Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-30 (Read 351 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

awesome run Erika!!! my hotel is in Genoa, NV. It's down in a valley - I've got mountains on all sides - some with trees and snow - and some are mostly dirt. It's crazy.
      Good morning! Sluggish recovery run this morning, but I think that isn't a surprise given the past two days. 3.1 miles, 29:50, 9:31/mi, AHR 130 (67% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hail to The Victors!

Wicked hills Erika, nice graph! Man, I can't believe some of you are sick again! Get well soon! Back from the wilds of Illinois, got back just in time to beat our (hopefully) last shot of snow for the season in. An inch of snow on the ground and counting. The ground is really warm, so it shouldn't stick around too much. This will probably be enough to kick me inside today for my last inside run for a while. They are saying two inches an hour during my running time, yikes! Yesterday's race went about as I expected. I bet on 42 minutes, and I ran 42:03, almost spot on. The hills on the course were as rough as expected, so I'm very happy to get there. Hope everyone has a much less snowy day than me!
          Thanks Guys!!! Like the past few days I'm feeling fine first thing in the am it's after I eat something that my stomach starts hurting and as the day progresses it just gets worse. I shouldn't be suprised since basically everyone in the neighborhood with kids (that I know of) has had some kind of virus etc go through their house the past few weeks. Just seems we're the last to get hit. I'm suprised it took this long since all of us have been exposed to alot of crap last month. Anyway to answer your question about what's with all this crap, when you have kids especially in elementry school/daycare/preschool your bound to get sick. And suprisingly with my immune problem I rarely catch anything though I think pushing the milage these past few weeks. I'll probably run through this thing. My body is really really good at getting me to stop when it needs too.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Beautiful Shan Smile GREAT run Erika Smile Congrats again on your new PR Jeremy! Not sure what today has instore. I woke up to thunder and rain. Kids have Thursday and Friday off gotta figure out how I'll get my runs in. Today looks like a Parkway day. I hate dealing with traffic (not much of a shoulder on alot of the roads around here) when it's raining. FIgure 10-12 easy miles. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good morning Lou Smile Way to go out and get your run in!