Marathon Trainers

Sticking in a Race (Read 71 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

So I've decided on a whim to stick in a race on friday... how do I change my plan around? I'm thinking about the 10K as opposed to the 15K The remainder of my week looks like this: 6 3 5 10 3 This is the first time I've every races whimsically... so if I race the 10K should I change my saturday run or should I plan on keeping it the same and then adjusting once I get out there if necessary? If I do the 15K that will take the place of my 10. And Saturday I will try to do a light 5 (or something). Apparently I seem to be much better able to make a plan for the longer rather than the shorter!

Dave

That's a pretty steep mileage week Shocked Does the "remainder" start the day after the 10K? If so, I'd reduce the 6 to a 3 mile recovery run and then proceed as planned. Especially if you go the full 15K, I'd want an easy recovery run after that and maybe an extra off day just to make sure you're fully recovered before the 10 mile LSD.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

The 6 starts tomorrow. Sorry guess I didn't make that clear. It's my get to 30 mile week plan - but it gets modified like today I only did 1. So hopefully I'll end up around 25 for the week. So if I do the 15K it would go: 6 1-3 race 1-3 5 Really secretly I want to run the 15K. But I'm feeling guilty because the standing ovation is for the lower distances.
        Cashmason

Do the race your heart wants to do. What standing ovataion? The only thing wrong with longer races, is all the food is gone by the time you finish, cuz all the 5k ers ate it all.

Oh Mighty Wing

Standing ovation - came from other places haha... And you are right Cash! As you can see I am a lover of all Pasty snacks - not just speed paste!