Try to hang in there. You will get better in no time.
                      GREAT PICTURES!!!! Thanks for sharing! Sorry to hear your laid up and can't enjoy the gorgeous weather Erika!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

got in an nice 11.5 mile run this afternoon. Thankfully it was nice and "cool" today. I may or may not run after dh gets home depends on what our plans are once he gets home. I was hoping to have a 3rd over 300 mile month however it's "just a number" and it won't break my races if it doesn't happen. Looking forward to this weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

You're right, Pam. We can't let the numbers drive our running, although I think many of us have that tendency. Beautiful morning -- 49°F - no wind, no rain -- perfect. Too bad I had such a short run planned. 3.1 miles, 28:21, 9:01/mi, AHR 131 (67% MHR)

Oh Mighty Wing

3.5 last night. Slept in this morning and will run this afternoon. MTA: oh and on last nights run I FELT NOTHING!!! sweet!!!
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

JF: Great news. I hope you can manage to resist the tendency to jump back into doing 2-3 marathons a week immediately Smile We found out why my wife's paces slowed down and she's been having trouble with nausea in races and in practice -- anemia. Iron tablets starting now.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Oh Mighty Wing

JF: Great news. I hope you can manage to resist the tendency to jump back into doing 2-3 marathons a week immediately Smile We found out why my wife's paces slowed down and she's been having trouble with nausea in races and in practice -- anemia. Iron tablets starting now.
                                AP - I have no idea what you are talking about I credit CMM and starting to run again to my recovery - no i'm not kidding. And yes I will be at some 'thon some where this weekend. And I'm glad to hear that your wife figured out what was going on.