Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/27 (Read 336 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Are you jumping back into multiple in a weekend? Really, the running a lot helped the recovery?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

Geez, Perry, at first I thought you were going to say she was pregnant! Anemia is much easier to fix...

Oh Mighty Wing

Are you jumping back into multiple in a weekend? Really, the running a lot helped the recovery?
        Not multiple for a little bit of time... but 1 a weekend yes definitely. Course if a good double comes my way I wouldn't necessarily turn it down... Evil grin And yes I think, FOR ME (that's my caveot), that it was imperative and had I taken another week off I would still be in pain. What I have learned and what I need to remember to listen to above all else is that I need to move otherwise my body tightens up.

Dave

Glad to see you back out there, JF. Of course, you're always a little out there Big grin 4.4 for me today at a VERY slow pace to run with an out of shape friend. For the first time after a marathon, I've had no trouble with going down stairs or anything else. Very little soreness. Strange.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

hey.... haha thanks!!! I should be getting out there more soon... this week i'm keeping it light... next week look for me to be back to normal.

Hail to The Victors!

Shan, glad to hear you're improving! Perry, good thing they've got that sussed out. How long before the symptoms go away for something like that? 14 easy today. Feel's weird not having a hard workout this week, but then I remember that Sunday's race counts. Cracked 1000 for the year yesterday! Before April 30th, too. If you had told me that would happen anytime over the last 4-5 years I think I would have laughed at you. Crazy.
                may take another day off. THIS is what I love about having a race this weekend. I can just do what I feel like. Maybe I'm weird but I swear I can feel my muscles repairing and in a way I feel if I go out and run it will stop. Weird I know. HOWEVER I'm more for building my legs to be stronger than I am to breaking them kwim? I may go out after dh comes home however I probably won't. DD is grounded for a week from playing with her friends and she's going to need some distraction. Hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

congrats on your 1,000 miles already Jeremy!! Nice run you got in today! I think an alien has switched bodies with me cause I'm not having any problem taking the day off (second one this week).

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Good luck on whatever marathon you're running Shan! Good luck to you too, Pam! Go Murphy!! Did I miss anyone? Glad to hear that you and your DW got that figured out, Perry. It took me awhile to figure out the anemia thing for me. I am running tonight, doing intervals with a 15 year old that wants to get faster. (I'm friends with her parents) They had no idea what pace she runs... so this might be really interesting.... hope I can keep up with her. If not, I'll just send her forward and tell her to turn around. Smile Dave, I bet you're not sore because you had to slow down due to the heat. That happened to me after Chicago and New York- it felt like I hadn't even run a marathon- because my pace was so much slower than normal.
                    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You can also alternate the intervals - I mean, run them like a relay. She runs a 400, then rests while you run a 400, and so on. Whoever runs faster gets more rest (b/c that is how it works out).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

DD is grounded for a week from playing with her friends and she's going to need some distraction.
                        A week? Wow... what'd she do? (nothing illegal, I hope... Big grin ) It's 70°F outside and sunny... glad I found the screens and installed them this morning. Our house was so warm and stuffy last night it made it hard to sleep well. We have mosquitoes out already (cursed beasts!) so can't just open the windows without screens. DH is going to Anchorage this afternoon till tomorrow night. Got the night to myself! (well, besides the kids...) Not sure what to do with myself but I bet I'll be raking the lawn and picking up dog $hit at some point.... Do I know how to have fun or what?? (ETA: Where's Bugs? She hasn't posted since page 5... of course for this group, that's just two days back)

Oh Mighty Wing

BUGS don't MAKE me hunt you down!!!! 4.2 tonight... nice!

Dave

I'll hunt her down with you. Bugs, we miss you Smile

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Yeah, bugs, what they said Smile Well, tonight, was interesting and fun... I found out that this girl just recently ran a mile in 11 minutes at school... so I gave her a hard workout... always hard to know what to say when it's easy for you but hard for the person next to you. Don't want to be annoying... Smile Glad to have helped her a little... I gave her more advice than she probably wanted.
                                Hey everyone. Shan and Pam are racing this weekend -- cool! Sorry the mosquitoes are getting in , E. We went to happy hour with our local running club -- the only time we see them is at happy hour once a month Blush . They made us wear our Boston medals -- pretty goofy but fun.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com