Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/10 (Read 287 times)

Bugs

Really? Did she break 20 mins yet?

I know she beat me.

Bugs

Bugs

Willa,

Do you really believe that fine line between being "quite a 5K runner" and not is specific to beating 20 minutes? 20 minutes is commonly a male's time goal not a female. Someone asked me what a good time was for a half marathon last week, my answer "better than your last". I'd have the same answer for a 5K.

Bugs

Hawt and sexy

Before she cut me off, that was her goal. But then, she was still doing marathons too. I only get second hand info on her anymore. I don't have a standard for a good 5k really. All I know is you can't run one from a couch.

I'm touching your pants.

Bugs

All I know is you can't run one from a couch.

Funny,  I keep seeing 5K run/walk. What's a run divided by a walk. I'm not smart enough for 5Ks. Smile

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

A truly good 5K time is done at a pace (c. 4:11) that I cannot sustain for even half a mile -- I don't think for even a quarter mile. Criminy.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Got my 3 miles in. Was falling asleep before I went out. Happy with myself for getting out.. Still very humid. Ran easier felt easy.

I dont think Ive ever run a 5k. Have done a couple 10ks. Even put in a respectable time at the last one a couple years ago. Almost puked at the finish line. I started Bugs' annual virtual 5k two years ago and crapped out.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ran 6 or so mi this afternoon. Felt like I might pass out, so had some gatorade in the middle and didn't go any further. Think I didn't eat enough for lunch & in afternoon.

Shan also had mono in February and has had trouble with longer runs since then.  I'm not sure she's given up on marathons, but maybe I'm not paying enough attention.  I know she ran around 21:30 in a recent 5K.

8 miles @8:15/mi yesterday for me.

Today PDR and I are taking a rest day because we need to get to work too early because we are leaving early to meet dawndaughter2 and NJ for dinner and running club happy hour.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Rest day for me, though I do have an itch to run some easy miles.  I think the 90 degree temps later will take care of that itch, though.  

Hope everyone has good runs.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hail to The Victors!

I was unfriended in December (I think), it's good to hear that she's doing well.  I was wondering why I hadn't seen anything about her at Boston this year, the mono definitely explains it.  She's young, and that curve of improvement could go a long way for her if she lets it. I know it would be funny (to me) if she went sub 20 before Candice, but I like schadenfreude like that.

5 tempo yesterday with 4 wu/cd.  Was down on the workout for a while until I downloaded the numbers, and then it looked at little better.  12-13 today, if it ever stops thundering.  Lots and lots of rain for today...

Bugs

I started Bugs' annual virtual 5k two years ago and crapped out.

I expect you there next year!

I love 5Ks. Wish I had time for more but they are always on Saturdays and I take the kiddos to Taekwondo.

6 miles with the girls. Tried to start the group slow, like a 10 minute pace. RP always seem to lead the group at a 9 minute pace. I hate that pace, no mans land training.  They were all looking back at me wondering if I was going to catch up, but I said that I really needed to run easy, they could go ahead if they wanted. RP seemed annoyed, said they were averaging a 9:45 pace which was true, but current pace was 9:00, not where I wanted to be. We did slow down. By the end my legs felt good, RP was tired. She emailed me, said she ran too fast, too much. Sad Easy runs are probably meant to be run alone. I'm thinking about switching to heart-rate monitor running for easy running. Part of me would really like to try increased mileage this summer for the next marathon. Think I'd be able to run more if I did that?

Bugs

I think I unfriended Shan at one point. I think because I wasnt running and my page was littered with 'run more' posts which for some reason annoyed me. More my issue than hers. But when I popped back in here and she was sitll a member I refriended her so she could see all the baby pics. I was trying to see if she had done Boston and she must have dropped me, but I refriended her and she quickly accepted. I sound like a jr  high schooler.

Her improvement from the 1 mile a day runs to where she got was awesome to see.

I think Im running at lunch today. But I have a sneaking suspicion that while I packed my bag for the gym, I may have left my shoes at home. If thats the case, I will probably just switch my off day today--since Ive run 3 days in a row, and run tomorrow at lunch instead. Still on target to hit my modest weekly goal.

Had my shoes with me. Ran 4+ very sweaty miles. Felt great and strong. Could have used some water along the way. Next time I will carry my bottle.
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Off to head home and run.

evanflein

I think I unfriended Shan at one point. I think because I wasnt running and my page was littered with 'run more' posts which for some reason annoyed me. More my issue than hers. But when I popped back in here and she was sitll a member I refriended her so she could see all the baby pics. I was trying to see if she had done Boston and she must have dropped me, but I refriended her and she quickly accepted. I sound like a jr  high schooler.

Holy crap Murphy. No kidding. And that, friends, is a big part of why I don't do the Facebook thing. Just don't have time for it! I'd much rather spend what time I have in here keeping up with this lot.

But yes, her build up was nothing short of incredible, but I was always worried that she was doing too much, too fast and she had a shaky base. You can get by with youth and enthusiasm for awhile...

I sure hope it warms up, or at least stays dry. I'm planning on running home from work today, or at least a good part of it, and don't relish the idea of being cold AND wet.