Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/29 (Read 309 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Lou, maybe try to load the chipset software to the garmin watch again, and then reload the computer drivers as well. Might not help, but unlikely to make it worse.

Mowed, trimmed, pruned, and then rewarded myself by going out for a 4mi run. Then wife comes home and announces she's decided to do her 14mi long run today. She let me take a half hour nap first, and then we were off -- and we met and ran with someone else for the middle 6mi, which really helped. Have had plenty of food and liquid; feet hurt and ready for bed now Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Give my best to your DH, Erika and I'm glad it went well.

I ran 6 1/2 today (woohoo!).  Still unpacking boxes.  Smashed one of my shins really good on the moving truck but it doesn't seem to be affecting my running.  Nice to be back at it.  Today's route was sort of around the "big" block around my neighborhood.  More hills than I expected but I think that's a good thing.  I will not lack for running routes around here.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Good to see you running again, Dave.

Perry - I thought about reloading the computer drivers, but it doesn't work with Harriet's computer either so it is a problem with the unit itself.  If I could reload the chipset I would, but since I can't get the unit to work on the usb that's not possible.  It needs to go back to Garmin.  Lucky I have this spare unit though.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice run, Dave.

Celebrated our country's birthday with a 8 miler this morning.

Happy 4th everyone!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

5.1 miles, 46:04, 9:02/mi, AHR 148 (76% MHR)

I just heard that 150 million hot dogs are going to be consumed in the US today.  Yikes!

Cashmason

4th of July 10k   46:08

Even with the extra 59 seconds,  McMillan says I would miss a BQ by 31 seconds.  And that is if I ran a perfect race in perfect weather on a flat course..   sigh.

Happy 4th everyone!!!! Hope everyone is having a great and fun filled weekend!

Glad to hear you were able run Dave! Hills are good Smile

Well I had 1 of the 150 million. We're actually having fish tonight. Only reason I had a hot dog was it was quick to cook up after my run. Speaking of I ran 14 today. Looks like this week will be my highest milage week since Run for the Red. I had planned on 60-70 however I MAY actually get close to 80 and I'm feeling GREAT! 

Cash I don't pay much attention to those calculators. I always have hopes for something but come marathon day it is what it is. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hail to The Victors!

Good to see you were able to enjoy this nice Michigan weather, Dave.  Nice run!

Finally cracked 1:30 for the first time in 5 years at the half.   About time.   Just 24 seconds off of my half PR, so I think I've got a shot at blowing it away come October.  

Way to go, Jeremy!  Nice race!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations Jeremy, and Happy Fourth Smile

I helped make a stew and it came out edible, so great success for me for the Fourth.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

HR still a bit high, but endurance feels like it's coming back. 

Planned 9's but ended up with a bit of a progression run: 

miles@pace(AHR) = 5@9:08(143), 2@9:03(148), 5.14@8:37(155)

overall: 12.1 miles, 1:48:03, 8:54/mi, AHR 149 (76% MHR)

evanflein

Hey if you're interested, here's the link to my Seattle race report.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/10006f94cc0040f786e4c9c62db8a2f2

The formatting is a little messed up... I typed it up in Word (Like I've done before), copied and pasted it in RA but it doesn't work as well after the latest upgrade here. Oh well, still a long report of a fun weekend.

Kimmie

Just finished reading your report Erika!   Sounds like a great weekend with friends.  That's too bad about the blister.  What a bummer, but you seemed to handle it well.   Glad you enjoyed yourself.  Did your DH run too?

Today we are tired from the festivities last night, but I may get a run in this afternoon.  We'll see.

Hope you all enjoyed your 4th!

Great race report, Erika!  Thanks for the pointer -- I haven't been over at 'masters' much lately.

evanflein

Thanks, and hey Kimmie... got another blister today! I think I've figured out that it's the metatarsal pad I'm using, it shifts around even though it's taped down. I need to put it under my insole. I've done that before, but had it on top because I'm switching it between a couple pairs of shoes. Gotta stop that, I guess.

12.2 miles today, a lot hotter than I thought it was (I thought it was 69 when I started, but turns out it was almost 80!) and I had a 20 oz bottle of water, but it wasn't enough. I used to be able to go out on these runs with no water, but I can't seem to do that anymore.