Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/3/10 (Read 177 times)

May already?

3 recovery miles on tired legs in some rain and wind.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Murphy,

Well done on the half. You are so tough.

Cash,

Biking really does make the nose run doesn't it? My first trip was with my son, so proud he made it 8 miles. I think the shifter/gears not working though.

Jeremy,

You just seem like such a solid runner. Not that you don't run into running pains/minor injuries that cause you to back off but you just seem like you're doing so great.  That is an amazing 5k time, especially since you're still recovering from Boston and training hard too.

I am cramming marathon training this week. Hoping for a 50 mile week of EASY miles. Please pray nothing hurts, I'm just trying to not think about that ankle stuff that was bothering me the last few weeks and going for it.

My graston doc ran a 1:55 in the half marathon he did not do any running training for. That's a 9:00 pace, not bad, not what he could do if he ran in training I'm sure.  His next race is the ragnar relay, be curious if he trains the same for that.

Bugs

Kimmie

Afternoon you all....

Sounds like your leg is mostly better, Lou?

Bugs-  be careful!!!   I think you're going to do great.  I just don't want you to push through pain.

Just had an unbelievable workout on the treadmill.  I usually hate running on the treadmill.  The plan was weights and then run outside, but I just hopped on and started messing with the speed.  I think I will pay for some of those fast repeats.  Smile  I do feel like i was cheating with the incline at 0%.

I ran 10 1/4 mile repeats- started at 8.0 and then the last one was 8.9-   that's a bit too fast for me and I started imagining falling off the back.  Smile  Small warmup and probably too short of a cool down- 4.5 total.

Sounds like your leg is mostly better, Lou?

It surprises me sometimes that I have a superstitious reaction.  Even so, I don't plan to respond to this 

Amanda kicked butt yesterday despite the heat. She managed to get in under the Average 4:48 (for this years race). Tough day for so many people on so many different levels. I actually have a "non race" report that I'll be writing up.  Last year they had over 1700 marathon finishers. This year they had 1280

Nice racing Blisters!!! Congrats on your new PR'S Jeremy and Bugs Smile Happy birthday Lou and Perry!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Cashmason

That is great that your son could go 8 miles on his bike.     You can tell him I am impressed.

Good luck with those 50 miles Bugs.

Cashmason

Happy Birthday  Lou and Perry.

Hail to The Victors!

9 theoretically recovery miles today.  Not sure about the recovery part, but it was 9 miles. 

Was wondering how Amanda did, hadn't seen any news yet, but also hadn't quite gotten the energy for a google search.  Nice work on a rough day, sounds like!

Hawt and sexy

I lived! zOMG it was crazy.

I'm touching your pants.

evanflein

Murphy can you find your time on the race web site? Should be up by now.

Still don't know what race Amanda ran but glad she got through it with no residual ill effects (right??).

Awesome 5k time for you, Jeremy! You are primed for an excellent season of racing.

And good half for Lou. Smart to back off when you felt the need. How's the leg after that?

I could see running my years in miles, but I guess I'd better do it sooner rather than later. At this point, I'd need a 50 miler and a warm up to get it done! I agree with Bugs: Perry is one crazy man. But that's a very cool thing to have done!

I ran my 5k on Saturday and never came back to tell you guys. Another PR, by 4 seconds and another 2nd in my AG to that speedy old bird, Jane. I'll be glad when she ages up later this month, but she's in my AG for series points for end-of-year awards because they use your age on May 1. Oh well. Time was 22:20, so I've managed to chip 10 seconds off my 5k time this year. If I liked 5k's more (or if I really really cared), I'd probably do well to actually train for the distance. But I probably won't.

4 miles on the elliptical at lunchtime today.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think Amanda did some heatfest in NJ.    New Jersey Marathon? Dunno, I'm old and very forgetful.

E: Congrats on the PR!

I did like Jeremy,  more or less, I guess -- should have been a recovery run but felt good and went 10 mi.

DW just discovered that she did 8.22 @ 8:22. Kinda funny.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hawt and sexy

I spread myself too thin on the 'net and I don't remember where i post stuff sometimes. I 'ran' the NJ Marathon.  it was 85 degrees in the shade. I saw a woman walk to the side of the road and pass out. Then I saw a man in the middle of the road puking. And then at the halfway point I saw a pacer pass out. Yeah, a pacer, for the 4 hour group. I gave up on the BQ early and decided that staying out of the hospital that day was good. 26.2 mile training run in hell. heh Good company tho....

I'm touching your pants.

Cashmason

5k run on the treadmill after teaching spin.
                              WTG on the PR, Erika.  Glad you pulled back in that heat, Amanda.

At our half, we saw people dropping like flies and it was only low 70's.

One of my friends who was in the 4:00 pace group (marathon) said one of the three pacers he was with had to drop out.

A bit cooler this morning -- I'll see if I have 5 in me.

theyapper

On the road again...

We have got some tough and fast runners here.  Nice PR's and non-heat strokes.

Got an easy 40 minute run in yesterday.  Not sure if I'll run today or not.  At some point I need a cutback, and with late nights every night this week but Thurs., life might make this the one.  We'll see.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul