Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/21/2011 (Read 181 times)

I go ahead and take the ibuprofen when I feel I need it.

10 mile race this morning, "RRCA MD-DC club challenge".  Rolling hills throughout, drops about 150 feet for the first 5 and gains that back in the second half.  Given that, I was happy with my 74:57 (or 74:56 if you believe my garmin).  It only gave me 200th overall out of 800, a tough field.  I haven't seen the age group rankings yet.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I wanted to run that, Lou, but I had no idea it would fill up, so I didn't sign up far enough ahead of time.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Yeah, I think this is the first year they weren't registering people on race day.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

I had a couple of cut back weeks.  Not so much intentional as not being able to push through some rough travel and get onto a treadmill or out the door for a run.  Sad too because I had at least some of last week in Fort Lauderdale (without running, but I didn't do anything except work, sleep, and travel). 

Home for a good bit this week trying to dig out from under the snow and the email that was waiting for me when I got home.  Brought my gear so I expect to at least get a good run in today on the treadmill.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com