Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/27 (Read 336 times)

Bugs

Kim, I STOPPED doing push-ups. My shoulders are better now. I stretch backwards often. Nobby thought I should meet with a personal trainer to see if that person would have ideas. Wink I could use alchohl to make me not feel my shin pain. I plan to run so hard tomorrow I will want to puke so I'm sure it won't be a problem in the 5K.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... I plan to run so hard tomorrow I will want to puke so I'm sure it won't be a problem in the 5K.
      That's an inspiring spirit!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

I could use alchohl to make me not feel my shin pain. I plan to run so hard tomorrow I will want to puke so I'm sure it won't be a problem in the 5K.
        I'm so proud. And just under 4 tonight at far too fast a pace.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

5k runners recover with vodka right? Tomorrow there is no such thing as starting too fast. Pass in the 2nd mile. Keep em back in the last mile. I'm nervous.. racing Bugs has been on vacation for a long, long time. Goal... sub 30. Big grin

Bugs

Kimmie

Kim, I STOPPED doing push-ups. My shoulders are better now. I stretch backwards often. Nobby thought I should meet with a personal trainer to see if that person would have ideas. Wink I could use alchohl to make me not feel my shin pain. I plan to run so hard tomorrow I will want to puke so I'm sure it won't be a problem in the 5K.
            That's funny... I have some ideas... but not all of them are good ones. Alcohol... I need a drink right now too... but I will refrain... right now I'm feeling some knee pain and generally crankiness- and my DH went out to a guys night movie... so, you know, I'm either hitting the bottle or going to bed. The weird thing about the push-ups is that I used to be able to do them no problem- now it seems to hurt me... that's what's curious. There are a lot of other exercises that strengthen the pecs- push-ups just are the best. Hey Pace- can't believe we didn't get a picture together! When I met you , I had no idea what was going on. I probably had a dumb look on my face. I was so taking it all in... and I saw your van so many times- but didn't see you again after noon, I think? There was one guy on your team that seemed to be running many of my legs. Never caught his name. Are you going to write a race report? I never did. We went out to celebrate... I thought our team won 2nd- that's what the race director told me, but I guess they still had some calculating to do - anyways- we came in 6th in the co-ed division- out of 30 something teams or whatever.. still not too bad. We had one woman who got really lost- probably ran 5 extra miles she said... so that's too bad. I think I will write a race report... some crazy stuff happened. You racers get some rest.... I wish I was racing this weekend... Another random question: do you think running abnormally slow last night hurt my knee? I think it might have and that's not good because I have another beginner group in the morning. Last night, I ran with that girl that I told you about- I assumed she was a fast runner because she's 15 and on the basketball team at her school. She even wore her bball shoes- not running shoes. After running about a 12 minute pace with her and having her speed up 30 second pickups here and there- for a total of about 4 miles, I then proceeded to do a little more speedwork for myself- just another 1.5 miles. so, who knows, my knee might just be cranky. It might rain tomorrow, so maybe non of my beginners will show up.
            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I dunno, but I hear ice is good, Kim Wink

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

OK, Shan.... I swear to GOD, if you are running the Pig, and you do it without my prior knowledge and at least a weak attempt to say hello at the start line, I will ban you from this group. I have the power, and I'll do it. Evil grin
                That's right, he can! We should all remember that this is really Murphy's group and he can kick us all off here if he wants to! Although, he gave many of us administrative rights so we can just bounce right back on.. but still! It's his party so play nice! Murphy, I'm gonna throw it out there again and say I think you're gonna PR on this one. I'm not sure what you recent problem was, but geez, dude. You've been working at this long enough, time to get the pay back!! Bugs, I have a 5k tomorrow too! But I'm not worried about racing it. It's one I enter every year, and would love to beat my PR time, but this year I'm just jog/walking it. Should be a gorgeous day for a nice jog around the bikepaths. 30 minutes of elliptical at lunchtime, 45 minutes of pool running after work.
                Kimmie

yay Erika! sounds like you're feeling better, then? Hope so.... and hope you enjoy your 5K. Murphy, I totally agree with Erika. And your earlier post scared me. Smile

Oh Mighty Wing

ok there is NO need to threaten!!!! Tongue If I was going to be racing the same race you would know!!!

Dave

5 really slow miles this morning with the Kingstowne Striders (new running group started by my buddy Tri-Kev). I actually checked the Frederick Marathon registration page to see if I could show up on race day and run it for my MM qualification. I'm losing my mind. Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Do it, Dave! (Probably too late, though). Lots of blister racers this morning -- I'm jealous. I've mentioned before that I wanted to run Frederick today, but we're here in Minneapolis so that messed up that idea. p2r I think I heard of that place -- I think I heard the story but now can't remember the scuttlebut on why they went under 4.1 miles, 34:31, 8:30/mi, AHR 152 (78% MHR) We found a nice nature preserve to run in right across from the hotel. Most of the run was on a dirt road, but the trail to get to the road was a steep hill with several sets of stairs. I tried to turn around in the road at pace -- I do this because I don't like the slowdown in my pace graphs (yes, OCD) -- but of course the gravelly road didn't hold much traction and I went down. Just scraped up my leg a bit, and my pride. And now my pace graph is all messed up, too :^)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Guess we should hear about some of the races anytime now, right? Hope everyone did well. 9 miles for me this morning. Beat the thunderstorms and heat...barely.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

What would you do if you got to your race and all 5K was on grass, and you call your coach but got his voice mail? Confused

Bugs

What would you do if you got to your race and all 5K was on grass, and you call your coach but got his voice mail? Confused
                              I'd probably run it, and depending on the footing decide how hard to run it.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

I jogged the 5K, added a few strides. I was afraid of the footing, twisting an ankle on the grass, with a marathon in a week. There is a 5K about 80 miles away tomorrow, but running is a touchy subject and letting DH fish could buy me some brownie points. I'm trying to find a guy to pace me to run 5K hard tonight...not easy to find a fast male runner that wants to run with a married woman on a Saturday evening.

Bugs