Marathon Trainers

Week of 1 - 7 Sept 2008 (Read 163 times)

Bugs

Hi guys. Sorry was a busy weekend. here's my Race Report VERY PLEASED.

Bugs

Dave

What an awesome race, Bugs. Sounds like you paced it just right and you really smoked it. Once I move up to Michigan, we should pick a 10K race somewhere in the middle. Virtual is cool but it would be interesting to go head to head. Next summer maybe. Bring it on Wink If you're willing to trust your fitness, I think you can go 3:50 in your marathon. Of course, to run a 3:50, you have to be willing to risk a 4:20.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

If you're willing to trust your fitness, I think you can go 3:50 in your marathon. Of course, to run a 3:50, you have to be willing to risk a 4:20.
        Thanks, the race was a surprise for me. I'm still shocked. I don't want to risk blowing up. My pace runs are all around 9:00 mins- a 3:55. Seems the only way I go blow this is get halfway and decided to go for it, die trying. My PR is 3:58, if I could beat that I'd be very happy. This is also a very fun marathon with crowds the entire way, it'll be nice to feel well enough to enjoy all that's around me. I was so tired the first time I ran it, I was in a coma just trying to get done with it. Part of this summer was conditioning my legs for more miles, learning what my body can handle, plenty of more marathons to run faster, like flat fast Fargo. How about we race there? Smile

Bugs

Dave

I'm not an expert but isn't that in, you know, like, ... North Dakota?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Great job Bugs. What training got you that improvent you think? More miles, more speed work? Lunge workout today.