Marathon Trainers

2009 Goals (Read 406 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Start thinking about these goals!! Here are mine:

1. Run MORE.

2. Sub-2 Half at National.

3. Close to 4 - God's Country in June

4. Tahoe Triple - september uuggghhh I guess I need new goals...  - canceled due to change in goals

umm so for the rest of 2009 my goal is to run what my coach says without question.

Dave

1. Keep running after I start my new (more time consuming) job. 2. Run smart and healthy. No injuries that cause more than 1 week without running. 3. Balance work, family, running. 4. Run > 1500 miles 5. Sub 1:40 HM, Sub 3:30 marathon I can't wait to run with you guys at National. Shan, 2:00 or 2:15, that would be an amazing PR for you. I hope you do it Smile Notice I didn't say if my marathon goal was for National but we both know it is.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

1. Keep running after I start my new (more time consuming) job. 2. Run smart and healthy. No injuries that cause more than 1 week without running. 3. Balance work, family, running. 4. Run > 1500 miles 5. Sub 1:40 HM, Sub 3:30 marathon I can't wait to run with you guys at National. Shan, 2:00 or 2:15, that would be an amazing PR for you. I hope you do it Smile Notice I didn't say if my marathon goal was for National but we both know it is.
        Just know that if I was planning a sub 1:45 half I would totally help pace your first half!!
        Kimmie

Finally back on my computer and not trying to post from my Iphone-- cool technology, i'm just not that good at it yet. Ok, 2009 goals: 1. Qualify for Boston (at Myrtle Beach?) 2. Run a 21 minute 5K 3. Run 1500 miles in a year ( or maybe 2000?) - made it to almost 1300 this year. That's all I can think of right now.
            OK, here goes. 1. 1500 miles run in 2009 2. 100+ miles ecery single month 3. sub 5 hour marathon 4. Sub 4 hour marathon 5. Get to and maintain my weight in the 170's
            Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

1. Goal weight 185 pounds

2. Average over 5 runs per week

3. Stay injury free

4. PR in 5k, 10k, HM and marathon Not sure if/how to assign specific numbers to #4.

5. 2000 miles

Bugs

My only goal: Smash my marathon PR.

Bugs

evanflein

My 2009 goals will probably change and develop over time. But right now, I'm so ticked off that 2,000 miles is out of reach for 2008 (and I was way ahead of the damn pace bunny for SO long!!), that's gotta be #1. So... 1) 2,000 miles in 2009 2) Sub-22 minute 5k (this is a perennial goal, don't know what I'd do if I ever made it) 3) Weight consistently down to 138 or below 4) A couple of PR's would be nice. I worked on Half Marathon and Marathon this year (got both, yeah!), so maybe shorter distances? 5k (22:30) and 10k (46:07) would be good places to start. 5) Gold Discovery Run PR. Current PR is 2:13:12 and this is one I really want a 2:10 PR for! (this is the crazy trail/hill race with the 4 or so miles steep downhill in the last third of the race... love it and I want a PR!!) Ok, that's it for now. Might change/tweak this as I think of stuff.
                    This years goals are scaled back from last year (included for maximum humility benefit):

2009:

1) Stay healthy (check)

2) BQ while running Boston (3:35) (check)

3) Break 3:30 for marathon (stretch goal) (nope)

4) 2000 miles for the year (check)

5) Achieve marathon maniac status (check)

6) Volunteer at least one race (check)

2008:

1) Stay healthy (check) 

2) BQ while running Boston (3:35) (nope) 

3) Break 3:30 for marathon (nope) 

4) Break 20:00 for 5K (nope) 

5) 2100 miles for the year (nope) 

6) Volunteer at least one race (check)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy Camper

2009: 1.) Run 2 Marathons 2.) Average 1 tempo or speed workout every 10 days. 3.) PR Marathon (sub 3:56:35) 4.) Average 4 core workouts per week. 5.) Weight ≤ 178 lbs.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

theyapper

On the road again...

Good to be on board - thanks for the invite, Dave. My goals are in my sig, but I'll put them here, too, since I'm bound to change my sig at some point. 2009 Goals: 1. Run 1,200 miles 2. Sub 24:00 5k 3. Sub 52:00 10k 4. Sub 2:00:00 HM 5. Become a Marathoner - Richmond on November 14 6. Lose 12 pounds

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

My 2009 Running goals is to learn how to race. I'm looking to get as close to 22 if not under in the 5k I'd like to get as close to 1:45 as I can for the Half Mary Looking to BQ in May . I need a 3:50 though I'd love to get as close to 3:40 as possible I'm signed up for a 100 mile race in August and that all depends on my training and how my legs are after racing my goal Marathon Last but not least run 3,000 miles and end the year healthy and uninjured *knock on wood*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Start thinking about these goals!! uuggghhh I guess I need new goals...
                            There are worse problems to have. We expect to see them by Sunday.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Ringmaster

Okay, let's check in with my 2009 goals. As listed in my blog, here they are:

1. Finish my first marathon, and do so wisely–run this distance, not race it.--DONE
                              2. Set a half marathon PR. I’d love to break 1:45, but that’s a stretch goal.--DONE (not even close to 1:45, though)
                              3. Set a 10k PR. There’s a great 10k run locally in March but I can’t plan to race this since I plan to really cut back on my training after the marathon, so I’ll wait a few months to race again. The time goal: 48 minutes, maybe?--UH, NOT YET
                              4. Set a 5k PR. My PR currently is at 23:38. It’s tough to race a good PR in the summer here because your pace falls off so much during the summer, but I’d like to give a run at shaving a couple of minutes off my time.--LAST RACE IS ON SATURDAY
                              5. Run 1500+ miles. This means keeping a 30 miles per week base. I’d also like to keep a 10-mile long run base. Most of all, do this while avoiding preventable injury and getting enough sleep.--22 MILES AWAY! (but I'm not sure I did it w/o getting injured and am sure as heck not getting enough sleep!)
                              The catch with these goals is that my racing season is at the end of the year, so I haven't had my best 5k race and I might miss my perfect 10k race due to Christmas travel. My 2010 goals:

1. Race 26.2 for the first time. Get as close as possible to 4 hours.

2. Race two half marathons this year. Get closer to 1:45.

3. Keep pushing for the 48-minute 10k and the 22-minute 5k.

4. Run smarter--balance the training load better.

5. Cross-train more.

Yeah, that looks good.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                              Mile by Mile