Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/1/2010 and Happy Birthday, Kimmie!! (Read 215 times)

evanflein

So, you get a brand new shiny age group this year? Congratulations and I hope you have a great day, a wonderful week and a very rewarding year ahead.

After posting my monthly totals at the end of last week's thread, I feel strangely tired. Today (Monday) will be an easy day with some pool running after work. I find that's a good recovery activity for me.

Sounds like Lou is back on the road and doing well. Now we just need to get Perry's ankles all better and make sure Pam is recovered and good to go. Sounds like Bugs is doing well, and Kimmie is recovered from her early birthday party. Paul is rock solid steady, P2R has shown up more and Dave is trying to run with a heavy workload. Even Willamona and Cash have made some appearances recently. We just need Jeremy and Murphy to show up more often and we'll all be good to go! I hope I didn't leave anyone out, if I did I'm truly sorry.

Hey Dave, want to post last week's tallies?

Cashmason

Happy Birthday Kimmie  !

Hello Erika.... wave

Hey Dave, want to post last week's tallies?

Oh, sure -- the week I have 22 miles, she wants to see the tallies (actually the previous week I had <gulp> 5)  Smile

Happiest of birthdays, Kimmie!  40?  Hey, you can post on the masters group now Big grin

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

I cranked like 7 for the week and dream of your 22.  Fine.  Cash ran more than me.  .

Nice mileage Wila, Cara (who won't visit anymore),  P2R, Erika, and Brian.  I'd complement Pam but it is half her normal total.  Same with Jeremy but I'm guessing he hasn't posted them all yet (Get with the logging part, Bugs).

It's a new week.  Has to be better than last week.

Name Distancedown Time
          dcv2002 96.3 Mi 12:38:57
          willamona 70.2 Mi 13:00:00
          pace2race  53.3 Mi 8:42:41
          CaraH 50 Mi 8:16:07
          rockenmamof5 39.4 Mi 6:25:00
          evanflein  38.8 Mi 5:37:12
          HuskerB 35.2 Mi 5:50:32
          jhallum 31.7 Mi 4:21:35
          Kimmie 30.5 Mi 4:44:51
          Dutchie42 29 Mi 5:05:49
          WillRunForBeer 22.7 Mi 3:49:04
          lilcat19 18.4 Mi 2:43:04
          VixiDu 15 Mi 2:26:30
          theyapper66 14.6 Mi 2:30:55
          Bugs 9.5 Mi 1:30:00
          Cashmason  8 Mi 1:13:48
          dgb2n  7.4 Mi 1:05:00

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

There it is for all to see -- some folks are putting in a lot of miles!

3.1 for me today, recovery paced (actually that's about all I had after yesterday's 17).  Legs were sore and tired, but I expected that after my layoff.

Happy Birthday Kimmie!!!

Glad to see your back running Erika!! Gotta be feeling good (I know I am *knock on wood*)

Nice 17 Lou! Glad calf wasn't anything serious and that the time off you took helped!

HI cash!

Thanks for the tallies and half compliment Dave. I have to say I'm just glad I'm running. There was a point where I thought I was done running (at least for a good while).  I doubt I'll get back to my "normal" mileage until after Boston (or at the very least right before Boston). I had decided last summer that I was going to give the less is more a chance. That and I'm doing some cross training (other than lifting) which I haven't done before with my running.

Today I'm thinking a recovery run in the am and then my strength training this afternoon. I got a real nice blood blister on my big toe from yesterdays run. Guess it's time to relace my shoe's the right way now that my foot SEEMS better.

Happy Monday everyone!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

Those are some pretty impressive totals, everyone.  Nice to be with such a great running group.

Hopefully 4 for me later today.  Kids are out of school so I can't go until the afternoon.  If I can average 20 mile weeks this month, I may cross the 2,000 mile barrier.  I'd be pretty happy about getting past that in under 2 years of running.

Happy birthday, Kim!  Hope it's a great one!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Happy Birthday Beautiful Kim!

I think I ran 24 miles last week. I ran 2 miles this morning. Legs were a little tired, but they should be as I ran 10 miles yesterday, biked 30 minutes and lifted weights. My sleep scheduled is really messed up so not sure I'll run tonight.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I put in 1600m last week.

If you count swimming.

Which you don't.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

5.3 today for me.  1 mile with one of my sons and then a little over 4 by myself.  Now, dinner and a movie.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

Hey you all!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!! Great run in the rain this morning... only 5 miles.

Totally enjoying my day, even though it's raining... it's all good.... 70 degrees here... back home to the snow tomorrow.. 

Glad to hear everybody seems to be feeling better.   I got to meet up with a running  friend on saturday but not Karina-  just didn't work out -  although I'm disappointed, there;s always next time.

going out with hubby in a little bit.  Smile

Happy Camper

Happy Birthday Kimmie and have fun on the date! You beat me to it by a day but I bet I still have a few years on you.  The age fairy kisses me tomorrow. 

6.2 to start the  week.  Small 5k race planned for the weekend. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Hail to The Victors!

Nice mileage Wila, Cara (who won't visit anymore),  P2R, Erika, and Brian.  I'd complement Pam but it is half her normal total.  Same with Jeremy but I'm guessing he hasn't posted them all yet (Get with the logging part, Bugs).

Nahh, last week was brutal at work, first time in a couple of years that happened, so four days went down the crapper as DNR days.  Last that's going to happen before the marathon, time to rip out some 300 mile months, or Boston is going to be one long fun run.

Happy Birthday Kimmie! 

And happy birthday, pace!  (in case I forget tomorrow)  Smile

Bugs

Jeremy,

Team Blister is overdue for a perfect week, this it. Lots of good miles to you.

Lou,

I feel like I owe you a beer. Send me the bar bill. I'm good for it! Wink

6 miles, 9:16 pace.  Kitchen cabinets go in this week. DH just realized one of the cabinets will hit a light and is moving it now. Serious sweating in the household tonight.

Bugs